This or That Questions
The 200+ best & funniest This or That questions for any party or social gathering! Try our popular list with crazy questions and get the conversation going!Party & Drinking Games 👇
- 😊 This or That Game Rules
- 🧐 How to Play This or That Game
- 📱 Play This or That Online
- 👧 This or That Questions for Kids
- 🤩 This or That Questions for Teens
- 💏 This or That Questions for Couples
- 🤯 Deep This or That Questions
- 😂 Funny This or That Questions
- 💦 Dirty This or That Questions (18+)
- 😜 This or That Quiz
This or That Game Rules
This or That is an easy question and answer game where players need to choose between two options. This fun game is a great way to learn more about your friends and their favorite things! The common reactions that you will hear during This or That are “OMG! Me too!” or “Really? Are you sure?” You’ll be surprised to see what you may or may not have in common with your friends!
👉 If you want to step up your questions, check out our Ultimate list of Would You Rather questions!
- Players are given two options to choose from. They pick which option they prefer more.
- The questions could be based on various topics that range from food to movies to cartoon characters or whatever else you can think of!
- No one earns any points, but it’s still a fun and easy way to loosen up with friends.
- It’s perfect if you need a conversation starter activity for your party too!
How to Play This or That Game
This or That has many versions that you can play depending on what you’re in the mood for. You can use this questions game to get to know someone better or bring couples closer together.
There are so many categories and topics that you can use. To play This or That, you need at least two people, but it’s even better when played by small groups.
1. How to make it more challenging
If you want a more challenging This or That game, you can add a rule that the players who are making choices need to write their answers on a piece of paper. The player who asked the question will then have to guess which option the other player picked.
If the player’s guess is correct, he/she can request another question and guess again. The player keeps on playing and earning points until he/she makes the wrong guess.
2. How to start
You can start to play by letting the youngest player give the first This or That question to the player on their right. They answer the question and then the next player to the right asks the question and so on until everyone gets a turn.
Play This or That Online
You can also play the This or That game online. Just come up with your list of questions in advance, hop on a Zoom call with your friends and ask away!
A This or That icebreaker activity is perfect for setting the mood of your Zoom party. Always keep it light and fun so that everyone has a great time playing! Make it easier by using our apps!
This or That Questions for Kids
Kids know exactly what they want. Whether you ask them what their favorite food, animal, or cartoon character is, they can immediately say what they want without thinking twice! Below are fun and clean This or That Questions that are perfect for a kids’ party! Parents can play it with their kids too for some bonding time!
1. Cat or dog?
Both will make great best friends!
2. Rabbit or giraffe?
Which one do you want to pet?
3. Bunny or squirrel?
Which one is cuter?
4. Broccoli or green beans?
Eat your greens!
5. Become a fish or a bird?
You’ll get to see so much beauty with either one!
6. Panda or lion?
Both seem cute, but they’re wild animals so be careful!
7. Batman or Spiderman?
If you want cool toys, choose Batman.
8. Gummy worms or gummy bears?
I’ll take any kind of gummy!
9. Pirates or ninjas?
One finds treasures. The other has cool moves.
10. Anna or Elsa?
They’re both awesome! Girls get it done!
11. Get good grades or play more?
You should try to get good grades so you can play more!
12. Minions or the penguins from Madagascar?
Both are amazing!
13. Little Mermaid or Mulan?
Which Disney princess are you?
14. Hogwarts or Narnia?
Both are magical places that are great to visit!
15. Avengers or Justice League?
16. Apples or oranges?
It’s always good to eat fruits.
17. Amusement park or water park?
Does it matter? You should be happy you get to play all day!
18. Chicken nuggets or hotdogs?
Eating hotdog on a stick is way more fun!
19. Mobile phone or iPad?
Will your parents let you have either one?
20. Cake or pie?
Birthday cakes are the best!
21. Swimming lessons or piano lessons?
Swimming lessons = playtime
22. Cookies or cake?
Cookies are for snacks. Cakes are for parties!
23. Donuts or candy?
You can hide candy for later!
24. Reading books or watching movies?
Where did you discover Harry Potter?
25. Swimming pool or beach?
Playing in the water is the best!
