Trivia Questions for Kids
Kids love to learn new stuff and show off how much they know. Let them explore this world by challenging their little brains with these trivia questions that will surely pique their interest and discover the fun in learning!✍️ November 10, 2023
- 📱 Play Trivia Online
- 😎 How to Play Trivia for Kids
- 😂 Fun Trivia Questions for Kids
- 😝 Easy Trivia Questions for Kids
- 🤗 Kindergarten Trivia Questions for Kids
- 🐷 Animal Trivia Questions for Kids
- 😇 Bible Trivia Questions for Kids
- 🚴♀️ Sports Trivia Questions for Kids
- 🎄 Christmas Trivia Questions for Kids
A game night doesn’t mean it has to only include adult players. There are fun and educational games for the kids too! And what’s better than a good trivia game to challenge your children’s knowledge?
Hosting an epic Trivia game night is a fantastic opportunity to teach your kids new things while having fun. Check out our questions!
Play Trivia Online
Excited to play Trivia games? You don’t have to wait until your next game night or party to play! You can actually play it anytime, anywhere, whenever you feel like it.
The Original Trivia game is the same as the Geography Trivia, but this time, the questions will test the general knowledge of the players. Categories can range from current events to science, entertainment, and more!
You can also download our awesome Trivia Apps for your iOS and Android devices:
How to Play Trivia for Kids
Getting started with Trivia is straightforward. To begin with, prepare a list of interesting questions and get your family members together. You can either assign someone as the host or take turns asking the questions.
The game follows a simple format — the question is asked, and each player has a chance to answer before moving on to the next one. Players earn points for correct answers and at the end of the game, whoever has the most points wins!
But wait, there’s a twist! To make things more interesting, you can also add levels of difficulty to your trivia game. For younger kids, start with easy questions and gradually increase the difficulty level for older players.
Of course, the most important factor is to have fun! Keep things light, encourage players to take guesses, and don’t be afraid to get silly with your answers. After all, it’s not about who wins or loses, but the quality time spent together as a family.
Fun Trivia Questions for Kids
Trivia is a fantastic way to bond with your kids while also providing a fun learning experience. If you’re stuck on what questions to ask, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
From science and history to animals and geography, we have a wide range of trivia questions that will keep your kids engaged and entertained. So, get ready to challenge your kids with these exciting questions and watch as they gain new knowledge!
1. Who was the first woman on earth according to Greek Mythology?
She had a box containing all evil.
2. What is the name of Peppa’s younger brother?
- Thomas Edison
- Justin Bieber
He has a toy dinosaur that he carries everywhere.
3. What is Harry Potter’s address?
- Number 1, Privet Drive
- Number 2, Privet Drive
- Number 3, Privet Drive
- Number 4, Privet Drive
Number 4, Privet Drive
During his childhood and teenage years, Harry Potter lived together with the Dursleys.
4. What animals are Tom and Jerry?
- Cat and dog
- Dog and baby dog
- Baby goats
- Cat and mouse
Cat and mouse
They are everyone’s favorite frenemies.
5. What do you call a shape with eight sides?
Octa means eight!
6. What is the tallest animal in the world?
Giraffes are known for their long necks and towering height.
7. Which planet is known as the “Red Planet”?
Mars is often called the “Red Planet” due to its reddish appearance.
8. What is the largest mammal on Earth?
- Blue whale
The blue whale is not only the largest mammal but also the largest animal on Earth.
9. Who wrote the famous play “Romeo and Juliet”?
- Charles Dickens
- William Shakespeare
- Mark Twain
- Jane Austen
“Romeo and Juliet” is one of Shakespeare’s most famous works.
10. What is the capital city of France?
Paris is the capital city of France.
Easy Trivia Questions for Kids
Want to start with some easy questions to get your younger players interested? Playing at an appropriate difficulty level is key to keeping your kids engaged and motivated.
So, here are a few easy trivia questions to get you started!
1. How many zeroes are there in a billion?
A billion has nine zeroes.
2. How many legs does a spider have?
Spiders are part of the arachnid family and have eight legs.
3. How many seconds should you wash your hands?
In order to remove germs, wash your hands in at least twenty seconds.
