Bullshit Drinking Game is all about lying and bluffing. We tell you everything you need to know about this legendary card-drinking game. You better be good at lying, or you will get drunk very fast!✍️ September 23, 2022
The goal of Bullshit is to get rid of your cards as fast as possible. The key to winning the game is to be good at bluffing and have a good strategy. So if you have a bad poker face, you will be drunk very fast!
Looking for more fun drinking games? Check out these insanely fun drinking games for your next party!
How to play Bullshit Drinking Game
Before we get into the gameplay, let’s take a look at what you will need to play Bullshit as a Drinking Game.
What do you need to play?
- A 52-card deck (if you’re more than 6 people, you’ll need two card decks)
- Plenty of alcohol (we recommend beer)
- 3-10 players
If you want to know how to play the Bullshit drinking game, follow these steps:
1. Deal out all the cards:
Choose a person to be the dealer. The dealer shuffles the deck and deals out all the cards, one at a time, clockwise around the table until there are no cards left.
2. The person to the left of the dealer starts:
The person to the dealer’s left starts the game by playing one or more cards from their hand face down on the table. The first player must begin with aces. When the player puts down one or more cards, they must announce what it is, for example, in this case, “two aces”.
3. The next player must play a higher card:
The next player must then play one (or more) card from their hand, which is higher than the previous ones.
For example: If the first player plays two aces, the second player could play one, two, or two threes. If the second player plays a two, the third player could play two threes. This way, the cards played get progressively higher as the game continues. When reaching the end of the available cards, e.g., a King played after a Queen, an Ace can be played to “loop back around” to a Two.
4. If you cannot play a higher card, you have to bluff:
If you cannot play any card from your hand higher than the previous one, you must lie about the cards in your hand and play any card(s) from your hand. The other players must then decide whether or not they believe you.
For example, if the player before you played two queens, and you don’t have any cards higher than queens in your hand, you might say “two kings” and play any two cards from your hand.
5. If someone challenges you, you have to show them your cards:
If another player thinks you are lying about the cards in your hand at any point during the game, they can challenge you. That means you have to show them your cards.
6. If they are correct, you have two choices:
If you’ve been got caught lying, you have two options. You pick up all the cards from the table, add them to your hand, or drink.
7. If they are wrong, the challenger has two choices:
They can either pick up all the cards from the table and add them to their hand or drink. 🍻
8. The winner is the first player to get rid of all their cards:
The game continues until one player has no cards left in their hand. That player is the winner!
Bullshit drinking game rules
There are only two Bullshit drinking game rules:
1. If you get caught cheating, you drink or pick up the cards.
If you get caught cheating, you have to take a drink, or you can choose to pick up all the cards from the table and add them to your hand.
2. If you challenge someone and they’re not cheating, you drink or pick up the cards.
If you challenge someone and they’re not cheating, you have to take a drink, or you can choose to pick up all the cards from the table and add them to your hand.
That’s it! Those are the only two rules for the Drinking Game version of Bullshit. So get out there and start cheating!
Games like Bullshit
There are a lot of great card-drinking games out there that are similar to Bullshit. If you’re looking for something similar to play, check out these drinking games:
1. Indian Poker - Drinking Game
Indian Poker is a simple and fun card-drinking game that will get you drunk in no time! It is played with a regular deck of 52 cards and can be played with two or more players.
How to Play Indian Poker
Deal out one card to each player face down. The players must not see their card. Once everyone has a card, all players hold (or stick) the card to their forehead without looking at it. So everyone can see the value of everyone else’s card but not their own.
Once everyone has a card to their forehead, the game starts with the player to the dealer’s left and goes clockwise around the table. Every player must decide if they participate or fold in that particular round based on the other player’s cards.
The player with the highest card is the round winner.
Drinking Game Rules
- Any player that folded and had a lower card than the winner drinks two times
- Any player that folded and had a higher card than the winner drinks their card value
- Anyone who didn’t fold and lost has to drink the difference between their card and the winner’s card.
2. King’s Cup
King’s Cup is a popular card-drinking game that can be played with a standard 52-card deck. The game is simple to learn and can be pretty rowdy, making it a great party game. There are many variations of the game, but the basic rules are as follows:
How to play Kings Cup
Place a big cup in the middle of the table. This will be the King’s Cup. Shuffle a regular deck of 52 cards and spread them out face down around the King’s Cup.
With each turn, a player turns over a card. Each card has a different rule associated with it, and the player must follow the rule associated with the card.
King’s Cup Card Rules
- Two: Choose a player to take two sips or pick two players to take one sip.
- Three: Drink one sip.
- Four: Choose one player to drink with you. Both of you must take two sips.
- Five: All guys take a big sip.
- Six: All ladies take a big sip.
- Seven: You become the thumb master. When you put your thumb on the table, everyone else must also put their thumb on the table. The last person to do so must take a big sip.
- Eight: Choose a player to drink with you for the rest of the game.
- Nine: Say a word. The next player has to say a word that rhymes with your word. This continues until someone either can’t think of a word or says a word that doesn’t rhyme. That player must take a big sip.
- Ten: Everyone has to drink.
- Jack: Make up a rule for the game and enforce it until the next Jack is drawn.
- Queen: You come up with a category (e.g., animals, countries, TV shows, etc.), and the player to your left has to name something from that category. The next player then calls another item from the same category. This continues until someone either can’t think of an answer or repeats an answer. That player must take a big sip.
- King: The first three people who draw this card must pour their drink into the King’s Cup. The fourth person to draw a king has to finish the King’s Cup.
- Ace: Waterfall! Everyone starts drinking simultaneously and can’t stop until the player to their left stops. The last person has to finish their drink.
3. Pyramid - Drinking Game
Pyramid requires a good poker face and memory! But don’t worry, it’s not as complicated as it sounds.
How to Play Pyramid
- Setup the pyramid: The dealer places cards face down in a 6-5-4-3-2-1 pyramid. Then they hand out four cards to each player.
- Every player gets four hand cards. They’re only allowed to take a quick lock at their cards (around 5-10 seconds). Then they have to put them face down in front of them.
- The dealer starts the game: The dealer turns over one card at a time, starting at the bottom of the pyramid. If the turned-over card matches one of your hand cards, you can tell the others to drink. Of course, you always have the opportunity to bluff. But beware, if you get caught bluffing, you have to drink twice the amount!
- Every row represents the number of drinks. So if it’s the first row, the person has to take one drink. If it’s the second row, they have to take two drinks and so on.
- If you think a player is lying, you can call their bluff. But be careful, if you’re wrong, you have to drink the amount that was on the row + 1 additional drink! If you were right, the liar has to drink double.
More awesome card drinking games you can find here: Top 10 Card Drinking Games