26. Ice cream in a cone or dish?
You scream. I scream. Everyone wants ice cream!
27. Disney+ or Netflix?
Who else is Mickey Mouse’s number 1 fan?
28. Snowball fight or sledding?
Playing in the snow is fun!
29. Roller coasters or bumper cars?
Who doesn’t love bumper cars?
30. Live in a treehouse or on a castle?
Want to live like a princess?
31. Tik Tok or YouTube?
Peppa Pig is on YouTube.
32. Zombie outbreak or an alien invasion?
Do whatever it takes to survive!
33. Hot or cold drinks?
You’ll want something sweet!
34. Peanut butter or Nutella?
Chocolate makes everything better!
35. Nintendo Switch or PlayStation 5?
Animal Crossing is on Nintendo Switch!
36. Video Games or Board Games?
👉 Looking for more questions? Check out Would you Rather for Kids!
This or That Questions for Teens
It takes time to break the ice during a party. If you want a fun activity to get people to loosen up right from the start, try asking silly questions that will make you and your friends giggle or laugh out loud! Here are some This or That Questions for teens that are guaranteed to get a reaction from your friends!
36. Jeans or sweatpants?
The real question is do you want to look good or feel good?
37. College right after high school or gap year?
It’s your future. Choose wisely.
38. Introvert or extrovert?
There are different types of people. Let’s respect our differences.
39. Intelligent or funny?
The person that I would like to date!
40. Instagram or Facebook?
Insta all the way!
41. A day with your best friend or a party with everyone you know?
Every day is like a party when with your best friend!
42. Art festivals or music festivals?
We should celebrate the arts more through festivals!
43. Alcohol or weed?
Both are valid options…
44. Sandals or sneakers?
Both are comfy options that your feet will thank you for.
45. Bar of soap or shower gel?
There’s nothing like that fresh feeling after taking a shower!
46. Black or white clothes?
Clothes are clothes.
47. Katy Perry or Taylor Swift?
I’m here for women supporting women!
48. Sun kissed golden goddess or snow-white ice princess?
Both are strong women!
49. Book or movie?
Both can take you to a different world!
50. Breakfast or dinner?
Breakfast for dinner is the best of both worlds!
51. Call or text?
There are no emojis when you call!
52. Pop or Indie?
Music connects us all.
🤓 Suggested read: Never Have I Ever Questions - The best & funniest list
53. Comedy or drama?
There’s a very thin line between comedy and drama.
54. Concerts or movies?
Count me in for movie dates!
55. Dark chocolate or white chocolate?
Chocolates! ‘Nuff said.
56. New phone or a new laptop?
I can’t live with a phone!
57. M&M’s or Skittles?
Colorful candy to brighten up your day!
58. Rich Friend or Loyal Friend?
A loyal friend will make you feel as if you won the lottery.
59. Doctor Who or the Walking Dead?
Will you survive a zombie apocalypse?
60. Meet Barack Obama or Donald Trump?
It would be an honor to meet a president that you respect!
61. Thailand or Italy for vacation?
Both should go on your bucket list!
62. Frozen yogurt or ice cream?
If you’re on a diet, frozen yogurt is a good choice.
63. Football or basketball?
You’ll have to do a lot of running with either sport!
64. Be the class clown or class nerd?
You never know you might be the next Mark Zuckerberg!
🤓 Suggested read: 🥳 160+ Never Have I Ever Questions For Your Party
65. Giving a gift or receiving a gift?
It’s the thought that counts!
66. Glasses or contacts?
If it’s going to make you look smart, glasses are fine!
67. Liquid soap or bar soap?
As long as you feel clean!
68. Truth or Dare or Never Have I Ever?
Get ready to squirm in your seat for some tough questions!
69. Google or Bing?
Can you Google which one is better?
70. Hard or soft shell tacos?
Some say tacos are the perfect meals.
👉 Looking for more questions? Check out Would you Rather for Teens!
This or That Questions for Couples
Even if you are part of a couple, it doesn’t always mean that you agree on everything. It will be very boring if that happens! Find out more about your couple friends or get to know your partner better with some of our This or That Questions for Couples! Whether you are flirting, preparing for a future together, or just finding out what you have in common, couples will find themselves chuckling with these questions!
