Asshole (also called President) is a popular, but more complex and competitive turn-based card drinking game. Your position each round yields to an initial pre-game advantage (or disadvantage), and positions are won by getting rid of your cards the fastest.
Equipment for Asshole Drinking Game:
- A Deck of cards
How many people do you need for the game Asshole?
Asshole is best played with 4+ people.
Setup for Asshole Drinking Game:
All of the players spread out and sit around a surface where cards can be played. The dealer equally disperses the cards amongst the players. If you’ve already played one round and players have positions, the card exchanges would take place before the first turn.
Rules of Asshole:
The President begins the game with the first turn, followed by the Vice President, then the middle of the pack people, and finally the Vice-Asshole and Asshole.
Unless you’re playing the first card of the hand, any card played must be equal to or greater than the card played prior to it. If an equal card is played, then the next person in line’s turn is skipped this round. Aces are the highest non-special card, and 3s are the lowest (2 is a special card).
The hand ends whenever a full rotation of turns is complete, ending with the person who put down the last card. Following the end of a hand, the Asshole clears the pile, and whoever placed the final card on the previous hand begins this one.
When a new hand begins, if the person beginning the hand has a pair, triples, or quadruples of a card, they have the option of playing them all at once, and for the duration of this hand, only that specific pairing of cards can be played.
2s are “special” in that a single 2 card clears the entire pile, and whoever dropped it begins the next hand. A single 2 can even clear a round of doubles, triples, or quadruples, but they can’t be played out of turn.
Positions are deciphered based on the order that players were able to play all their cards. First to finish is President next game, second is vice president, second-to-last is Vice-Asshole, and last is Asshole. Anyone in between will be a Normal Player, with no specific special rules.
Special Position Rules:
- Before each game, the President can request two cards of their choosing from the Asshole, in exchange for any two cards they decide to give them
- Start the game off with the first turn
- Can force any player to drink at any time for any reason
- Can order the peasants to refill your drink when needed
- Before each game, the Vice-President request any card from the Vice-Asshole in exchange for a card of their choice
- Goes second following the President
- Can make anyone other than the President drink at any time
- Turn is decided by the finishing order from the previous game
- Can force each other and the Assholes to drink
- Gives the Vice President a card of their choosing before each game
- Turn is second to last
- Can force the Asshole to drink
- Gives the President two cards of their choosing before each game
- Goes last in turn
- Must refill anyone’s drink that needs one
- Must deal the cards & clear the piles when a hand is over
Drink whenever the following happens:
- When you pass
- When you get skipped
- when a 2 is played
- Whenever someone ranking above you tells you to drink
- Whenever the President calls a “Board Meeting” everyone waterfalls
When you begin a game of Asshole, you’re not allowed to leave, or really do virtually anything else of your choosing, unless you’re President. If a player is so dominant that they are President multiple games in a row, they can introduce rules of their choosing.
Dangers of playing Asshole the drinking game
It is always important to take care when dealing with alcohol. Asshole the drinking game is certainly one of the most entertaining drinking games. We hope you enjoy Asshole.
⭐️ Our rating for Asshole Drinking Game:
Asshole Drinking Game will definitely spice up your next party. Based on how complex, how easy it is to play and how drunk you will get, we give it 4.8 out of 5 stars. We hope you enjoy Asshole Drinking Game as much as we do!
Post updated: November 10, 2018 - by PsyCat Games