Take your TV series fandom to the next level by showing off how much you know about your favorite TV shows, the characters, the story, and pretty much everything else!Party & Drinking Games 👇
- 😃 How to Play TV Trivia
- 📱 Play Trivia Online
- 🥳 Classic TV Trivia Questions
- 📺 70s TV Trivia
- 😍 80s TV Trivia
- 🎥 90s TV Trivia
- 🎵 Bonus: TV Theme Song Trivia
The world of television series has always been a fascinating place to get lost in. We’ve seen most of the world through the screen of our TVs back home. We cried and laughed over tons of shows. It’s time to test your knowledge on everything there is to know about your favorite TV shows of all time!
With this TV Trivia game for families, you can be the number one fan and you can also improve on your general knowledge! Enjoy your new favorite game!
How to Play TV Trivia
Playing the TV Trivia is quite simple. All you need to do is prepare lots of television show categories and questions for each category then you will have to take turns asking yourselves the questions. You can even turn it into a competitive trivia night wherein each correct answer corresponds to a point the teams will compete to see which team gets the highest score and wins.
Play Trivia Online
Are you excited to play Trivia games? You don’t have to wait until your next game night or party to play! You can actually play it anytime, anywhere when you feel like it.
The Original Trivia game is almost the same as the TV Trivia but this time, the questions will test the general knowledge of the players. Categories can range from current events, science, entertainment, and more!
👉 Follow this link to know more about the fast-paced game of knowledge and have some awesome and competitive fun on your next online game night: The Original Trivia Game Online!
If you’re looking for a Trivia app, just follow one of the following links. With our web app or app for your smartphone, you have everything you need to get the game of questions started!
Join Trivia Live
Classic TV Trivia Questions
The classic TV shows are simply the best no matter how many years pass by. Nothing could ever replace everybody’s classic favorites. How much do you know about them?
1. Which of the following did Barney Stinson write in How I Met Your Mother?
- Entries in his diary
- A book
- A blog
From time to time, Barney will mention all about his blog to the television and studio audience.
2. Who did Rachel Green end up with in Friends?
- Chandler Bing
- Ross Geller
- Joey Tribbiani
Ross is the wisest yet goofy and lovable among the group.
3. Who is the head of The Simpsons family?
- Bart Simpson
- Marge Simpson
- Homer Simpson
- Lisa Simpson
Homer is the hardworking head of the Simpsons family!
4. What was the name of Carrie’s love interest in the famous TV series Sex and the City?
- Mr. Big
- Jerry Smith
- Aidan Shaw
- Steve Brady
Carrie’s The One from the very beginning!
5. What was the name of Lorelai’s daughter in Gilmore Girls?
No one could ever match the bond between Lorelai and Rory!
👉 Here you can find 35+ Movie Trivia Questions!
70s TV Trivia
The 70’s was the era of Laverne & Shirley, Charlie’s Angels, and Battlestar Galactica. Challenge how far back you can remember about the famous shows of the 1970’s with these 70s TV trivia questions:
1. What was the name of Darrin and Samantha’s daughter from “Bewitched”?
She has her mom’s superpowers.
2. Which 1970s TV show family had eight kids?
- The Bundy Family
- The Brady Bunch
- The Bradfords
- The Partridge Family
David, Mary, Joanie, Susan, Nancy, Elizabeth, Tommy, and Nicholas make up eight Bradford children on the hit show ‘Eight is Enough’.
3. In what year did “Little House on the Prairie” first air?
This Monday night NBC lineup went on to have nine seasons.
4. What was the name of the pink squirrel on “The Magic Garden”?
Sherlock lived on a tree above the Chuckle Patch.
5. Who replaced Jill Monroe when the actress for her character opted to leave Charlie’s Angels?
Kris Monroe replaced her sister Jill in the show.
6. What was Jim Rockford’s car?
- Pontiac Fiero
- Pontiac Firebird
- Chevy Camaro
- Ford Mustang
This Firebird only had minor damages despite the numerous car chases in the show.
7. Complete the famous tagline in a famous 70’s Morning TV show: “There’s no need to fear, _______ is here.”
- Captain America
This canine superhero would mostly be seen saving his girlfriend, Polly Purebred, after she sings a damsel-in-distress song.
8. Superman, Aquaman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Marvin, Wendy, and Wonder Dog were all members of which superhero gang?
- Super Friends
- Justice League
- Marvel Heroes
- Teen Titans
Before Justice League, Super Friends were the ones who saved the day!
9. In Battlestar Galactica, what were the twelve human colonies’ names based on?
- the months of the year
- the days of the week
- the zodiac
- the first twelve numbers
Only eight were famous and used in the show namely Aeries, Caprica, Gemoni, Picon, Sagitaria, Scorpion, Tauron, and Virgon.
10. What was the name of the cartoon show based on Planet of the Apes?
- Ape Planet
- Return to the Planet of the Apes
- Apes Attack
- Return of the Apes
Return to the Planet of the Apes
It ran for one season and was not renewed.
👉 Are you looking for the ideal family Trivia game? Check out these 40+ Animal Trivia Questions!
80s TV Trivia
The TV shows Full House, the original 21 Jumpstreet, Baywatch and The Simpsons made it to the 1980’s hall of fame. Check out these 80s TV trivia multiple-choice questions:
1. What was Roscoe’s dog’s name on the Dukes of Hazzard?
Every fan of the show knows who this doggo is!
