Avalanche (also known as Three) is a drinking game of chance which can be played with any number of players. You only need a dice and alcoholic beverages.✍️ January 29, 2019
Equipment for Avalanche the Drinking Game:
- Game Drinking Glasses
- A Six Sided Dice
- A Table
How many Players do you need for Avalanche?
Avalanche can be played with any numbers of players. This makes it suitable for any party.
Avalanche Drinking Game Rules:
To play Avalanche, you’ll need a dice and one glass. Each player sits around a table with their glass or cup of alcohol. To play a turn, a player begins by filling the “game glass” with either a small or large amount of their drink. They then roll the die. They do the following depending on what number they receive:
- 1: The player does nothing; they pass the glass and the dice to the next player
- 2: The player adds more alcohol to the game glass and passes it to the next player, along with the dice
- 3: The player must drink the contents of the game glass
- 4: The player yells “floor!” Everyone must either point downward or drop to the ground. Whoever does this last or fails to do it must drink the contents of their glass
- 5: The player can make anyone of their choosing drink the glass
- 6: Same rules as when a player rolls a 1. However, many groups choose to substitute an original rule of their choosing for a six play
Adding only a little drink - especially to a fairly empty glass - is a small bet as this will be easy to drink if necessary. On the other hand, adding a large amount of drink, while risking a challenging “downing” task, also potentially inflicts that task on someone else.
After rolling the dice and following the rules:
After the event, the glass and die will be passed on to the next player, who thus may or may not inherit a partly full glass. When the game glass is drunk, play continues with another glass and with the next player from the one drinking the glass. If this player has not finished drinking the glass by the time play returns to them, they lose the game and are out. Once a player consumes 3 game glasses, they are out with a loss. The winner is the last person not to lose in these two manners.
Alternative Version of Avalanche:
Some groups choose to play by these simple rules. In other scenarios, some like to play Avalanche elimination-style, with players being removed from the game after three consecutive drinks.
Dangers of the drinking game Avalanche
It is always important to take care when dealing with alcohol.
🤓 Suggested read: Vietnam War Drinking Game: Rules and Instruction