The Best Texting Games
Looking for some fun games to play with your friends? Look no further! These 7 texting games are perfect for any virtual gathering!✍️ May 19, 2020
- 😊 1. Never Have I Ever
- 🧐 2. Would You Rather?
- 📱 3. Truth or Dare
- 👧 4. Kiss, Marry, Kill
- 🤩 5. 21 Questions Game
- 💏 6. Guess the Movie: Emoji Edition
- 😂 7. Complete the Sentence
1. Never have I ever - Texting Edition
The most popular game deserves to be at the top of our list. Never Have I Ever is one of the best question games where you always learn new things about your friends.
You can play the texting edition of this fun game either with one other person or in a group chat. But the group chat shouldn’t be too crowded, otherwise, you can lose track quickly.
How to play Never Have I Ever
The ground rules of the game are pretty easy. Someone starts off writing, “Never have I ever… “, and fills in a statement of something they’ve never done before. For example: “Never have I ever had a crush on someone from math class.” If your friends have done that before, they’ll reply with an answer to the statement followed by, “Never have I ever…” and a new statement.
- The Emoji Version 🙋♀️🙅♂️
This version is easier to follow, especially in group chats with more than 3 people. You can use emojis to show what you have or haven’t done in your life.
The agreement is that if you’ve ever done something, you respond with an emoji like this 🙋, and if not, then you reply with an emoji like this 🙅
Sarah writes: “Never have I ever been given a parking ticket”.
Marco answers: 🙋
Michael answers: 🙅
Fiona answers: 🙋
And without saying a word, you can tell that Marco and Fiona have been given a parking ticket, while Michael hasn’t.
With this version of the game, there are no losers or winners. Just have fun!
- The Countdown Version
The countdown version is for all of you who like to keep track of their points! The rules are pretty much the same, but in this one, you can win.
Every player has 10 lives. More specifically, this means that you can only use this emoji 🙋♀️ ten times. The goal is to eliminate all of your opponents as quickly as possible!
Best Never have I ever Questions
Finding good questions is the most difficult part of this fun texting game. Fortunately, we’re here to help you! Check out our list of questions and choose the ones that suit your friends best:
- Never have I ever… shouted loudly at someone out of anger.
- Never have I ever… peed in the shower.
- Never have I ever… stolen anything.
- Never have I ever…cried at work.
- Never have I ever… swam naked in a lake.
- Never have I ever… forgotten how old I am.
- Never have I ever… made out with more than one person in an evening.
- Never have I ever… had a bad haircut that I’m still ashamed of today.
- Never have I ever… sent a fan mail to a celebrity.
- Never have I ever… ghosted anyone.
- Never have I ever… yelled at a child.
- Never have I ever… talked to myself in front of the mirror.
- Never have I ever… told a person that I love them.
- Never have I ever… drooled in my sleep.
- Never have I ever… played mobile games.
- Never have I ever… talked to my parents about my sexuality.
- Never have I ever… told a joke that nobody but me found funny.
- Never have I ever… broken someone’s heart.
- Never have I ever… apologized to my pet crying.
- Never have I ever… made bad choices.
- Never have I ever… totally embarrassed myself in public.
👉 Are you looking for more? Here you can find 160+ Never have I ever questions
2. Would You Rather? - Texting Edition
Would You Rather is an easy but entertaining game where you can learn a lot about each other. It’s an awesome texting game to get to know each other on a deeper level!
While playing this game, you and your friends can learn each other preferences or dislikes. This game should also be played by at least two people and not in a big group chat.
How to play “Would you rather” as a texting game?
The rules of Would You Rather are pretty simple. It starts when one of you asks a question that begins with “Would you rather…, like “Would you rather eat a spoon of cinnamon or drink a bottle of pepper spray?”
Then, your friends have to answer the question. They have to pick one of the two options. They aren’t allowed to pick both and also can’t make up their own answer!
20 Would you rather Questions
Here is a list of funny and exciting Would you rather questions that you can ask your friends.
- Would you rather party every weekend or chill every weekend for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather live with 5 annoying flatmates forever or live alone forever?
- Would you rather never use toilet paper again or never wash your hands again?
- Would you rather do without coffee or alcoholic beverages forever?
- Would you rather be born again in the future or in the past?