2. Which advertisement was Micheal Jackson doing when he was nearly killed?
- Dr. Pepper
While on the shoot for a Pepsi campaign, Michael’s face and hair caught fire!
3. In which city did the trio live in On Three’s Company?
- Santa Clarita
- Santa Monica
- Santa Rita
- Santa Maria
They lived together in Santa Monica.
4. Which famous talk show host made an appearance on Laverne & Shirley?
- Ellen DeGeneres
- Oprah Winfrey
- Jay Leno
- Maury Povich
After doing stand-up comedy for years, Jay made it as The Tonight Show’s host!
5. What was Reverend Jim’s real family name on the show TAXI?
Everyone thought it was Ignatowski since he changed it, believing it was Starchild spelled backward.
6. In which show will you hear the line, “My dad was a big kid, a big RICH KID”?
- Richie Rich
- Silver Spoons
- Network 23
This show went on to have five seasons!
7. In 1980’s TV, what does ALF stand for?
- Alien Life Form
- Animal Liberation Front
- Assisted Living Facility
- American Liver Foundation
Alien Life Form
The show is about an ALF who arrived on Earth from Plant Memac.
8. Who was the famous TV painter in the 1980’s?
- Bob Ross
- Bill Alexander
- Jasper Johns
- Anthony Hopkins
His TV show The Joy of Painting with all the classic episodes made him a household name.
9. What was the name of BJ’s wife on M*A*S*H?
Peg Hunnicutt was the wife of MASH surgeon BJ Hunnicutt.
10. What was Jesse’s real first name in the hit TV show Full House?
Uncle Jesse was teased because his name was Hermes so he asked for it to be changed to Jesse.
👉 In need of more iconic games? Here are all of our party games!
90s TV Trivia
Let’s walk down memory lane with the TV shows that made up the 1990’s prime time! Test how much you know with these TV trivia questions:
1. Who was the future Baywatch babe who replaced Jenny McCarthy on MTV’s Singled Out?
- Carmen Electra
- Kelly Packard
- Nancy Valen
- Erika Eleniak
Tara Leigh Patrick was Carmen’s real name.
2. Which character of the drama series Beverly Hills 90210 checked out of rehab to go get heroin?
Luke Perry starred in the show as Dylan Mckay and then later starred as Fred Andrews in Riverdale.
3. Where was the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air born and raised?
- West Philadelphia
- New York
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air of the 90s sitcom was raised in West Philadelphia.
4. Which TV show has a setting in the village of Royston Vasey?
- The League of Gentlemen
- Full House
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Clarissa Explains it All
The League of Gentlemen
The British comedy sitcom that went on air in 1999.
5. What was the name of the school where Saved By The Bell was set?
- East High
- Bayside High
- Riverside High
- West High
This school was the setting of the hit 1990’s show Saved By the Bell.
6. Who was the teenager murdered in Twin Peaks?
- Lily Palmer
- Lizzy Palmer
- Laura Palmer
- Linda Palmer
The whole show was centered around the murder of Laura Palmer.
7. In which year did the hit TV show Friends first went on air?
One of the most classic sitcoms ever! The show still holds the hearts of its fans decades later!
8. “Beverly Hills 90210”, 90210 refers to what?
- ZIP Code
- Tori Spelling’s clothing allowance
- Brandon’s house number
- Mr. Walsh’s annual income
90210 is actually the zip code of Beverly Hills.
9. What popular sitcom featured Monica, Rachel, Joey, and Ross?
- How I Met Your Mother
- Big Bang Theory
- Dawson’s Creek
Friends first aired in 1994 featuring a group of friends in New York City.
10. Who is the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?
- Jaden Smith
- Will Smith
- George Clooney
- Brad Pitt
Famous actor Will Smith was then a rapper who scored his first TV show.
👉 If you’re looking for Music Questions, follow the link!
Bonus Questions: TV Theme Song Trivia
TV Show theme songs can really take you back through time when the shows were still aired on television and bring back some nostalgic feeling:
1. What is the title of the theme song of How I Met Your Mother?
- Hey Soul Sister
- Hey Beautiful
- Hey Mother
- Hey Girl
This iconic theme song by The Solids will truly make you sing along!
2. What is the title of the theme song of Friends?
- Hey Beautiful
- I’ll Be
- I’ll Be There For You
- I Can Go To Distance
I’ll Be There For You
This song was sung by the American rock duo The Rembrandts.
3. Which of the following TV shows has a theme song named after the show?
- Full House
- Dawson’s Creek
- How I Met Your Mother
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
This song was sung and rapped by Will Smith himself.
4. What is the theme song of Veronica Mars?
- We Used to be Friends
- I’ll Be There For You
- Power of Friendship
- Friends Forever
We Used To Be Friends
The song is all about the changes that happen when we grow up.
5. What is the intro theme song of The Andy Griffith Show?
- The Fishin’ Hole
- The Lovin’ Hole
- The Fishin’ Pole
- The Rollin’ Pole
The Fishin’ Hole
This intro was by Earle Hagen, Herbert Spencer, and Everett Sloane.
Wanna get more from where that came from? Follow this link and have some fun The Original Trivia Game Online!
✍️ November 23, 2021