The Lord of the Rings Drinking Game
The Lord of the Rings movies offer many possibilities for drinking games! Check out our rules and ways for LOTR drinking games!Party & Drinking Games 👇
- 😎 What is the Lord of the Rings Drinking Game?
- 📺 Tips for Lord of the Rings Marathon
- 🎥 Lord of the Rings Drinking Game Rules: Scene Based
- 😄 Lord of the Rings Drinking Game Rules: Character Based
- 🍹 Bonus: Lord of the Rings Drinks
What is the Lord of the Rings Drinking Game?
The weekend is the perfect time to relax and watch movies with your boyfriend/girlfriend or with your friends. If you want to spice up your movie-watching experience, why not play movie drinking games too? The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy is a great movie to turn into a movie drinking game!
These are blockbuster movies that most people have seen at least once. If you or any of your friends haven’t watched any of the Lord of the Rings movies, have you been living under a rock or something?! No worries! You can still play the Lord of the Rings Drinking Game even if you’re watching the movies for the first time!
👉 Looking for other movie drinking games? Check out our list of Netflix Movie Drinking Games!
How to Play the Lord of the Rings Drinking Game
There are two ways that you can play this drinking game:
- Scene-based: Drink when a particular scene comes up.
- Character-based: Pick a character and drink whenever they show up on the screen.
Either way, both game versions will get you drunk in no time which makes these long movies more fun!
If you think this is just a Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring Drinking Game, don’t worry. This article will see you through all three movies! This isn’t just a game for the first movie, but is also a Lord of the Rings: the Return of the King, and Lord of the Rings: Two Towers drinking game!
This movie franchise has so many iconic and memorable scenes that we just have to make a drinking game about it!
Lord of the Rings Movie Marathon Tips
Ready to have a Lord of the Rings movie marathon? Turn it into an LOTR-themed party while you’re watching the movies and getting drunk too! Here are some tips to have an awesome Lord of the Rings marathon movie night!
1. Get those drinks
Prepare your alcohol! While you can have your regular beer, vodka, tequila, or wine, why not make Lord of the Rings-themed drinks? You can either put your drinks on wooden pints or mugs to create that medieval pub look which you’ll often see in the movies.
If you don’t have wooden mugs, you can come up with LOTR-themed cocktails or drinks that your friends will love! You can even buy Lord of the Rings wine!
If you’re too lazy to find props or research drink recipes, one easy way to give your drinks a Lord of the Ring theme is to simply give it names like you can call your shot of tequila, “The One Ring”!
2. Schedule it on a weekend
The first movie alone is 3 hours and 48 minutes alone, so if you want to binge-watch the entire franchise then be prepared to use up hours of your time! Make sure to have snacks and to take breaks too!
3. Play games during breaks
There are many mini-games that you can also play while having your Lord of the Rings movie marathon. If you’re playing with a group of friends, you can do forehead flicks instead of drinking in some of the rules to keep people on their toes!
If you’re having a movie date night with your special someone, you can play other games if you want to do something else.
👉 Want to play other games? You’ll have a blast playing any of these fun games for two!
4. Dress the part
Are you and your friends hard-core fans or maybe you’re doing this just in time for Halloween? Why not dress up as Lord of the Rings characters?
Seeing your friends in costumes definitely takes your Lord of the Rings Drinking Game to a whole other level! While you’re at it, try memorizing a few lines from the movies, or try speaking Elvish!
5. The Lord of the Rings Movie Trilogy
Of course, make sure that you have all three Lord of the Rings movies ready to play! That’s the point of this whole game!
Lord of the Rings Drinking Game Rules: Scene-Based
Here are some Lord of the Rings Drinking Game rules if you are playing it based on which movie scenes come up. Make sure to keep your eye out for the following movie scenes! If you miss a scene, you’re missing a chance to make your friends drink!
Get ready to drink every time one of these scenes comes on screen.
1. Take a drink when Frodo says ‘Sam’.
What would Frodo be without Sam?
2. Take a drink when Sam says ‘Mr Frodo’.
The ultimate bromance!
3. Take a drink whenever anybody mentions the One Ring.
The one ring to rule them all!
4. Take a drink every time Legolas says something vague and portentous.
Legolas is also known as Middle Earth’s Captain Obvious.
5. Take a drink every time somebody pulls out a sword.
What a long sword you have!
6. Take a drink every time you talk along with the dialogue.
How can you not say, “My precious!” in Gollum’s voice when it comes out?
7. Take a drink whenever a bad guy dies.
8. Take a drink whenever Gollum says ‘my precious’.
You’ll be drinking a lot.
9. Take a drink every time there is a close-up of the Eye of Sauron.
It sees everything!
10. Take a (small) sip every time Frodo’s stressed-out, ring-possessed face looks like… something else.
Hand me my ale, my good man!
11. Take a drink every time Frodo trips over his own feet.
After taking so many drinks, you’ll end up looking haggard and beaten as he does.
12. Take a drink whenever you see somebody’s filthy, chewed fingernails.
Unless they’re yours!
13. Take a drink every time someone complains about what a different species did or didn’t do several centuries ago.
Particularly Thorin Oakenshield.
14. Take a drink whenever a hobbit screws up.
But we love hobbits!
15. Take a drink whenever Gandalf turns up and just makes things okay.
For extra difficulty, do that with The Hobbit.
