Which anime character stereotype are you?
We all love to watch anime; if you didn’t, you wouldn’t be here, right? If you’ve watched a few anime, you’ve probably noticed there are some pretty common stereotypes that anime characters fall into. Shonen anime, in particular, has many different character stereotypes.
There are many common anime character stereotypes; the overpowered protagonist that so many Isekai anime share, a perverted old grandpa like Jiraiya, you get the picture!
If you’ve stumbled upon this quiz, I’m sure you’re interested in which character stereotype reflects your personality most.
This expert quiz is made to analyze your personality and behavior and match the perfect anime stereotype for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Do this quiz and find out which shocking anime character stereotype you fit into!
Find out if your personality matches any of the following stereotypes:
- Overpowered protagonist: Usually a charming man with a harem of women chasing behind him, they’re also usually overpowered to an unmatched level and have ridiculous amounts of plot armor.
- Powerful rival: Someone who is the polar opposite of the protagonist, typically a cold-blooded character raised similarly to the protagonist, but something happened along their journey and split them up.
- Dumb shonen protagonist: Loud, oblivious, obnoxious. Do any of those words ring a bell? Generally, Shonen protagonists are written in this manner, being loud and annoying. Constantly talking about how they’re going to be the king of x, y, z—constantly talking about how they’re going to reach their goal. These guys never give up no matter what hardship they face.
- Airhead: Completely unaware of the world around them. The airhead will typically be there for comedic relief, doing stupid things that make you wonder if you’re smart for having common sense.
- Tsundere: These people never seem to want to acknowledge their romantic feelings; they’ll do whatever it takes to make others assume they have no feelings. But guess what? All that does is bring more attention to their romantic feelings. So if that’s you, go out and confess. The worst they could say is no! (Or they could possibly ridicule you, and you’ll feel embarrassed for the rest of your life, but I doubt that’ll happen.)
Stereotypes are ubiquitous in today’s culture, generalizing a group of people, whether by sex, age, race, ethnicity, etc. Stereotypes are widely held and oversimplified beliefs about a group of people.
This, however, can be very damaging to certain people as it can give people a false impression and the wrong image of the said group.
Thus stereotyping can have both good and bad impacts on society. These stereotypes are usually deeply embedded in our communities.🤓 More Quizzes