Funny drinking toasts
With these drinking quotes, you are settled for any occasion! Whether you want to say a little more than 'Happy birthday' or you're celebrating an anniversary, bringing up your favorite toast is always appreciated.✍️ November 8, 2022
Sure, you could just say “cheers” before taking a sip of your drink. But where’s the fun in that? There are many benefits to using funny drinking toasts. For one, they can help to break the ice at a party or gathering. If you’re nervous about meeting new people, a funny toast can help put everyone at ease. And, of course, they’re just plain fun!
We have created a collection of funny drinking toasts you can use next time you raise a glass! If you are looking for some extra entertainment to lighten up your party, check out these 17 Drinking Games.
26 Funny Drinking Toasts
There they are. The 26 Drinking Toasts that everyone will enjoy. With this collection you can add levity to any special event and will surely add some personal touch to it.
1. Cheers to beers and legs behind your ears.
It’s ok if you sometimes find no better reasons for drinking.
2. Always remember to forget the things that made you sad. But never forget to remember the things that made you glad.
Sometimes it’s nice to have a common toast ready that works in every situation.
3. May we be who our dogs think we are.
You can always play save on pets.
4. Here’s to staying positive and testing negative.
Wouldn’t that be a nice toast to one of your real friends?
5. Here’s to the heat. Not the heat that brings down barns and shanties, but the heat that brings down bras and panties.
There is nothing like sarcastic, goofy toasts.
6. Alcohol may be man’s worst enemy, but the Bible says to love your enemy.
The next party is justifiable with this drinking quote, even to your mom.
7. Here’s to alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life’s problems.
One can’t deny that Homer Simpson is for sure a clever guy.
8. Better to be a well-known drunkard than an anonymous alcoholic
Maybe not the best phrase for a gathering with a straight piece, but undoubtedly one of the nicer Russian drinking toasts.
9. To hell: May the stay there be as fun as the way there.
Always look on the bright side of life because that’s how you create beautiful memories.
10. Pain makes you stronger. Tears make you braver. Heartbreak makes you wiser. And vodka makes you not remember any of that crap.
With this said, where can I get the next cold beer bottle?
11. I used to know a clever toast. But now I cannot think of it. So fill your glass with anything. And damn your souls, I’ll drink it.
This is one of the most common college drinking quotes you’ll ever have.
12. May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past.
Always a good one to bring up as a wedding toast.
13. When the liquor is inside, the pain goes elsewhere.
This Irish toast is perfect for you if you are an honest fellow.
🤓 Suggested read: Top 6 fun party games for three
14. Here’s to those who wish us well. All the rest can go to hell.
If you are celebrating your second wedding, this quote might be the right one. Because sometimes, it takes another try to find the right person for a long-lasting happy marriage.
15. Drink today, and drown all sorrow. You shall perhaps not do tomorrow.
This is always a good one to overcome bad times.
16. Here’s to the nights we’ll never remember. With our friends, we’ll never forget.
This is one nice toast to bring up at birthday parties.
17. To your very good health. May you live to be as old as your jokes.
If your friends share sarcastic humor, you can only win with this one. Especially if you’re an old fellow with an army of memories.
18. Let us toast to bread, for without bread, there would be no toast.
One can’t deny that English folks are hyped by their breakfast. For a good reason!
19. Here’s to that long straight piece in Tetris.
Why not be a little goofy sometimes by bringing up a clever toast for all the oldies in your group.
📖 Suggested read: 15+ The Simpsons Trivia Questions & Facts Only Real Fans Know
20. Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. So let’s get wasted all of the time and have the time of our life.
For sure one of the best college drinking toasts you’ll ever come across.
21. Here’s to your liver! May it live as long as you last.
Wouldn’t that be a nice toast to find on a beer bottle?
22. May all your ups and downs be under the covers!
Another famous toast you can use at your best friend’s bachelor party.
23. Here’s to doing and drinking, not sitting and thinking
Cheers to that. I raise my head in agreement.
24. Here’s to our wives and girlfriends…may they never meet!
Groucho Marx knew how to praise the glasses of life.
25. Champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends.
Try this one at your next bachelorette party.
26. Some ships are wooden ships, but those ships may sink. The best ships are friendships, and to those ships, we drink.
This one is a great traditional Toast to show your friends that the moments you share with them are never a waste of life.
We hope you found some quote within this list that suits you and represents you as a character. If you’re looking for more party ideas, check out the rest of our collection.
FAQ about Drinking Toasts
1. Why do people cheers while drinking?
In ancient times, friends would share drinks from a communal cup, and cheering was a way to show trust in one another and the drink’s purity. Another theory suggests that cheering originated to ward off evil spirits before consuming.
2. Do you clink glasses during toast?
Traditionally, the act of clinking glasses before taking a drink is believed to have originated from warriors. They would clink their glasses before drinking mead to show that they were not poisoning each other.
In ancient Greece, cheersing while drinking has been an important tradition. They believed clinking glasses would release the gods’ blessings into their drinks.
3. How do you start a toast?
There is no set rule for starting a toast. Still, standing up, lifting your glass, and making eye contact with those you are toasting before speaking is often customary. Some people like to start with a quote or funny saying. In contrast, others jump right into stating what or who they are toasting to.
4. Why should you not cheers with water?
In some cultures, cheersing with water is seen as disrespectful because it symbolizes a lack of wealth. It can also be seen as not fully participating in the toast and the communal drinking experience. However, if everyone at the table cheers with water, there is no issue.
5. Do you drink when someone toasts you?
It is customary to take a sip of your drink when someone toasts you. It is a sign of appreciation and acceptance of the toast. However, suppose you do not drink alcohol or want to consume less at the moment. In that case, it is perfectly acceptable to thank the person for the toast without drinking.
6. What does it mean to turn your glass upside down after a toast?
Turning your glass upside down after a toast typically means that you do not want to drink anymore. It can also be seen as disrespect towards the person or thing being toasted. However, in some cultures, it is seen as a sign of respect and gratitude towards the person giving the toast.
7. What is the difference between cheers and toast?
Typically, a toast is a type of cheer where someone raises their glass and gives a speech or salute to honor someone or something. However, in casual settings, the terms are often used interchangeably. Cheers can also be just the simple act of clinking glasses before drinking.
8. Which hand do you toast with?
Generally, there is no right or wrong hand to toast with However, in some cultures, it is considered polite to use your dominant hand.
As you can see, there are many ways to give a toast. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just having a few drinks with friends, these toasts can help make the experience more enjoyable.