Compliments For Women
Paying a compliment to a woman might sound simple, but a lot of people can get this wrong.Conversation Starters
Compliments are a perfect example of real-world applications on the effect and power of words. Whether it’s for someone you just met or old friends, knowing how to compliment women is never a bad thing.
Here is a guide how to compliment a woman:
Assume The Position
How you look and carry yourself when you compliment someone is as important as the words that come out of your mouth. Remember that to be truly believable, you must seem confident and trustworthy.
For example, it is hard to take someone seriously if they are looking at their feet while they are complimenting you. Make sure you are ready for the occasion, but not to the point that you might sound rehearsed or disingenuous.
Be conscious of your body language, be relaxed, breathe normal, and deliver your compliment in a natural manner. Take note that your body subconsciously conveys how genuine you are.
Of course, this can go the other way and you might be too relaxed and might sound too obnoxious. Read what the situation calls for and act accordingly. Your approach says a lot about you and people could raise their guards because you were too hot coming in.
For example, if it’s an old friend, then what’s the point of being nervous? On the other hand, if it’s someone you just met, then it is best to tread lightly.
Always put yourself in the other person’s shoes. Think of how you would personally react if you were on the receiving end of the compliment.
Consider your tone, your intensity, your strategy before you deliver your compliment. As a compliment can make someone’s day, it too could also turn it into a regrettable day for them.
Should you speak loudly? Should you surprise them? Should you compliment them on their clothes, their weight, their complexion? These are some of the things you should consider before complimenting someone.
Most people welcome compliments and would normally turn their day around into a happy one. But a badly-executed compliment can ruin one’s mood too, so be considerate and always think of other people first.
Exude Confidence, Believe In Your Own Words
Assuming that you have taken all the necessary considerations, it is now time to pay that compliment. You will only be convincing if you believe in what you are saying.
Be straightforward, and do not beat around the bush. Say what you mean in the most civil, polite manner.
Here are some well-composed examples that women will appreciate:
- The way you dress just speaks positivity.
- Your patience and passion for helping kids make you a really good teacher.
- Those shoes are great. You wear them so well.
- You are exceptional at your job. There is no question why you got promoted.
- I admire you. You are very inspirational in the way you manage to stay positive every day.
- You’re a next-level baker. You bake one-of-a-kind, scrumptious brownies.
A well placed, properly composed, and thoughtful compliment can go a long way for an old or blossoming friendship. Make someone’s day and make it a habit to express how you can truly appreciate the people around you, may they be strangers, new friends, or old friends.
Now that you’ve had a crash course on complimenting women, there are a lot of ways you can go about it.
Who doesn’t love funny people? Opening up with a funny line to start the conversation is certainly always welcome. Paying women a funny compliment can warm their hearts and add a laugh or a smile to their day.
Here are some quick examples of funny and witty compliments to get you started.
- I think the most challenging part of being your friend is pretending to like all of my other friends the way I like you.
- Can’t decide on what my favorite color is, it’s always what you have on.
- You know what’s just great? Ice cream, Oh, and you of course.
- The only thing that can top being your friend is being friends with a sparkly, speaking unicorn.
- I could lay here with you forever. Or until we decide to move somewhere else.
Serious Compliments for Your Partner
These are compliments for those special moments when you truly want to make someone feel appreciated and special. These are the cornerstones of warm and cherished moments with loved ones.
Often given in intimate situations, compliments of this heft should be heartfelt and genuine. Do not be afraid to bear your heart out, it transforms compliments into declarations of affection.
Here are a few examples of serious compliments to give when the occasion calls for it:
- You make me want to be at my best because you deserve nothing but the best.
- With you, I have truly learned what it means to be a man.
- I can’t believe how lucky I am that I found someone like you.
- I love how you take care of me, now let me take care of you.
- There is nothing like waking up next to you.
- Thinking about you makes me smile even when I’m alone.
- I’m always counting down the seconds until I see you again.
- You have shown me that I’m capable and deserve to have a loving relationship.
- You are truly one in a million. A gem in my eyes.
- There is nothing I can not face as long as you’re by my side.
People often say the weirdest things. It could be their personality, being unprepared, or just plain nervousness. Whatever the case, people will always surprise you with the things they can say.
Not being thoughtful about what you say can sometimes come out weird. Now, this could turn into something funny or it could be offensive. It totally depends on the receiver of the compliment.
You better pray, that if you ever blurt out something weird to someone, that someone has a good sense of humor about it. Otherwise, it’s a surefire way to end the conversation and make things awkward.
Here are some examples of compliments gone terribly wrong:
- Your knees look perfect for child-bearing
First, why the knees? Not the entire leg or how she walks? Secondly, talking about how perfect they look to produce children is never something women want to hear. It just sounds inappropriate and creepy at the same time.
- Your eyes look deadly, in a good way
An example of badly chosen words. This could have meant she has striking or icy eyes. Either word would have been a better alternative to deadly. Then following it up with the phrase in a good way does not really make things better, you are just subconsciously admitting that you had a poor choice of words.
- I love your hair, your nose, lips, the way you move, how you change my life, how you come into my dreams, and so on…
Give each compliment some time to breathe. Don’t smother people with a barrage of compliments hoping one will stick. It just sounds needy and unreal.
Example of Bad Compliments
There is such a thing as “believing too much in yourself.” Pure bravado and confidence alone will not work when delivering compliments. You should also know specifically what to say and what not to say. What is proper and what is downright impolite or worse, creepy.
Examples of bad compliments
Just don’t use compliments like that. Your chance of success to accomplish something positive is very low. - That shirt you’re wearing looks so tight on you. - Your lasagna is good, but not as good as the lasagna (insert name of another friend here) cooks. - Those shoes probably cost you a lot. - Those jeans just make your ass look amazing. - Your plus-sized dress looks amazing on you.
Complimenting a woman can be an attention-grabbing conversation starter for someone you just met.
As for the existing women in your life, giving them compliments is one way to appreciate and make them feel special. Compliments can be a way to acknowledge the day-to-day struggles and triumphs the women in your life face. They could mean praises to the hard work they’ve had to do to reach their goals, status in life, position at work, and other tasks achieved.
You don’t need to have a reason to compliment a woman. It is simply an act that could make the world a better place. It is just nice to give or receive compliments.
Every woman deserves a genuine compliment every now and then. You never know how much your simple act of kindness could mean to someone. It could be the one thing they need to hear to help them get through the day.
✍️ October 30, 2020