4. Who is the villain in Sleeping Beauty?
- Peter Pan
- Mickey Mouse
Maleficent was the witch who put a sleeping curse on Aurora.
5. Which month has 28 days?
Of course, all months have 28 days!
6. What is the largest planet in our solar system?
Until 2006 the smallest planet was Pluto. Now it is considered a dwarf planet.
7. What color is a stop sign?
Stop signs are universally recognized by their red color.
8. How many continents are there on Earth?
There are seven continents on Earth.
9. What is the capital of the United States?
- New York City
- Washington, D.C.
- Los Angeles
The capital of the United States is Washington, D.C.
10. What do you call a baby dog?
A baby dog is called a puppy.
11. What color are bananas when they are ripe and ready to eat?
Bananas turn yellow when they are ripe and ready to be enjoyed.
12. What is the largest bird in the world?
The ostrich holds the title of the largest bird on Earth.
13. How many fingers do most humans have on one hand?
Most humans have five fingers on one hand.
14. What do bees produce?
Bees are known for producing honey.
15. Which planet is known as the “Morning Star” or the “Evening Star” and is often visible from Earth?
Venus is often called the “Morning Star” when it’s visible in the morning and the “Evening Star” when it’s visible in the evening.
Kindergarten Trivia Questions for Kids
Playing Trivia with even the youngest members of your family can be educational and fun! You can adapt the questions to fit their knowledge level and make it a fun learning experience.
Not only will they be learning new things, but they’ll also be developing important skills like critical thinking and problem-solving. Plus, as a bonus, you get to spend quality time with your little ones!
1. How many letters are in the alphabet?
There are 26 letters in the English alphabet.
2. What is the original form of a butterfly?
Caterpillar moves into their cocoon and then this type of animal turns into butterflies once they mature.
3. How many days are in a year?
There are 365 days in a calendar year.
4. What is the first day of the week?
The day we all hate!
5. How many dwarves did Snow White have?
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves!
6. What continent is the USA on?
- North Pole
- North America
- South America
The United States is in North America. By the way, the capital city of the country is Washington.
7. What color is the sun?
The sun appears yellow in the sky.
8. What is the opposite of “big”?
The opposite of “big” is “small.”
9. How many legs does a dog typically have?
Most dogs have 4 legs.
10. What do you call a young cow?
A young cow is called a calf.
11. What is the name of the fairy in Peter Pan?
- Tinker Bell
- Fairy Godmother
Tinker Bell is the fairy in the story of Peter Pan.
12. What is the name of the planet we live on?
We live on the planet Earth.
13. What is the color of the leaves on most trees in the summer?
In summer, the leaves on most trees are green.
14. What is the name of the big, round object that shines in the night sky?
The moon is the big, round object that shines in the night sky.
15. What do we call the glowing objects in the night sky that are very far away from Earth?
Stars are the glowing objects in the night sky that are very far away from Earth.
Animal Trivia Questions for Kids
Kids love animals, and what better way to engage them than with some fun animal trivia? From farm animals to exotic creatures, there’s so much to learn about the amazing creatures that share our planet.
So get ready for some roars, chirps, and meows as you challenge your kids with these animal trivia questions!
1. What do you call a male bee?
- Patrick Star
Now we know where drone cameras got their names from.
2. What do you call a group of giraffes hovering together?
A group of giraffes is called a herd.
3. What is the smallest dog breed?
- German shepherd
This dog breed is the smallest in the world. The smallest Chihuahua in history was only 3,8 inches (9,6 cm) tall.
4. What is the fastest animal in the world?
- Gummy Worms
Cheetahs are the fastest land animal and can run 70 miles per hour. The tallest animal is the Giraffe.
5. What do you call the only mammal that can fly?
Bats are mammals!
6. Where do most of the ice bears live?
The (half) aquatic animal lives in the Arctic.
7. What is the largest land animal on Earth?
Elephants are the largest land animals on Earth.
8. Which bird is known for its beautiful tail feathers and courtship dance?
Peacocks are known for their stunning tail feathers and elaborate courtship displays.
