We have collected the 70 best relationship questions for you and your significant other to put your relationship on the next level. With these great conversation starters, you and your girlfriend or boyfriend get the chance to dive into meaningful talks. Check them out and deepen your relationship while sharing your memories, hopes, and dreams!✍️ May 20, 2022
- ✅ Tips For Good Conversations
- 😎 Good Relationship Questions
- 🤯 Deep Relationship Questions To Ask Your Partner
- 😂 Fun Relationship Questions
- 🤩 Serious Relationship Questions
- 🙃 Important Relationship Questions
- 👩🦰 Relationship Questions To Ask A Guy
- 👱♂️ Relationship Questions To Ask A Girl
In every relationship, communication is the key! You and your significant other should be able to share your past, present, and future with each other.
Your conversation should be filled with your dreams and plans as well as your fears and sad memories. Talking is everything. However, sometimes it is difficult to find the right words.
We have collected the 70 best relationship questions for you and your partner to dive into a conversation. Some of these conversation starters are deep and meaningful, some of them serious and important, and some of them just for fun. Enjoy!
Tips for good conversations in relationships
- Be honest: Always be honest with your partner while talking. There is nothing worse than being lied to by your girlfriend and boyfriend.
- Listen: The best conversation contains carefully listening.
- Show respect: While talking you should always respect your partner’s thoughts, dreams, experiences as well as his fears, regrets, and nightmares. Respect is everything in a good relationship.
👉 For more tips on how to start a great conversation and keep it going, here you can find more Conversation Starters!
Good Relationship Questions
If you want to improve your relationship with deep and meaningful talks, you need to come up with the right conversation topics. The following 10 questions for couples are perfect for a great conversation with your partner.
With those questions, you get the chance to put your relationship on the next level. So, grab your partner and start talking!
1. What’s the earliest memory you have of me?
While asking this question you and your significant other get the chance to talk about your first dates. Additional question: What is your favorite memory with me?
2. What would be a perfect romantic vacation for you?
Everybody loves traveling. And what’s better than talking about your dreams of a romantic vacation with your partner?
3. What do you want to achieve in your life?
This good relationship question is perfect to start talking about your future with your beloved one. It’s important to get to know your partner’s plans, dreams, and wishes.
4. What is the best advice anyone ever gave to you?
With this question, you can learn more about your partner’s past. By asking this question you can dive into a deep conversation about past experiences.
5. What do you love most about me?
This question is a tricky one: Is your partner more in love with your looks than your thoughts?
6. How did your last relationship end?
It is always good to know how your partner’s former relationships ended. With this question, you can find out what they consider as relationship deal breakers.
7. How did you grow up?
This question is to chat about your childhood experiences with your partner. It can be amazing to share stories about your families and childhood friends.
8. Have you ever been in love before me?
Another tricky question about your partner’s past. This question can lead to a deep and meaningful conversation about love and maybe one special previous relationship.
9. What is one thing you can’t stand in a relationship?
This general question about relationships can save you from making mistakes. Just remember the answer!
10. What’s the story behind your first kiss?
To be honest, most first kisses are awkward and weird. But in a relationship, you and your partner should be open with each other and able to talk about previous romantic experiences.
Deep Relationship Questions To Ask Your Partner
The following 10 relationship questions to ask your partner are ideal for deep conversation. Those conversation starters are perfect to dive into meaningful discussions with your significant other. Check them out and start talking with your girlfriend or boyfriend!
1. What was the worst day of your life so far and why?
Yes, this is a tough one. But in a relationship, you should be there for each other in good and in bad times. We guarantee, sharing your worst experiences with each other will bring you closer together.
🤓 Suggested read: 100+ Fun Relationship Questions for Couples
2. Do you believe in God?
There are many different religions in this world. Some take their beliefs very seriously, some less, and some don’t believe at all. So, ask this question and get to know your partner’s opinion.
3. Who is the most important person in your life?
Apart from you, of course. Maybe the most important person for him/her is someone from his/her family? Or is it one of his/her friends? Ask the question and find out.
