These additional Monopoly rules turns your favorite board game into one of the best adult games out there. The basic rules are the same but we added an alcoholic twist to it. Have fun while watching everyone make their drunken moves and strategies. Here are the rules for Drunken Monopoly.
Equipment for Monopoly as a Drinking Game
How many players?
Monopoly is for 2-8 Players.
- 1 drink if you land on someone property
- 2 drinks if they own all of that property
- 3 drinks if you land on a hotel
- 1 drink if you roll doubles
- 1 drink if you must pay luxury tax
- Give 2 drinks when you land exactly on GO
- 1 drink if you must mortgage a property
- Go to jail and finish your entire drink
- 1 drink if someone comes to just visit you in jail
- 1 drink if you must have to pay your water or electric bill
- Pour 1 drink to FREE parking for any bills you must pay
- 1 drink if you land one someone’s railroad (+1 per additional they own)
- Slam the common glass if you get Free Parking.
- Assign 1 drink to someone else if you get money back from government.
- 1 Drink if you must pay at a Community Chest or Chance Card.
If you don’t own the classic Monopoly yet, you can get it for $14.59 on Amazon:
Basic Monopoly Rules
The objective of Monopoly is to be the person who holds the richest player with the most real estate. You win when you are the last player standing and have brought the other poor players in the game to their knees. Quick breakdown of the Monopoly rules to use as the base for the Monopoly drinking game:
- Everyone starts on the space “Go”.
- When you land on a property that is not owned by another player, you can buy it from the bank. The price for the land is on the back of the property card. Once owned, when another player lands on your property they pay you rent, the rent increases demanding on how many houses or hotels are on the property.
- Once you own all 3 colors, now you can add houses and then once 4 houses, upgrade to hotels.
- You can mortgage the property to the bank, the value of the mortgage is on the back and you must buy it back for full value.
- If you land on chance or community, choose the card and complete the action on the card.
- If you roll doubles three times in a row you go to jail.
- Every time you pass go, collect $200.
- If you land in FREE parking, collect the pot of cash in the middle that all the taxes are contributed too.
- If you do not have enough money left to pay rent and no more properties to mortgage, you must declare bankruptcy.
Similar to Monopoly, but with a lot more alcohol involved. It combines different games in one board game. Defenitely worth to have a look!
Alternative Version of Monopoly
You can also get different themed Monopoly games like a Game of Thrones Edition:
- Monopoly: Fortnite Edition
- Monopoly: Rick and Morty Edition
- Monopoly: Star Wars Edition
- Monopoly: Cheaters Edition
- Monopoly: Gamer Edition
- Monopoly: Deadpool Edition
- Monopoly: Game of Thrones Edition
- Monopoly: Disney Edition
- Monopoly: Mario Kart Edition
- Monopoly: National Parks Edition
- Monopoly: The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Monopoly: Super Mario Bros Collector’s Edition
- Monopoly: Friends Edition
- Monopoly: Bobs Burgers Edition
Dangers of playing Monopoly as a drinking game
It is always important to take care when dealing with alcohol. Monopoly as a drinking game is certainly one of the most entertaining drinking games. We hope you enjoy Monopoly.
⭐️ Our rating for Monopoly as a Drinking Game:
Monopoly as a Drinking Game will definitely spice up your next party. Based on how complex, how easy it is to play and how drunk you will get, we give it 4.9 out of 5 stars. We hope you enjoy Monopoly as a Drinking Game as much as we do!
Post updated: November 10, 2018 - by PsyCat Games