71. Marriage or career?
Being in a happy marriage is a good way to live.
72. Cuddle in the morning or at night?
Cuddling makes you feel warm and cozy.
73. A partner who smokes or drinks?
You can drink together!
74. Live in the past or present?
We can only live in the present.
75. Living room or bedroom?
The real question is what’s your favorite place?
76. Modern or rustic?
For a wedding? I want rustic!
77. Sleep on the left or the right side of the bed?
Sleep on the side that’s closest to the bathroom!
78. Divorce or staying in a bad marriage for the kids?
This is a tough decision to make no matter what you choose.
79. Dress out for a night out with your partner or wear sweats and cuddle at home?
It’s fun to dress up every once in a while and get out of the house!
80. Couple’s trip to a beach or in a forest?
81. Alaska or Hawaii for your honeymoon?
They’re both gorgeous places!
82. Antique or new furniture?
Choose timeless furniture that you can live with for a long time.
83. Condominium or house?
Wouldn’t you want your spouse to say, home is wherever you are?
84. Be your partner’s boss or employee?
Try not to mix your professional and business lives.
85. Sweetheart or honey?
You can call each other whatever you like.
Looking for more questions? Check out Would you Rather for Couples!
86. Fast or slow?
I’ll tell you when to stop.
87. Bath or shower?
Feeling shiny and clean afterward is the best.
88. Spring or fall wedding?
A wedding is a beautiful affair!
89. Beach or mountains?
It’s good to escape city life sometimes!
90. Look alike or sound alike?
It’s cute when couples go matchy-matchy!
91. Hate each other’s friends or hate each other’s family?
Couples don’t just marry each other. They marry each other’s families too!
92. Share a toothbrush or share a pillow?
Sharing a toothbrush is a whole different can of worms.
93. Big or small wedding?
It should be what’s within your budget.
94. Big yard or small yard?
A big yard for a big family!
95. Blinds or curtains?
Curtains are more fun!
96. New year’s eve or Valentine’s day?
There’s something about welcoming new beginnings…
97. Netflix or cable?
Netflix and chill, baby.
98. Carpet or hardwood floors?
Hardwood floors seem so homey.
99. Convertible or minivan?
If you and your partner are ready to start a family, you know what you will get.
100. Chandelier or lamps?
Why do I remember Sia when I hear the word chandelier and Aladdin when I hear lamps?
101. Classic or modern?
A newlywed couple will have fun decorating their home with either theme.
102. Destination or beach wedding?
Can’t the beach be the destination?
103. Get a kiss goodbye in the morning or allow you to sleep without kissing you?
Don’t disturb my beauty sleep!
104. Get married but have no kids or single with kids?
Wouldn’t you want to have a partner in life first?
105. Couch or recliner?
Taking a nap on a soft couch is the best way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Deep This or That Questions
Become closer with your friends with these Deep This or That Questions. Grab this chance to get to know your friends on a deeper level. You’ll be surprised that you might not know them as well as you think or that you have different views in life!
It’s a great way to get to check on how your friends are doing too. If you’re playing with people that you’re not so close to, you will definitely become closer after sharing each other’s innermost thoughts!
106. Global warming or natural disasters?
If the world is going to end, wouldn’t you want it to be because of an uncontrollable natural disaster rather than something we could have prevented?
107. Work in the office or work at home?
Both have their pros and cons.
108. Play it safe or take risks?
Everything in life has risks?
109. Fancy car or fancy house?
Your house will become your home. Need I say more?
110. Bake a cake or buy a cake?
As long as there’s cake, it’s a good day already.
111. A successful career or happy family life?
Think about what’s important in life. We work to live.
112. Make lots of money or make a huge impact on the world?
Living a legacy for future generations is more important.
113. Marry and divorce or never marry at all?
It’s better to have loved and lost…
114. Travel the world or focus on your career?
Travel while you’re young!
👉 Suggested read: Funny Never Have I Ever Questions & Statements
115. Be a spouse who works or stays at home?
Be a spouse who works at home!
116. Friend zoned or ghosted?
Isn’t being friends better?
117. Be a genius or be wealthy?
If you’re a genius, you can make your wealth.