4. What is your opinion of the supernatural?
Opinions differ here. Some people believe in ghosts, haunted houses, and witches, and then again there are people who only trust science.
5. Do you want to get married? If yes when?
For most people, getting married is considered one of the ultimate relationship goals. You definitely should discuss this topic with your partner to see if you’re on the same page.
6. If you could change one thing about me, what would it be?
Another tough question. We doubt that there is even a correct answer here. If your partner is very uncomfortable with this question, you might be better off skipping it.
📖 Suggested read: 70 Fun Questions to Ask Your Friends
7. When was the last time you cried and why?
Maybe it was because of some terrible news, or an injury, or just because of a sad movie. Just ask the question and be ready to hear a sad story.
8. How would you describe a perfect day?
We’d all like to see our partners happy all the time, right? Then come one step closer to making your favorite person happy and check out his or her dreams of a perfect day.
9. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Yes, we are looking for a “thing”, not a person. If your partner says “you”, it doesn’t count.
10. If you could see the future, what would you want to see 5 years from now?
This question is perfect to get to know your partner’s dream for the future. Talking about future dreams is always a great way to dive into a deep conversation. And who knows, maybe your boyfriend or girlfriend dreams about you?
Fun Relationship Questions
Do you and your partner love to make each other laugh? Then the next 10 fun relationship questions are perfect for you. As you share your funniest and most embarrassing stories, fantasies, and thoughts with each other, you will laugh your ass off! Check them out!
1. What was your weirdest dream about me?
It doesn’t matter if it was a normal dream or a daydream, sometimes crazy thoughts appear. And who knows, maybe you starred in the craziest dream ever?
2. What’s the best joke you know?
Clear the stage! Get ready to hear the best joke your partner has in store. Tip: If it’s a racist or sexist joke, run.
3. What’s your craziest sexual fantasy?
Uh, it’s getting hot now. If it is a really weird fantasy, try not to judge your partner.
4. What’s your favorite drink?
After you’ve shared your favorite drinks, you could also prepare and drink them right away. If you are lazy, you can of course just visit the next bar…
5. What was the funniest moment of your life so far?
Let’s go and ask this question to be part of the funniest moment of your partner’s life. Maybe you shouldn’t laugh too hard if he/she has embarrassed himself/herself.
6. What was your first impression of me?
In reality, first impressions are very often hilarious. Maybe your boyfriend initially thought you were a total bitch? Or maybe your girlfriend thought you were a mindless show-off? Share your thoughts!
📖 Suggested read: 20 Questions: Conversation Starter Game | Gameplay
7. Who is the funniest person you know?
Maybe you are? If you don’t know the person, ask for the funniest story!
8. What is the funniest thing that ever happened on one of your dates?
During the date, the moment was probably unspeakably embarrassing, but that’s how the best stories come about, right?
9. What’s your most embarrassing sex story?
Everyone has at least one embarrassing bed story and you don’t have to be ashamed. Dare to share your most embarrassing sex story with your partner and start to laugh!
10. If I were an animal, what would I be?
There are many great animals out there. But I hope he/she doesn’t say that you would be a skunk. Or a cockroach.
Serious Relationship Questions
With the next 10 serious questions, you and your partner get the chance to put your relationship on a whole new level. The following questions are all about your thoughts on the past, present, and future. Take a look at them and enjoy some great talks with your significant other!
1. What do you think about love?
Everyone has a different opinion about love. Some believe in one great love, while others would like to have various, shorter relationships. Ask this question and dive into a serious discussion about love.
🤓 Suggested read: ❤️ 6 Great Conversation Starters for Dating
2. What do you value most in our relationship?
Respect whatever your partner answers to this serious question, and maybe add your answer to this question as well. It will make you both happy!
3. What do you think, is it ever okay to cheat on someone?
This question can save you from unpleasant surprises in the future.
4. What’s your opinion on the current political situation in our country?
Yes, this is a tough one. But in serious relationships, it is important to also exchange views on political opinions. It’s definitely never too early for this conversation.