9. What animal is known for its black and white stripes and lives in Africa?
Zebras are easily recognizable by their black and white stripes and are native to Africa.
10. What is the largest species of shark in the world?
- Hammerhead Shark
- Great White Shark
- Whale Shark
- Tiger Shark
The whale shark is the largest species of shark and the largest fish in the world.
11. Which animal is known for its ability to change color to blend with its surroundings?
Chameleons are famous for their color-changing abilities.
12. What is the largest species of penguin in the world?
- Emperor Penguin
- Adélie Penguin
- King Penguin
- Little Blue Penguin
The emperor penguin is the largest species of penguin.
13. What animal is known as the “king of the jungle”?
Lions are often referred to as the “king of the jungle.”
14. Which bird is known for its long, curved beak and is often associated with tropical climates?
- Bald Eagle
Flamingos are known for their distinctive long, curved beaks and are often found in tropical climates.
15. What is the largest species of turtle in the world?
- Sea Turtle
- Snapping Turtle
- Box Turtle
The sea turtle is the largest species of turtle in the world.
👉 Dive into the fascinating world of animals with our trivia questions. Challenge your friends and family today!
Bible Trivia Questions for Kids
For religious families, Bible trivia can be a great way to teach and reinforce important lessons. From well-known stories to lesser-known facts, there’s so much to discover in the Bible.
So gather your family and test your knowledge of this holy book with these fun Bible trivia questions! Who knows, you might learn something new about your faith while having a good time.
1. Who is the mother of Jesus?
The Blessed Virgin Mary is the mother of Jesus Christ.
2. Where was Jesus born?
- Jordan River
Jesus was born on a manger in Bethlehem.
3. How did Jesus die?
- He was crucified
- He drowned
- He fell
- He had a cardiac arrest
He was crucified
Pontius Pilate ordered the crucifixion of Jesus.
4. What do you call the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit?
- Three Gods
It’s called trinity.
5. Who was the husband of Mary, Mother of God?
St. Joseph was the husband of Mary who did not judge her when she got pregnant with the Holy Spirit.
6. What is the first book of the New Testament in the Bible?
The first book of the New Testament is the Gospel of Matthew.
7. Who is known as the “Father of Faith” in the Bible?
Abraham is often referred to as the “Father of Faith” in the Bible.
8. What is the last book of the New Testament in the Bible?
The last book of the New Testament is the Book of Revelation.
9. How many disciples did Jesus have?
Jesus had 12 disciples who followed him during his ministry.
10. What is the golden rule in the Bible?
- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- Love your family.
- Always be the first to give.
- None of the above.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
The golden rule is “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
11. Who is known for killing Goliath with a slingshot in the Bible?
David is known for killing Goliath with a slingshot in the Bible.
12. What is the first commandment in the Ten Commandments?
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall have no other gods before me.
- You shall not covet.
You shall have no other gods before me.
The first commandment is “You shall have no other gods before me.”
13. Who led the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt?
Moses led the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt.
14. What is the shortest verse in the Bible?
- “Love one another.”
- “God is love.”
- “Jesus wept.”
- “Honor your father and mother.”
The shortest verse in the Bible is “Jesus wept.”
15. What famous event in the Bible is often depicted as a boat filled with animals?
- The Exodus
- The Last Supper
- The Resurrection
- Noah’s Ark
Noah’s Ark is the famous event often depicted as a boat filled with animals in the Bible.
👉 Explore the ultimate collection of Bible Trivia questions for all ages. Strengthen your spiritual wisdom now!
Sports Trivia Questions for Kids
Playing sports is not only a fun pastime, but it’s also an excellent way to stay active and healthy. But how much do your kids know about their favorite sports and athletes?
Challenge them with these exciting sports trivia questions, and you might just inspire them to try out a new sport or learn more about their favorite teams and players! So, let the games begin!
1. How many players play per team in a game of basketball?
In each play, only five players should enter the court from each team.
2. What do you call the official who watches the game to enforce its rules?
The umpire gets to decide on the penalties and enforcement of game rules.
3. What do you call the ball in a badminton match?
- Soccer ball
- Golf ball
Badminton “balls” are called “shuttlecock”.
