Quidditch Pong is similar to Beer Pong except that more cups are used, and some minor, 'magical' altercations are made to the way the game is played to make that Harry-Potteresque feel more authentic.Party & Drinking Games — November 9, 2018
The Quidditch Pong Drinking Game
It’s here to help those of you cope with the fact that you’ll never actually become a real wizard or have any magical powers by consuming alcohol.
What equipment do you need for Quidditch Pong
- 10 Solo Cups (+2 more for water cups)
- 1 ping pong ball per 2 players
- 1 (optional) Golden Snitch
- Having both beer & liquor on deck is recommended
How many players do you need for the drinking game Quidditch Pong?
You will need 2-6 people to play Quidditch Pong.
Quidditch Pong drinking game setup
Start setting up on a regular beer pong table, but instead use a 10 cup rack on each side. If you want to use the optional final-cup rule where only the Snitch can be used, then glue wings onto one of your ping pong balls and color it gold (guide to making your own snitch here). Next, make the three Quidditch Pong goals to shoot through, as seen in the picture above. Last, fill the 10-rack up with beer and fill up the water cup. Last, bust out your sorting hat to decide which team shoots first.
Rules of the drinking game Quidditch Pong
While similar to Beer Pong, the Quidditch Pong Drinking Game rules are about as good as it gets when it comes to creativity. The overall goal is to be the first side to reach 100 total points and win the game. The amount of points that a cup is worth varies by special rules:
- -10 points: for using your bludgers to swat a ball illegally, or if you knock your cup over
- 10 points: for a regular make.
- 10 points: Once per game per team a player can, instead of shooting, call for a shot of Felix Felicis (liquor) and automatically receive 10 points instead of shooting their shot
- 20 points: for making a shot through any of the three goals, which can be legally swatted by the other team’s bludgers (hands)
- 20 points: for bounce shots that go in, which can also be defended by the other team’s bludgers
- 20 points: if you score 3 shots in a row you drink a Gurding Potion. You now have extra endurance and shoot until you miss, each shot counting as 20 points.
Aside from using your bludgers defensively (to block 20 point shots), you can also cast Wingardium Leviosa and blow out a shot out that is spinning (before it stops in the water).
Each team is allowed 4 spells per game, two per teammate. Spells must be called before shooting, and the spell being cast depends on whether or not the shot is made. If the shot misses, the spell cast still counts against the team’s total spells. Here is a list of Quidditch Pong spells:
- Accio: You may move a single cup to any spot on the table. (Excluding the Snitch)
- Badazzling Hex: You next turn your balls become invisible. You can bounce/shoot through the goal, and your victims can’t see (can’t block).
- Cave Inimicum: Re-rack the cups on your side, making it harder for your opponents.
- Confingo: The cups hit takes out the closest cup with it (must be touching), totaling to 20 points on the turn (if made).
- Confundo: Opponents become confused. Their next shots must be trick shots.
- Conjunctivitis Curse: Victims become blind on their next turn, and shoot with closed eyes.
- Deprimo: You can blow away the opponents shots from mid-air on their next turn.
- Engorgio: Make a cup of your choosing larger (replace solo cup with larger cup). (Excludes Snitch)
- Episkey: Add a cup back to the rack you are shooting at, Opponents choice of where to place it.
- Evanesco: Remove one cup on your side (only usable once per game). Can be used to remove any cup including Snitch.
- Expelliarmus: One opponent loses one spell.
- FiendFyre Curse: Causes victims cups to catch fire. Every four shots the victims miss they lose another cup. For every three shots, your team misses you lose one cup.
- Finite Incantatem: Removes any spell/curse in play or protects you from one spell of your choosing through the end of the game.
- Flame-Freezing Charm: Causes fire to become harmless (fire from a successful FiendFyre Curse).
- Imperio: You control your opponents next shot, deciding how they shoot it on their following turn.
- Jelly Legs Jinx: Victims can’t use legs, and must shoot their next shot while sitting on the ground.
- Lumos: Blind victims with any light on their next turn [potential to be hilarious].
- Reducio: Make any cup smaller on your side (be reasonable). (Excludes Snitch)
- Refilling Charm: The cup made never goes away, and must be refilled each time it’s made. (can be removed by opposing team’s Evanesco spell)
- Reparo: Re-rack your cups into a formation of your choosing.
- Tarantallegra: Victims can’t stop dancing until after their next shot is taken.
Full Quidditch Pong Drinking Game Set:
You can get a full set to play Quidditch Pong on Amazon for only $11.99:
Red Cups + Ping Pong Balls
Dangers of the drinking game Quidditch Pong
It is always important to take care when dealing with alcohol. Quidditch Pong is certainly one of the most entertaining drinking games. We hope you enjoy Quidditch Pong.