118. Live as a happy fool or tortured artist?
Who wouldn’t want to live a happy life?
119. Be a heartbreaker or the one that always gets your heart broken?
Falling in love can be painful sometimes.
120. Be a psychopath or sociopath?
Psychopaths tend to be manipulative and can be charming while sociopaths are erratic and unable to lead a normal life. Both are scary.
121. Born in the future or the past?
The future is so exciting!
122. Have a curvy or slim body?
All types of bodies are beautiful!
123. Have a cute or beautiful face?
Cute things make people feel happy.
👉 Suggested read: How to play "Never Have I Ever"
124. Fall in love and die or live an immortal life alone?
What is eternity if you can’t spend it with someone you love?
125. Be a jack of all trades or incredibly talented in one thing?
If you can be talented in anything at all, keep at it and share it with the world!
126. Live life as a slave or die?
While you’re alive, there’s still hope!
127. Be financially bankrupt or emotionally bankrupt?
At the end of the day, we want to be good people. We can earn money again even if we lose it.
128. Be idealistic or realistic?
The kind of person you aspire to be…
129. Love or sex?
Whatever you’re in the mood for…
130. Be invisible or able to read minds?
Remember that with great power comes great responsibility.
131. Adult mind in a child body or a child’s mind in an adult body?
Imagine what a child can do in an adult’s body!
132. Take the red pill or blue pill?
The truth is always better than the lie.
133. Be a hero or a villain?
It’s a good day to save people!
134. Live life as a paranoid millionaire or carefree average person?
Isn’t freedom still the best?
135. Join a gunfight or a knife fight?
Don’t bring a knife to a gunfight!
Funny This or That Questions
The most outrageous and sillies questions make the best funny This or That Questions. If you want to have a fun and relaxing time just laughing with your friends, think of the most absurd categories and questions that just thinking about it will make your friends giggle like crazy! Check out some of our funny This or That Questions to get you started!
136. Manicure or pedicure?
A pedicure is like a surprise!
137. Sing or dance for a talent show?
Isn’t dancing easier?
138. Look at every mirror you see or never look at a mirror?
139. Only eat spaghetti or pizza on a deserted island?
Just think spaghetti means long life!
🤓 Suggested read: The Best Drinking Games for Students, Adults & Teams
140. Take care of a pet rock or pet tarantula?
A pet rock won’t bite!
141. Have a third nipple or an extra toe?
More fun for you!
142. Attend Hogwarts or Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters?
Learning magic seems fun!
143. Be a chair or a table?
Would you want to be something that supports people?
144. Give up alcohol for a year or give up your cell phone for a month?
Alcoholic drinks are overrated!
145. Be a dragon or unicorn?
Everyone loves unicorns!
146. Fart in front of your crush or smell a fart from your crush?
One does not fart in front of one’s object of affection. I’d rather be the one to smell something!
147. Have bad breath or stinky feet?
You can’t kiss someone if you have bad breath!
148. Be a Russian oligarch or a Saudi oil tycoon?
As long as you’re rich, I guess?
🤓 Suggested read: 100+ Never Have I Ever Questions for Kids
149. Be a vampire or a werewolf?
Vampires are sexy!
150. Ability to fly or teleport?
Teleporting seems easier.
151. Ability to fly or turn invisible?
Imagine what you can discover when you’re invisible though remember that people who eavesdrop don’t always hear good things!
152. Underdressed or overdressed?
Clothes make the man or woman!
153. Be an ugly genius or a hot moron?
Who has the right to say if you’re ugly or hot?
154. Be at the mercy of Cersei Lannister or Ramsay Bolton?
I would rather jump from a castle wall!
155. Be chased by Godzilla or King Kong?
King Kong still looks cuter than Godzilla.
156. Constipated or have diarrhea?
I would rather not have either.
157. Eaten by a shark or a tiger?
It’s the circle of life!
158. Book smart or street smart?
You need street smarts to survive these days!
159. Live without the internet for a week or not take a bath for a month?
I’d rather be clean.
160. Be extremely smart or extremely lucky?
Some people say that you should make your own luck.
161. Stuck in traffic for 6 hours or ride a bike for 8 hours?
Even sitting around can be tiring.
