What should I do?
You don’t know what you should do today? It’s always fun to do something new. But we often fall into the trap of spending our weekends the same way.
If you’re stuck in the same old routine, it might be time to try something new.
What should I do today?
No ideas? If you have a hard time deciding, take this quiz or scroll down for a list of things to try.
Everything listed here is something you can comfortably do no matter where you live, and even on a small budget! Try out one of these 30 new things today. You’ll be happy you did.
Try out these 30 new things to do today
- Go for a walk or bicycle ride around your neighborhood.
- Put on your favorite song and dance! You might be surprised at how much fun you have!
- Be a tourist in your own city and visit all the popular tourist sites you’ve likely never been to. Don’t forget your camera!
- Learn ten phrases in a new language–what about Japanese, Italian, or Spanish?
- Volunteer with your local nature conservation society to plant some trees. Conservation societies are always looking for helping hands.
- Have a picnic in your local park, complete with a packed lunch.
- Check out some local community events and attend one.
- Start a daily journal to write your thoughts in.
- Research the culture of a different country online. For example, about China, Guatemala, or Austria?
- Organize a clothing swap with your friends. You’ll have a great time and save some cash and the environment all at the same time!
- Make a personalized card for a friend and send it to them with a handwritten note.
- Attend a play at your local theater. Support your local theater and have a fun night out at the same time.
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to recently and have a good long chat.
- Make a birthday present for a friend. Handmade gifts are personal and much more special than anything you could buy from a store.
- Plan a day trip to somewhere outside your city–it might be the seaside, mountains or another city!
- Plant some flowers in your garden. If you don’t have one, try an indoor potted plant.
- Try a new cuisine–what about French, Lebanese or Korean?
- Learn how to cook a new dish for dinner. We all get tired of eating the same thing, why not try making something new?
- Watch a classic movie!
- Visit a local museum or art gallery and view their latest exhibition.
- Visit a suburb in your city that you’ve never been to before, or somewhere you haven’t explored much.
- Say hello to a neighbor you don’t usually talk to.
- Try out a new form of exercises like Pilates, tennis or swimming.
- Make a photo album of a recent holiday you took. Don’t let your memories get lost on your computer hard drive. Make an album of your trip.
- Invite some friends over for a BBQ. There’s nothing better than an afternoon spent with good friends and good food.
- Visit your local farmers’ markets and pick out some fresh produce.
- Visit your local library and borrow some books for the weekend.
- Re-read an old favorite book. Don’t leave it gathering dust on your bookshelf.
- Learn a new skill. Have you ever tried sewing, gardening, or cooking? You’ll be surprised what you can learn in one afternoon.
- Listen to a genre of music you haven’t tried before. Perhaps Jazz, Punk, or Blues?
Do you get enough new ideas? Or are you still unsure what to do?
Take the quiz now!🤓 More Quizzes