Christmas Movie Drinking Games
Christmas is the most magical time of the year! Enjoy our collection of Christmas Movie Drinking Games!✍️ December 13, 2022
- 🎅 1. Home Alone Drinking Game
- ⛄️ 2. Elf Drinking Game
- 🥰 3. A Christmas Carol Drinking Game
- 🎄 4. Hallmark Christmas Movie Drinking Game
- ❄️ 5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas Drinking Game
Have you ever watched a Christmas movie that was just so good it deserved to be enjoyed with drinking? Then you should play drinking games for Christmas movies!
Some of the greatest drinking games are specific to one tradition or holiday, and this is especially true when it comes to watching your favorite Christmas movies. Here are some drinking game suggestions for your holiday season! Get yourself into the holiday spirit!
Attention: The following drinking games are only for adults and for fun! Please beware that we don’t support binge drinking or underage drinking.
1. Home Alone Drinking Game
This classic Christmas movie is a perfect one for drinking games. In this movie, Kevin McCallister is accidentally left behind when his family goes on vacation. Kevin has to defend his home from two burglars.
Get your friends together, make some snacks and drinks, and get ready to have some fun!
How to Play Home Alone Drinking Game
Are you ready to play the drinking game? You can, of course, make up your own drinking game rules, but here are some general ones to get you started:
1. Every time someone gets hurt, take a drink.
Oh, oh, that happens a lot.
2. Every time Kevin is ingenious, take a drink.
You’ll love drinking every time Kevin is clever and outwits the bad guys.
3. Every time someone says “McCallister”, take a drink.
That name is said a lot in the movie. Have fun with this one!
4. Every time someone is drinking in the movie, take a drink.
I hope you chose your favorite beverage to drink while watching…
5. Every time the burglars break something, take a drink.
Just think of all the broken windows…
6. Every time Kevin screams, take a drink.
This one is sure to make you parched.
7. Every time you see a reindeer, take a drink.
Just watch out for Rudolph.
8. Every time a character speaks French, take a drink.
You never know when French will come up.
9. Every time someone says “Kevin”, take a drink.
Take a sip every time the main character’s first name is mentioned, is really evil…
10. Every time a spider appears on screen, take a drink.
This Christmas movie is not for arachnophobes.
2. Elf Drinking Game
The Elf movie drinking game is a perfect game for Christmas movie fans! In this classic, Will Ferrell starred as Buddy the Elf who learns he is human and goes in search of his family.
Like any other movie drinking game, this game is really easy to play. You just need to make sure you have a copy of the movie and some drinks ready. Cheers to you and have a wonderful time!
📖 Suggested read: 🎃 Top 5 Halloween Party Games for Teens
How to Play Elf Drinking Game
Feel free to make up your own rules, but we’ve collected some basic ones to get you started. Enjoy!
1. Every time Buddy says “impossible”, take a drink.
This elf is determined to do everything perfectly.
2. Every time Buddy talks to animals, take a drink.
He may be an elf, but he sure doesn’t understand animals.
3. Every time someone says “Buddy”, take a drink.
We love drinking every time the protagonist’s name is mentioned.
4. Every time you hear sleigh bells, take a drink.
Be careful, these bells are everywhere.
5. Every time Buddy does something funny, take a drink.
Ferrell had us laughing in this movie.
6. Every time someone says “Christmas”, take a drink.
It’s a joyous holiday!
7. Every time someone is drinking in the movie, take a drink.
That’s our favorite rule!
3. A Christmas Carol Drinking Game
This drinking game is perfect for all your Christmas Carol fans! This movie follows Ebenezer Scrooge, an elderly man who becomes mean and greedy. He encounters three ghosts that help him understand the error of his ways.
🤓 Suggested read: Top 7 Drinking Games for Christmas 2023
Once again, this drinking game only requires you to gather some friends and drinks to get started!
How to Play A Christmas Carol Drinking Game
You can make drinking game rules according to your preferences, but here are some drinking game suggestions:
1. Every time Scrooge is drinking, take a drink.
He loves his alcohol, that’s for sure.
2. Every time you see the ghost of Christmas past, take a drink.
You’ll love drinking every time the ghost of the past appears.
3. Every time the ghost of Christmas present appears, take a drink.
He’s always popping up to give Scrooge a scare.
4. Every time the ghost of Christmas future appears, take a drink.
He’s the most feared of the ghosts, for sure.
5. Every time the bell tolls, take a drink.
This drinking game is sure to have people stumbling!
6. Every time someone mentions Tiny Tim, take a drink.
The poor young lad is always on Scrooge’s mind.
7. Every time Scrooge changes his ways, take a drink.
He goes from bad to good! A great happy end for everyone!
4. Hallmark Christmas Movie Drinking Game
The Hallmark Channel is famous for its original movies which show the true meaning of our favorite holiday. And yes, a Hallmark drinking game can also be created for your favorite Christmas movies! Gather your loved ones, make some hot chocolate and eggnog, and get ready to play.