16. Take a drink whenever a member of Boromir’s family screws up.
Sean Bean does not simply live through a movie!
17. Take a drink whenever someone says “One by one” or “You know (of)…” in Fellowship of the Ring.
You’ll hear this right from the start!
18. Take a smoke anytime Gandalf smokes his pipe.
It’s his way to de-stress!
19. ☠️ Hardcore: If you have a death wish, take a drink every time there’s a close-up of the ring.
That ring is precious!
20. ☠️ Hardcore: If you feel like living dangerously, take a drink whenever a character says a line that was at worst unremarkable when the films came out but has become a popular meme.
One does not simply…insert meme!
Lord of the Rings Drinking Game Rules: Character-Based
For the character-based Lord of the Rings Drinking Game, specific LOTR characters are assigned drinking rules that you have to follow every time your chosen character shows up on the screen!
Here are some Lord of the Rings Drinking Game rules whenever the following characters appear.
- Drink whenever the ring affects his behavior.
- Drink whenever he says, “Sam”.
- Drink whenever he trips over his own feet.
- Drink whenever he says, “Mr Frodo”.
- Drink whenever he’s mean to Gollum.
- Drink whenever he supports a Frodo who has once again fucked up or is having a Heroic BSoD.
- Drink whenever he kills something.
- Drink whenever he’s doubtful of his ability to be the rightful king of Gondor.
- Drink whenever he smiles like an idiot
- Drink whenever he fires an arrow.
- Drink whenever he says something vague.
- Drink whenever he stares into the distance.
- Drink whenever he says “dwarf” or “elf”.
- Drink whenever he talks about using his axe (to kill stuff).
- Drink whenever he’s used as a comic relief (Beware of the Director’s Cut).
The forces of Mordor:
- Drink whenever Sauron appears.
- Drink whenever a Nazgûl screeches.
- Drink whenever he says “Precious”.
- Drink whenever he says “Gollum”.
- Drink whenever he does something that makes him look like a bad guy.
- Drink whenever he says something about how powerful he could be if he had the ring.
- Drink when he dies (Whether it makes you laugh or cry, you always wait for that moment. Admit it.), or is mentioned posthumously.
- Drink when one of them dies on screen.
- Drink when one of them says or does something entirely stupid.
- Drink when the orc army slaughters a bunch of good soldiers.
Pippin and Merry:
- Drink whenever they begin to grumble about food.
- Drink whenever they do something intelligent for once.
- Drink whenever one of them gives an exposition for the benefit of the audience.
- Drink whenever he acts arrogantly towards Gandalf.
- Drink whenever he expresses contempt for Wormtongue.
- Drink whenever he acts creepy towards Éowyn.
- Drink whenever he backstabs someone (figuratively or literally).
- Drink whenever she wants to fight for Rohan but her family won’t let her.
- Drink whenever she acts awkward around Aragorn because she has a crush on him.
- Drink whenever he does something he doesn’t want to because his father demands it.
- Drink whenever he acts nice to one of the hobbits.
- Drink whenever he’s overprotective towards Arwen.
- Drink whenever he glares at someone or nothing in particular.
- Drink whenever his voice tone and/or facial expression makes him sound/look like a bad guy.
- Drink whenever she says something mystical and profound.
- Drink whenever one of her gifts to the Fellowship helps save the day.
- Drink whenever she gives a mysterious and introspecting look at anything or anyone.
- Drink whenever she mopes around Rivendell while her fiancé is risking his life to defeat Sauron.
- Drink whenever she appears in a dream or flashback that Aragorn has.
- Drink whenever she says something in elvish because it looks cool.
Lord of the Rings Drinks
If you are looking for Lord of the Rings-inspired drinks to go with your movie night, look no further! We have compiled quick and easy-to-make LOTR-themed drinks that are perfect for the ultimate Lord of the Rings Drinking Game night!
1. Miruvor Drink
If you and your friends are bonafide ringers or Tolkienites, you would have heard of Miruvor, which is in LOTR-role, is a popular Elvish energy drink. It is a cordial that restores hunger and grants strength to people who drink it.
Miruvor Drink Ingredients (2 servings)
Below are the ingredients that you’ll need to make your own Miruvor:
- 12 oz Mead
- 2 strips Lemon Peel
- 2 strips Orange Peel
- 1⁄2 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Tbsp Dried Rose Buds (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Honey (or to taste)
- Edible Flowers
Miruvor Drink Directions
Here’s how to make your version of Miruvor:
- Combine all ingredients, except for the edible flowers, in a small pot.
- Put the heat at low and allow all ingredients to simmer.
- After simmering, strain the drink, and top it with edible flowers.
2. Orc Vitality Drink
If you’re looking for other rejuvenating drinks aside from Miruvor, you can also make your own Orc Vitality Drink! You’ve seen how strong the orcs are in the movies! Don’t worry! We’ll share the recipe to make your own version of Orc Vitality Drink that humans will like!
Orc Vitality Ingredients (1 serving)
Below are the ingredients that you’ll need to make your own Orc Vitality Drink:
- 1 oz Sambuca
- 1 oz Sweet Vermouth
- 1 ½ oz Absinthe
Orc Vitality Directions
Here’s how to make your version of Orc Vitality Drink:
- Combine all and stir well.
✍️ June 30, 2021