Give & Take
The Give and Take drinking game uses playing cards to imitate a game of truth or dare by randomizing turns and offering players an option between truth/dare, or drinking their alcohol.Party & Drinking Games 👇
Give and Take Drinking Game Equipment
- 1 Deck of cards
- Drink of choice
- A table (recommended but not necessary)
Give and Take Drinking Game Setup
Gather all party people around a table. We recommend a table for ease of communication. Shuffle the playing cards and pass out four cards to each person face up.
Now you make two rows of 6 cards, face down. Designate one row as the truth or take side and the other as the give and dare side.
Give and Take Drinking Game Rules
The Give and Take drinking game rules are simple:
- The left row of face down cards represent “Truth”, while the right row represent “Dare”.
- Also, each card from one to six in the rows increments the length of time you’d have to drink for if you choose the drink-your-beer alternative (2, 4, 6, 8 ,10 seconds, ending at a full beer chug/bong).
Give and Take Drinking Game Gameplay
Starting with the truth or take pile flip over the card designated for two drinks. Whoever has this card has the option of taking the 2 seconds or answering a truth question agreed upon by the rest of the playing group.
If no one has the card a card replacement from the left over deck is necessary.
Now if two people have the card it goes to a battle of rock, paper, scissors. The loser drinking and the winner having the choice of truth or taking the 2 second drink.
🤓 Suggested read: Guess the Scene! - Acting drinking game | Gameplay
Then the game alternates to the dare and give side. If a player has a card matching the card in the row, they may give the designated amount of drinks and then receives a dare from the person/people that the drinks were given to.
Same rules apply as stated above if multiple people have the same card or if no one has that particular card that was flipped.
Some special rules exist to make the Give & Take drinking game a bit more interesting as well:
- If a player has doubles of a card flipped in either row, they can assign other players the drinks and take the truth/dare, or vice-versa.
- If no one has the card that was flipped, everyone drinks 2 seconds
- If anyone receives an Ace in the initial four card hand out, they can make up a drinking rule.
- If an Ace is flipped in either row, whichever player has the most cards from the same suit as that Ace makes a rule (ties are broken by a good old fashion game of Rock Paper Scissors)
- One last side note, Aces dealt to player or flipped in rows aren’t counted as a card, they simply represent a rule to be made, then they’re discarded and replaced with a new non-Ace card.
Dangers of playing Give & Take
As with every drinking game, take care of yourself. Give and take can quickly escalated into a drunken messy party.
🤓 Suggested read: Drink Draw Drinking Game: Rules and Guide
✍️ May 6, 2019