5. What’s the worst thing that ever happened in one of your past relationships?
We all carry baggage from previous relationships with us. No matter what your partner will tell you, try to show understanding. But don’t rush your partner for an answer if he/she doesn’t want to answer that question.
6. Where do you want to live in your future?
This serious relationship question is important if you’re thinking of taking the next step. Start talking and make sure you’re on the same page!
7. If we ever have children, which of us would stay at home?
Even if you are not thinking about your own children right now, it is never too early to talk about such things.
8. When was the last time you were jealous?
Jealousy is a terrible feeling. While no one wants to be jealous, we all will at some point in our relationship. Tip: If your partner admits that he/she is often jealous, you should try to help them feel more secure in the relationship.
9. What goals do you have for our future?
Have you finally found the one person you want to spend the rest of your life with? Perfect! Then ask him or her this serious question to get to know if you’re on the same page.
10. Is there a question you’ve never asked me but always wanted to?
If yes, now is the time to ask this question.
Important Relationship Questions
There are some topics that should definitely be discussed in a relationship. We have collected the 10 most important relationship questions you should ask your partner right away. Check them out and dive into an important talk with your partner!
1. How important is family to you?
Is there anything more important than family? In our opinion not, but well, everyone has their own experiences with the topic of family. But watch out, this question could mean that from now on you will be part of every family gathering.
👉 Suggested read: Speed Dating Questions: Tips, Advice & Icebreakers
2. Have you ever cheated on someone?
If so, be sure to let your partner finish the full story. Who knows, maybe there were good reasons for his/her behavior?
3. What would be your plans if we had financial problems?
Nobody can know what the future will bring. And unfortunately, financial hardship can hit anyone. It’s best to forge an emergency plan with your partner now.
4. What could improve our relationship?
There is a lot of work and compromise behind any successful relationship.
5. How would you tell me if you weren’t happy in our relationship anymore?
Even in the best of relationships, doubts sometimes arise. And the only thing that helps is to discuss your thoughts with your partner. Communication is the key.
6. What would you define as cheating?
While flirting is cheating for some, it’s even okay for others to make out with another person. At the beginning of any relationship, you should clarify what the word “cheating” means for you.
7. Do you want to have kids?
Even if you don’t want to have children yourself, you should discuss this topic with your partner. It is really important to share your thoughts and plans for kids with your partner.
🤓 Suggested read: 250+ Questions to ask a guy: Get to know him
8. What do you think about my family?
Even if you often get upset about your affectionate parents or annoying siblings, no one else is allowed to say something against them. Of course not, it’s your family. But in a successful relationship, your partner becomes part of your family, so you should also accept his/her opinion about your loved ones too.
9. What do you think about polygamy?
There are numerous couples out there who define their relationship as a polyamorous one. You should definitely discuss this important relationship topic with your boyfriend or girlfriend.
10. In your opinion, what is your worst habit?
Everyone has bad habits. But have you seen your partner’s worst yet?
Relationship Questions To Ask A Guy
Here we have collected the best 10 relationship question to ask a guy. Those intimate questions are made for you to ask your boyfriend. Check out these 10 great conversation starters to deepen the relationship between you and your special man!
1. If you think about your past love interests, do you have a special type? If yes, do I fit into it?
Everybody has its type. But are you even his type? But don’t be sad if you don’t match in the categories of his past type. People change!
2. How would you feel if I made more money than you?
Even though we live in the 21st century, some men still feel intimidated by successful women. You should make this clear at the beginning of a relationship.
3. Do you believe that love can last a lifetime?
Eternal love is usually the happy ending of fairy tales and romantic films. But is there true love in real life? And have you ever found true love yet?
4. What about our relationship makes you really happy?
The answer to this relationship question to ask a guy is sure to surprise you. And hopefully, it will make you happy too!
5. What do you think how would you be as a grandfather?
This question to ask your boyfriend is for dreamers. How will you two be as grandparents? Share your thoughts and dreams about the future!
6. What is your opinion on feminism?
Yes, there are actually still men in this world who believe that women belong in the kitchen. Better make sure you haven’t caught any of these men.