162. Be friends with Donald Trump or Kim Kardashian?
At least Kim has decent fashion sense.
163. Shave your eyebrows or shave your head?
Everything but the hair!
164. M&Ms or Kit Kat?
Everybody wants candy!
165. Makeup or no makeup?
The goal is to have a no-makeup look!
Dirty This or That Questions
You don’t need to have clean and wholesome fun all the time. Sometimes, you want to get a little bit dirty. These dirty This or That questions are perfect for spicing up the mood at any party or gathering with your friends! Get ready if things get a little messy! You’ll find yourself laughing or screaming or both!
👉 Suggested read: Truth or Dare Questions
166. Boobs or butts?
Who’s heard this? I like big butts and I can not lie.
167. Hugs or kisses?
Hugging you makes my day. Kissing you makes my week!
168. Get covered in edible body paint or wear edible underwear?
Hope it’s tasty!
169. Licking or sucking?
170. Sex in the car or the hallway?
There’s more privacy in the car?
171. Sex on the first date or when you break up?
As long as you both agree, go nuts!
172. Sex or cuddling?
Who doesn’t love cuddling after sex?
173. Fool around with your crush or with your ex?
There might be hope for something better if you fool around with your crush?
174. Phone sex or dirty texts?
If you’re in a long-distance relationship, you’ll need these!
175. Dirty books or dirty movies?
Whatever floats your boat, hun.
176. Sexy striptease or dirty talk?
Are you the visual type?
🤓 Suggested read: Good “Never have I ever” Questions
177. Lingerie or fully naked?
There’s nothing wrong with a little mystery first.
178. Hook up with an older partner or younger partner?
Age is just a number!
179. Meet someone on Tinder or on a blind date?
You gotta put yourself out there!
180. Legs or neck?
The neck is always an erogenous zone.
181. Sex once a week or sex every day?
Do you have the energy?
182. Regret sleeping with someone or regret never trying?
Shoot your shot!
183. Leather or lace?
Hmm…what you choose says a lot. wink
184. Play with hot wax or ice cubes?
Why am I thinking of Ricky Martin?!
185. Get blindfolded or handcuffed?
It’s all about trusting your partner!
186. Give a lap dance or get one?
If you’ve got the moves, flaunt it!
187. Make out in an elevator or in an Uber?
There’s more privacy in an Uber at least!
188. Roleplay as doctor and patient or teacher?
Ways to spice things up in the bedroom!
189. Top or bottom?
Wherever the moment takes you!
190. Take a bubble bath or a steamy shower?
Things get steamier when it’s for two people!
This or That Quiz
Want to keep on playing? Here is a list of random This or That questions based on various categories to keep the conversation going!
- 191. Learn ballet or gymnastics?
- 192. Cheerleader or marching band member?
- 193. Be famous online or in real life?
- 194. Being too warm or too cold?
- 195. Beer or wine?
- 196. Stop using paper or stop using plastic?
- 197. Lipstick or lip gloss?
- 198. Money or free time?
- 199. Buy things online only or only buy things in stores?
- 200. Christmas or Halloween?
- 201. Switch bodies with your mom or dad?
- 202. Sugar or spice?
- 203. Cremation or burial?
- 204. Public education or home school?
- 205. Personal chef or personal trainer?
- 206. Watching movies or listening to music?
- 207. Work with an asshole or a liar?
- 208. Disney or Nickelodeon?
- 209. Bungee jump or skydive?
- 210. Take a vacation together or start a business together?
- 211. Piercings or tattoos?
- 212. Perfect teeth or perfect hair?
- 213. Have the ability to talk to animals or become an animal?
- 214. High heels or ballet flats?
- 215. Scrambled eggs or fried eggs?
- 216. Keds or Converse?
- 217. Straight hair or curly hair?
- 218. Staycation or glamping?
- 219. Breakfast or no breakfast?
- 220. Pilates or yoga?
- 221. Morning person or night owl?
- 222. Morning shower or evening shower?
- 223. Travel alone or travel with friends?
- 224. Get a good morning text or a good night text from the person that you’re dating?
- 225. Bagels or muffins?
Photo credit: MOOSE
✍️ January 18, 2022