Cheers to the Governor
Cheers to the Governor is a social drinking game that only requires a couple of people, alcohol and some creative ideas. You can literally play it everywhere and you don't need any equipment, that's why it's also the perfect game to play at a bar.Party & Drinking Games — October 14, 2019
All you do is count to 21 and create rules that collect over time, making the game more and more complicated.
Equipment for “Cheers to the Governor” ✅
- At least 2 people (But we recommend at least 4)
- Alcohol (like beer, wine or mixed drinks)
- A little bit of creativity
How to play “Cheers to the Governor” 🤓
It’s simple: Gather in a circle and have your beers ready.
- One person now starts counting with 1.
- The next person goes on and says 2.
This continues until one person reaches 21. At this point, all players yell “Cheers to the Governor” and drink.
The person who said 21 has the privilege of making up a rule. This rule can be anything that the rest of the players are willing to agree to.
An example would be: All players must drink at number 13.
Cheers to the Governor Rule Ideas 🤓
- Player X drinks at number 4
- Instead of saying “10”, knock twice on the table
- Instead of saying “21”, end the round with a “Truth or Dare” question
- Instead of starting the round with “one”, start with a “Never have I ever” question
When someone breaks a rule or messes something up, the group must go back to 1 and start over.
A game of Cheers to the Governor usually ends when everyone is too drunk and tired to keep playing, but officially the game ends when all numbers are occupied by a rule.
When all numbers are occupied, you also have to complete a full round without any mistakes. (Which at this point could be really, really hard.)
Have fun playing Cheers to the Governor!
Dangers of playing Cheers to the Governor
Cheers to the Governor can be a lot of fun. However, as always you should be aware of the consumption of alcohol and its limits. Drink with caution!