7. What is your happiest childhood memory?
Talking about happy childhood memories is always a great way to get to know each other on a deeper level. If he can’t think of anything quickly, maybe give him more input: He could start thinking about past birthdays, vacations, holidays, or his childhood friends.
🤓 Suggested read: ❤️ 24+ Good First Date Ideas To Impress Your Crush
8. What do you think is more important: Money or happiness?
Is he more of a materialistic man or an idealistic man? And does he think that money can buy you happiness? Also, share your opinion with your partner!
9. What do you think about votes elections?
The right to vote is a privilege our ancestors fought for. And in many other countries, this struggle is not over yet. For this reason, everyone should vote in elections. Make sure that your partner always votes too.
10. Why do you love me?
This last relationship question to ask your boyfriend is a tough one. Here you should give your chosen man some time to think about it. But after he gives you all the reasons why he wants to spend the rest of your life with you, you are sure to feel over the moon. Enjoy it!
Relationship Questions To Ask A Girl
The following 10 relationship questions are perfect for you if you want to start a deep conversation with your girlfriend. These conversation starters are ideal to deepen your relationship.
1. What is your dream job?
It is always nice to talk about dreams with a loved one. With this question, you can share your thoughts, plans, and desires with each other. Try asking this question to your girlfriend and see what happens!
📖 Suggested read: Best Hypothetical Questions to Ask
2. Who was your first crush? And what happened to him?
Sometimes it can be painful to talk about past love affairs with your partner, but it is definitely liberating. In addition, the first crush was probably decades ago and wasn’t particularly serious anyway. So, let your girlfriend talk about her first love experiences, and please don’t laugh!
3. If you could be a man for a day, what would you do?
We bet it would be something dirty. After your answer, she is guaranteed to ask you what you would do if you were a girl for one day. Be prepared!
4. What do you remember about the first time we met?
The first impression is always something very special. Ask your girlfriend this question and find out what they thought when she first saw you!
5. What’s your favorite smell?
Is there anything better than pleasant smells? Find out which smell your girlfriend likes best and who knows, maybe you happen to find a perfume that smells like it? When you wear it, she definitely can’t keep her hands off you.
6. Who is your best friend and what do you like about that person?
A true friendship cannot be outweighed by money. Some people have numerous friends, some only a few but very good friends. However, it says a lot about a girl how she treats her friends.
7. What do you like to do on rainy days?
In our opinion, rainy days are ideal to spend in bed. But maybe your girlfriend prefers to have hot cocoa and listen to the rain, or she might prefer to watch a good movie, or she might go outside and dance in the rain. Ask this relationship question and find it out!
8. What do you think about wedding rings?
While wedding rings have a high symbolic value for many people, for others they are the relic of a bygone era. Ask this question to your girlfriend to see what she thinks about wedding rings. Beware, this question can lead to a conversation about the future, marriage, and children. So only ask this question when you are ready.
9. Do you compare yourself to other girls? Why do you say so?
Comparing yourself to others is not healthy, but unfortunately, we all do it at some point. This question gives you the opportunity to improve your girlfriend’s self-esteem.
10. If you get the chance to change one thing about yourself, what would you pick?
We all have the little flaws that we’d like to fix. In most cases, these are things that other people do not even notice. So, ask your girlfriend this question to find out what she would like to change about herself.
If you’re looking for advice on strengthening your relationships, check out these books. They offer tips on everything from communication to conflict resolution and can help you build a stronger, more lasting bond with your partner!
- 1. Love: The Psychology of Attraction: A Practical Guide to Successful Dating and a Happy Relationship
- 2. Single, Dating, Engaged, Married: Navigating Life and Love in the Modern Age
- 3. The Power of Four Bases for Relationships: Can You Hit a Home Run in a Relationship?
- 4. Couple’s Bucket List: 101 Fun, Engaging Dating Ideas
- 5. Helping Gay Men Find Love: Tips for Guys on Dating and Beginning a Healthy Relationship