Baseball, the drinking game, is a turn-based team drinking game where skill dictates the winner. 3 missed shots and your team's turn is over.✍️ September 28, 2022
The Baseball drinking game is a fun game that’s perfect for house parties, and it’s a great way to get your friends drunk! The game is a combination of the popular drinking games beer pong and flip cup. The goal is to shoot a ping-pong ball into one of the opponent’s cups.
If you’re in need of more fun drinking games, check out these insanely fun drinking games for your next party!
How to play Baseball
Baseball is not only a fun sports game to watch, but it can be a great drinking game too! Here’s how you can play the Baseball drinking game at your next party.
What do you need for Baseball?
To play the Baseball drinking game, you will need:
- 14 Drinking Cups
- at least one ping pong ball (we recommend more so you don’t have to keep retrieving them)
- a long, rectangular table to play on
- your favorite alcoholic beverage (we recommend beer)
- at least 4 players (ideally 8 players) to make 2 teams
Now that you have everything you need let’s get into the setup.
The Baseball drinking game requires some preparation before you can start playing. Follow these steps to get everything set up:
- Place the cups on the table: Place 4 cups at each end of the table and 3 cups along each side of the table. So you should have 14 cups total placed on the table.
- Fill the cups at each end of the table with water halfway: Fill the 8 cups (4 at each end) with water halfway. This will keep them steady and prevent them from being knocked over easily.
- Fill the 6 cups along the side of the table with an alcoholic drink of your choice: Fill the 6 cups along the side of the table with beer, wine, or any other alcoholic drink. We recommend using beer for this drinking game as it’s easy to drink and tends not to make people too drunk.
- Determine the teams: Decide which team will be the home team and which team will be the away team. This can be done by a variety of methods such as flipping a coin, rock-paper-scissors, etc. The away team will go first.
- Position your defense: There should be one player at each cup on their side of the table and one player behind the end of the table.
Once you have everything set up, you’re ready to start playing the game! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to play the Baseball Drinking Game:
1. The players on the offense team try to throw a ping-pong ball into one of the four cups of the opposing team.
The batter stands behind their team’s end of the table and tries to throw the ping-pong ball into one of the four cups at the opposite end of the table.
Depending on which cup the ping-pong ball lands in, different rules apply to the batter:
- The ball lands in the first cup: The player may proceed to the first base, which is the first cup on their side of the table.
- The ball lands in the second cup: The player may proceed to the second base, which is the second cup on their side of the table.
- The ball lands in the third cup: The player may proceed to the third base, which is the third cup on their side of the table.
- The ball lands in the fourth cup: The player scores a run and earns one point for their team.
- If the ball lands in a cup, the owner of the cup has to drink 🍻: If the ball lands in any of the four cups, the player who owns that cup has to take a sip of their drink.
2. The batter is out if…
There are certain conditions under which the batter is out, and the next player of their team has to take their turn. The batter is out, if:
👉 Suggested read: Beat the Dealer Drinking Game
- they miss the cup three times
- they miss the table
- a player of the opposite team catches the ball
3. After three outs, the teams switch offense and defense.
After three players on the same team are out, the teams switch offense and defense. Now, it’s the other team’s turn to be on offense, while the first team is now on defense.
4. You can earn a point by challenging your opponent to play a round of flip cup.
The batter can challenge their opponent to a round of flip cup at any time. They just need to drink their cup and then place it upside down on the edge of the table. The opponent then has to do the same.
- If the opponent manages to drink their cup and flip it over before the batter does, the batter is out.
- If the batter manages to drink their cup and flip it over before the opponent does, they earn one point for their team.
5. The winner is the team with the most points.
You can either play until a certain score is reached or play for a certain amount of time. The team with the most points at the end of the game is the winner!
🤓 Suggested read: Bullshit Drinking Game: Rules & Instructions
Baseball Drinking Game Rules
Here are all the drinking rules of the Baseball Drinking Game summed up:
You have to drink if a ball lands in your cup.
If the ball lands in any of the four cups, the player who owns that cup has to take a sip of their drink.
You have to drink if you play flip cup.
The batter can challenge the defender to a round of flip cup at any time. Both have to drink their cup and then place it upside down on the edge of the table.
- If the defender manages to drink their cup and flip it over before the batter does, the batter is out.
- If the batter manages to drink their cup and flip it over before the defender does, they earn one point for their team.
That’s it! These are all the drinking rules of the game. It may seem like a lot at first, but you’ll get the hang of it after a few rounds. So invite some friends over, set up the game, and let the fun begin!