4. Which sport uses gloves?
- Track and field
Boxers use foamed gloves in playing the game so as to weaken the impact on their opponents.
5. Where was the first baseball game played?
- New York
- New Jersey
- Rhode Island
- Governors Island
The first baseball game was played in June 1846 in New Jersey.
6. How many players are there on a soccer team, including the goalkeeper?
A soccer team typically consists of 11 players, including the goalkeeper.
7. In which sport do players try to knock down pins with a heavy ball?
In bowling, players aim to knock down pins with a heavy ball.
8. What is the object that golfers aim to hit into the hole?
- Golf ball
- Soccer ball
Golfers aim to hit a golf ball into the hole in as few strokes as possible.
9. Which sport involves riding on waves using a board?
Surfers ride on waves using a surfboard.
10. What is the main objective in the game of tennis?
- Score touchdowns
- Sink baskets
- Score goals
- Win points
The main objective in tennis is to win points by getting the ball past your opponent.
11. What sport is known as “The Sport of Kings”?
Polo is often referred to as “The Sport of Kings.”
12. How many rings are there in the Olympic symbol?
The Olympic symbol consists of 5 interlocking rings representing the continents of the world.
13. In which sport do you hit a birdie over the net?
- Table Tennis
In badminton, players hit a birdie (shuttlecock) over the net.
14. What is the name of the stick used to hit the puck in ice hockey?
In ice hockey, players use a stick to hit the puck.
15. Which sport involves jumping into a pool from a diving board?
- Figure Skating
In diving, athletes jump into a pool from a diving board, performing acrobatic maneuvers.
Christmas Trivia Questions for Kids
Christmas is a time for family, fun, and festivities. And what could be more festive than some Christmas trivia? From Santa Claus to holiday traditions from around the world, there’s so much to learn and enjoy during this magical season.
So gather your loved ones, pour some eggnog, and get ready for some jolly good fun with these Christmas trivia questions! Ho ho ho!
1. What do you call the songs sung during the Christmas season?
Christmas carols are very popular during the jolliest season of the year.
2. What should you leave for Santa during Christmas eve?
- Candies and Cheese
- Coffee and bread
- Milk and cookies
- Cake and juice
Milk and cookies
Just leave this on your kitchen table or anywhere near the Christmas tree where Santa will notice it.
3. What is the name of the red-nosed reindeer?
Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer had a very shiny nose… or so the song goes.
4. How many turtle doves were given during the twelve days of Christmas?
Two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree.
5. Who is the bearded man who gives gifts to good kids on Christmas?
- St. Nicholas
- St. John
- Mother Teresa
St. Nicholas or better known as Santa Claus is the famous Christmas guy!
6. What is the main decoration on a Christmas tree?
Christmas trees are adorned with various ornaments.
7. In the song “Jingle Bells,” what kind of sleigh is mentioned?
- Open sleigh
- Wooden sleigh
- Snowy sleigh
- Fast sleigh
“Jingle Bells” mentions an open sleigh.
8. What is the date of Christmas?
- December 25th
- December 24th
- December 26th
- December 31st
Christmas is celebrated on December 25th.
9. What do people hang above the fireplace for Santa to fill with gifts?
People hang stockings above the fireplace for Santa to fill with gifts.
10. What plant is often associated with Christmas and used for decoration?
Mistletoe is commonly associated with Christmas and is used for decoration and kissing traditions.
11. What is the traditional color of Santa Claus’s suit?
Santa Claus is typically seen wearing a red suit.
12. What is the name of the Grinch’s dog in the story “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”?
The Grinch’s dog in the story is named Max.
13. What sweet treat is often made during the Christmas season and shaped like a cane?
- Chocolate bars
- Candy canes
- Gummy bears
Candy canes are a popular sweet treat during Christmas.
14. What is the name of the magical kingdom in the story “The Nutcracker”?
- The Land of Sweets
The Land of Sweets
In “The Nutcracker,” the magical kingdom is called “The Land of Sweets.”
15. What is the traditional Christmas meal in many English-speaking countries?
- Roast turkey with stuffing
Roast turkey with stuffing
Roast turkey with stuffing is a traditional Christmas meal in many English-speaking countries.