- Would you rather live in China or Russia for the next 10 years?
- Would you rather own a self-driving car or a smart home?
- Would you rather kill an innocent person or five people who have committed minor crimes?
- Would you rather be unable to open doors (whether locked or open) for the rest of your life, or unable to close doors?
- Would you rather be tired forever, no matter how much you sleep, or be hungry forever, no matter how much you eat?
- Would you rather publish your search history or your account balance?
- Would you rather go back to your ex or stay alone forever?
- Would you rather want to know when you die or when the person you love dies?
- Would you rather have the ability to stop time or travel in time?
- Would you rather be bitten by a snake or tarantula?
- Would you rather always forget what you wanted to do every time it rains or always forget who you are every time you enter a room?
- Would you rather change jobs every year or always have the same job for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather fly to the moon or to Mars?
- Would you rather catch your parents having sex or being caught by your parents having sex?
- Would you rather have three arms or three legs?
- Would you rather meet Barack Obama or Joe Biden?
👉 You can find more questions here: Would you rather?
3. Truth or Dare - Texting Edition
Truth or dare is the ideal game to find out interesting things about your friends. You can play this classic game with one other person, but it’s even more fun playing in group chats.
The rules are pretty simple, so you’ll have no trouble getting started! Every player gets a turn to ask another player truth or dare. The other player has to answer the question or do whatever you say.
How to play Truth or Dare
If you want to play “Truth or Dare”, all you have to do is open the group chat and start asking your friends directly if they pick “Truth or Dare”. Depending on what they chose, they must either perform a challenging task or answer a question with the truth.
Best Truth Questions for Truth or Dare
Are you looking for fun questions for Truth or Dare? Our list contains the best and most daring Truth Questions:
- Who is your secret crush?
- Which three words describe you the best?
- Who have you been most in love with so far?
- What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
- What was your favorite TV-Show as a kid?
- What would you do with 500.000 Dollars?
- What drugs have you tried?
- If you were invisible, what would you do first?
- What would you like to try, but are afraid to do?
- What is your biggest quirk?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing in your room?
- What is something that you know for a fact, but don’t want anyone to find out about?
- Have you ever kissed someone of the same sex?
- Who is your best friend?
- What is your biggest secret?
Best Dares for Truth or Dare
We all know that dares are the best part of Truth or Dare! And good dares are really awkward most of the time! If you need some inspiration for daring dares, just look below:
- Text your crush a flirty message and send us a screenshot for proof.
- Take an ugly selfie and send it to me.
- Change your WhatsApp status for 24 hours to “I have terrible flatulence.”
- Tell someone from class something you secretly think about them.
- Write a message to your mom or dad that you are pregnant and send me a screenshot of it.
- Send us the last photo you took.
- Record yourself singing Justin Bieber’s ‘Baby’ and upload it to TikTok.
- Send us a screenshot of the last three messages you sent.
- Send us the first picture in your gallery.
- Write a poem about one of your teachers.
- Go to your local police station and ask them if you can have a selfie with them for proof.
- Change your profile picture on Facebook to a meme for one day.
- Upload a video to Instagram saying that I like to walk around the house with nothing on.
- Take a picture of yourself snuggling with your pet dog (or cat) and send it to me.
- Send your crush a sexy photo of you.
👉 If you run out of ideas, follow this link to find out everything about Truth or Dare!
4. Kiss, Marry, Kill - Texting Edition
Kiss, Marry, Kill is another awesome texting game for you and your friends. In this fun word game, you and your friends get to decide who you want to kiss, marry, or kill. The whole game is of course purely hypothetical.
How to play Kiss Marry Kill as a texting game
One of you starts by typing three names of known or famous people in the chat.
For example: Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande
Everyone else in the group must decide who they would kiss, marry, or kill.
Name ideas for Kiss, Marry, Kill
Finding good name ideas for this is definitely the hardest part of the game. It always takes way too long to find good suggestions! We’ve got some great ideas for names that are perfect for every game of Kiss Marry Kill:
- Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Cruise
- Rihanna, Beyoncé, Cardi B
- Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Adam Driver
- Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Wladimir Putin
- Britney Spears, Madonna, Amy Schumer
- Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Billie Eilish
- Johnny Depp, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro
- Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez
- Mark Wahlberg, Tom Hardy, Ryan Gosling
- Lady Gaga, Jared Leto, Eva Mendes
- Steve Carell, Will Ferrell, Zach Galifianakis
5. 21 Questions
The 21 question game is a perfect game to get to know your friends better. You can play the game in a group or in pairs.