How to Play Hallmark Christmas Drinking Game
The following rules are general Christmas Movie drinking games rules. So, they fit in nearly every Christmas movie! Here are some rules to get you started:
1. Every time you see an animal, take a drink.
This drinking game is sure to have you feeling tipsy.
2. Every time someone goes holiday shopping, take a drink.
Yes, you’ll need to buy lots of drinks for this game!
3. Every time someone says “Christmas”, take a drink.
How often do you think the word “Christmas” is said in a Christmas movie? I guess very often…
4. Every time you hear bells, take a drink.
Yes, even if it’s a car or a train with bells!
5. Every time there is a cheesy snow scene, take a drink.
We all love a good cheesy snow scene.
6. Every time you see mistletoe, take a drink.
Kissing under the mistletoe is a Christmas tradition, after all.
7. Every time someone tries to set up their single parent, take a drink.
Lots of Christmas movies are the Parent Trap all over again!
8. Every time someone plans a holiday trip, take a drink.
Why does everyone always travel in Christmas movies? And don’t forget, there’s always a last-minute change!
9. Every time a small business owner defeats corporate greed, take a drink.
And the female main character is always a corporate businesswoman, a journalist, or a housewife.
🤓 Suggested read: Halloween Movie Drinking Games
10. Every time there is an almost-first kiss, take a drink.
You know the drill. They always get interrupted!
11. Every time a couple slow dances, take a drink.
And of course, the music always has to be sappy!
12. Every time a character has a Grinch-like boss who doesn’t like Christmas, take a drink.
Remember, the best way to deal with a grinch is to drink lots of eggnogs!
13. Every time there is a holiday wedding or engagement, take a drink.
“Will you marry me?” “Yes.” Cheers
14. Every time there is a family moment, take a drink.
What a creative drinking game!
15. Every time a person with the first name Joy or Noel appears, take a drink.
There’s bound to be at least one of these characters in a Christmas movie!
16. Every time someone goes ice skating, take a drink.
It’s always a classic Christmas activity.
17. Every time a rich person helps a common person because of the holiday, take a drink.
It’s the season of giving, after all!
18. Every time someone comes up with the perfect gift, take a drink.
“Oh, I have the perfect gift for you.” Gets mistletoe
19. Every time there is a baking competition, take a drink.
Who doesn’t love a good baking competition?
20. Every time someone drinks hot cocoa, take a drink.
If you need a break from all the alcohol, maybe replace your drink with hot cocoa for some time.
👉 Suggested read: Movies for Charades
21. Every time an adult sees their high school sweetheart again, take a drink.
Beware, if all the movies are true, you might run into your high school sweetheart during the holidays!
22. Every time there is a snowball fight, take a drink.
This drinking game includes watching lots of physical activities!
23. Every time someone makes up new holiday traditions, take a drink.
Every family has its own holiday traditions, right?
24. Every time the movie ends on a happy note, take a drink.
4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas Drinking Game
Who doesn’t love the Grinch Stole Christmas? The movie is a perfect blend of silly, funny, and serious moments that make for the perfect movie drinking game.
How to Play the How the Grinch Stole Christmas Drinking Game
Enjoy this holiday classic while also having a little fun and getting a little tipsy with the following drinking game rules:
1. Whenever someone says “Grinch”, take a drink.
Prepare for frequent Grinch references throughout the movie, so you’re sure to be sipping your favorite drink often with this first rule!
2. Whenever someone rhymes, take a drink.
This classic Dr. Suess rhyming style makes this movie so fun and silly, so be sure to take a drink every time you hear someone rhyme something on the screen!
3. Whenever the Grinch smiles or laughs, take a sip.
The Grinch’s character is meant to be comedic, so keep an eye out for his signature big grin or hearty laugh to take a sip of your drink.
4. Whenever Cindy Lou Who says something good, take a drink.
Cindy Lou Who is the perfect example of innocence and goodness in this movie, so be sure to toast her every time she says something sweet!
5. Whenever the Grinch plays a prank, take a drink.
The Grinch is known for his elaborate tricks and schemes, so be sure to toast him whenever he pulls one of his classic moves!
6. Whenever you hear a Christmas song, take a drink.
This holiday movie wouldn’t be complete without all the classic Christmas tunes, so keep an eye out for any singing and take a drink when you hear one!
7. Whenever you see the Grinch’s mountain, take a drink.
The Grinch’s mountain is an iconic symbol of the movie, so cheers with a drink whenever you see it on screen!
8. Whenever someone opens a gift, take a drink.
The Christmas cheer in this movie is infectious, so be sure to toast everyone who receives a gift with a drink!
9. Whenever the Grinch has a flashback from his past, take a drink.
There are plenty of powerful and emotional moments in this movie, so be sure to toast each one with a drink!
10. Whenever Cindy Lou’s dad explains the true meaning of Christmas, take a drink.
This powerful and emotional scene is the heart of this movie, so make sure you are prepared with a full drink to toast it!
Whether you’re enjoying this festive Christmas movie with friends or family, play one of these drinking games for a fun and spirited holiday! If you’re looking for more party games, check out our whole collection.