How to play 21 Questions?
As the title of the game suggests, you ask each other questions. Normally you would ask exactly 21 questions to each person. In a larger group, however, that would be too lengthy. Therefore, depending on how many people are playing, we recommend that the questions be divided between the players. For example, if three people play, each player would get 7 questions.
The goal of this simple game is to have great conversations and interesting discussions with your friends. So, you can’t give a correct answer or wrong answers.
Questions for the 21 Questions Game
Here is a series of questions you can ask your friends. The personal questions are perfect for deepening friendships and avoiding trivial small talk.
- If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?
- What’s the worst lie you’ve ever told someone?
- What three words would you use to describe me?
- If you found a wallet with 500 dollars in cash on the street, would you keep it?
- How old were you when you first masturbated?
- Do you believe in God or a higher power?
- What is a strange habit of yours?
- What experience has changed your life the most?
- What are three things you like about yourself?
- Do you believe in the saying “opposites attract”?
- How do you want to be remembered after your death?
- Which film or song best describes your life?
- What is a total turn-off for you?
- What would you prefer? Win a million dollars or find true love?
- What would you like to change in your life?
- From what conflicts have you learned the most?
- Have you ever cried at a party?
- What’s the worst joke you’ve ever heard?
- What was your favorite game when you were a kid?
- What is the most useless talent you have?
- Who’s the messiest person you know?
- When was the last time you binge-watched a series and which series was it?
- Which trend is getting on your nerves?
- What is your personal cure for hiccups?
- From where do you get your news?
- What is the most annoying sound there is?
- When was the last time you thought “I told you so”?
- Which fashion trend do you think is ugly?
- What does a perfect weekend look like for you?
- How do you waste your time?
👉 You can find more questions here: 21 questions - the introductory game
6. Guess the Movie - Emoji Edition 🎥🍿
Have you ever tried using emojis to describe movies? Never? Well, then today is a good day for a tiny adventure! This game is perfect for long car or plane rides.
How to Play “Guess the Movie” Emoji Edition
All you have to do is to think of a movie or TV show, describe it with emojis, and the other person has to guess the name. If you aren’t into television, you could also play with other categories, for example, songs, famous people or meals.
For example: 🧔🐻🍻 = Ted
Guess the Movie Ideas
Don’t worry if you feel like your ideas are not so creative. We’ve collected the best ideas for your Guess the Movie game:
- 🦁 👑 = Lion King
- 👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗 = 27 Dresses
- 🤠 👨🚀 📚 = Toy Story - 👰 👰 👰 👰 ⚰️ = Four Weddings and a Funeral - 👉👌 🌆 = Sex and the City
- 👧🏻 🔁 👩🏻 = Freaky Friday
- 🔪 👩🏻 🚿 = Psycho
- 🍴 🙏 ❤️ = Eat Pray Love
- 😈 👗 👠 = The Devil Wears Prada
- 🏃 👰 = Runaway Bride
8. Complete the Sentence
The game “Complete the sentence” is self-explanatory. One of you writes an incomplete sentence in the chat, and the other completes it. With our version of this challenging game, you can find out how well you and your friends know each other!
20 sentences that will test your friendship
- My favorite food is ______.
- The name of my first love is ______.
- For me, the most important thing in life is ______.
- My biggest wish is ______.
- I am afraid of ______.
- If I won the lottery, I would ______.
- One of my favorite movies is ______.
- One of my favorite bands is ______.
- I like cats ______ as dogs.
- I ______ playing a drinking game.
- My perfect partner is ______.
- I would like to travel to ______.
- ______ is on my bucket list.
- My favorite leisure activity is ______.
- I hate ______ the most.
- I have never ______.
- My dream job is ______.
- I have ______ siblings.
- My birthday is ______.
- A tick from me is ______.
- ______ makes me laugh.
- ______ was my favorite childhood game.
👉 If you’re in a relationship, you should definitely have a look at our list of WhatsApp games for couples: WhatsApp Games for Couples!