The Best Texting Games
The year 2020 will be remembered by all of us for a long time. COVID-19, pandemic, social distancing are words that have great potential to become Word of the Year 2020. For this occasion, we have compiled a list of the best WhatsApp games to play with your friends.Party & Drinking Games 👇
Never have I ever - Texting Edition
The most popular game deserves to be at the top of our list. “Never have I ever” is one of the best question games where you always learn new things about your friends. You can play the game “Never have I ever” in pairs or in a group. The group should not be too big, otherwise you can lose track quickly. The texting version of “Never have I ever” is the most fun with 2 to 4 players.
How to play “Never have I ever” as a texting game?
We will introduce you to two options how you can play “Never have I ever” as a texting game.
The Emoji Version 🙋♀️🙅♂️
One of you starts by texting a “Never have I ever” statement to your friends.
For example: “Never have I ever been given a parking ticket”.
All players must then announce in the chat whether they can agree to the statement or not. In our example, all persons would have to announce whether they have already been given a ticket or not.
If you have already received a ticket, i.e., If you cannot agree to the statement, send this emoji to the chat: 🙋♀️
If you have never received a ticket, i.e., you can agree to the statement, send this emoji to the chat: 🙅♂️
With this version of the game, there are no losers or winners. Just have fun!
The Countdown Version
The countdown version is basically played the same way as the emoji version. The only difference is that you can lose this time. Everyone has 10 lives. More specifically, this means that you can only use this emoji 🙋♀️ten times before you are eliminated. The first one, who has used up all ten of the “I have” emojis is the loser.
“Never have I ever” Questions
We have put together a list of the 20 best “Never have I ever” questions that will provide enough topics of conversation.
- Never have I ever… shouted loudly at someone out of anger.
- Never have I ever… peed in the shower.
- Never have I ever… caught someone having sex.
- Never have I ever… stolen anything.
- Never have I ever…cried at work.
- Never have I ever… swam naked in a lake.
- Never have I ever… forgotten how old I am.
- Never have I ever… made out with more than one person in an evening.
- Never have I ever… had a bad haircut that I’m still ashamed of today.
- Never have I ever… sent a fan mail to a celebrity.
- Never have I ever… ghosted anyone.
- Never have I ever… yelled at a child.
- Never have I ever… talked to myself in front of the mirror.
- Never have I ever… told a person that I love them.
- Never have I ever… drooled in my sleep.
- Never have I ever… talked to my parents about my sexuality.
- Never have I ever… told a joke that nobody but me found funny.
- Never have I ever… broken someone’s heart.
- Never have I ever… apologized to my pet crying.
- Never have I ever… totally embarrassed myself in public.
More funny and dirty “Never have I ever” questions can be found here: 👉 800+ Never have I ever - questions
Would you rather? - Texting Edition
The question game “Would you rather” is easy to play and at the same time extremely entertaining. The texting version of “Would you rather” is no different from the regular version.
How to play “Would you rather” as a texting game?
As I said before, the rules of the game for “Would you rather” are the same as always. One of you writes a “Would you rather” question in the chat.
For example: Would you rather do without social media or all search engines for the rest of your life?
Everyone else in the group answers which option they would choose.
20 “Would you rather” Questions
Here you will find a list of funny and exciting “Would you rather” questions that you can ask your friends.
- Would you rather party every weekend or chill every weekend for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather live with 5 annoying flatmates forever or live alone forever?
- Would you rather never use toilet paper again or never wash your hands again?
- Would you rather do without coffee or alcoholic beverages forever?
- Would you rather be born again in the future or in the past?
- Would you rather live in China or Russia for the next 10 years?
- Would you rather own a self-driving car or a smart home?
- Would you rather kill an innocent person or five people who have committed minor crimes?
- Would you rather be unable to open doors (whether locked or open) for the rest of your life, or unable to close doors?
- Would you rather be tired forever, no matter how much you sleep or be hungry forever, no matter how much you eat?
- Would you rather publish your search history or your account balance?
- Would you rather go back to your ex or stay alone forever?
- Would you rather want to know when you die or when the person you love dies?
- Would you rather have the ability to stop time or travel in time?
- Would you rather be bitten by a snake or tarantula?
- Would you rather always forget what you wanted to do every time it rains or always forget who you are every time you enter a room?
- Would you rather change jobs every year or always have the same job for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather fly to the moon or to Mars?
- Would you rather catch your parents having sex or being caught by your parents having sex?
- Would you rather have three arms or three legs?
You can find more questions here: 👉 Would you rather?
If you are looking for dirty questions, visit our list with over 200 kinky questions: 👉 Dirty Would You Rather Questions
Truth or Dare - Texting Edition
With a few adaptions, you can also play the classic Truth or Dare as a texting game.
How to play Truth or Dare as a texting game?
First of all, each of you writes a list with 10 questions and 10 tasks each, which you number from 1 to 20. Your friend chooses a number between 1 and 20. You then look for the question or task that matches the number and write it to your partner. When he/she has answered the question or has completed the task, it is your turn.
Truth or Dare - Questions & Tasks for Texting
For inspiration, we have compiled a list of “truth or dare” questions and tasks.
- What are you wearing right now?
- Which three words describe you the best?
- Who have you been most in love with so far?
- What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
- What was your favorite TV-Show as a kid?
- What would you do with 500.000 Dollars?
- What drugs have you tried?
- If you were invisible, what would you do first?
- What would you like to try, but are afraid to do?
- What is your biggest quirk?
- Send me a romantic voice message in which you confess your love for me.
- Send me a gif that describes your current mood.
- Take an ugly selfie and send it to me.
- Write a message to your mom or dad that you are pregnant and send me a screenshot of it.
- Change your WhatsApp status for 24 hours to “I have terrible flatulence.”
- Make up a funny insult for me.
- Send your crush a sexy photo of you.
- Send me the last photo you took.
- I send you a photo, which you have to use for 24 hours as a WhatsApp profile picture.
- Send me a video where you dance for me.
If you run out of ideas, you can find 800 “Truth or Dare” questions & tasks here: 👉 Truth or Dare
Kiss, Marry, Kill - Texting Edition
Kiss Marry Kill is a fun and sometimes agonizing question game in which you have to decide who to kiss, marry, or kill. The whole game is of course purely hypothetical.
How to play Kiss Marry Kill as a texting game?
One of you starts by typing three names of known or famous people in the chat.
For example: Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande
Everyone else in the group must decide who they would kiss, marry, or kill.
Kiss, Marry, Kill - Questions
For the game, it is advisable to think up the names yourself, since you know your friends best. We have put together a list of questions with famous people to help you get started in the game.
- Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Cruise
- Rihanna, Beyonce, Cardi B
- Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Adam Driver
- Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Wladimir Putin
- Britney Spears, Madonna, Amy Schumer
- Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Billie Eilish
- Johnny Depp, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro
- Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez
- Mark Wahlberg, Tom Hardy, Ryan Gosling
- Lady Gaga, Jared Leto, Eva Mendes
- Steve Carell, Will Ferrell, Zach Galifianakis
20 Questions Game - Texting Edition
The 20 questions game is the reversed version of the game “Who am I?”. Instead of finding out who or what you are by asking questions, your friends try to find out who or what you are by asking you questions.
How to play the 20 Questions game?
One of you begins by thinking about who or what you want to be. Once the person has made a decision, the other people in the chat can start asking questions to find out who or what you are. However, only a total of 20 questions may be asked, which can be answered with yes or no. The one who first guessed right is the next in line.
Be creative. In this game you can be anything you want.
The 21 question game is a perfect game to get to know your friends better. You can play the game in a group or in pairs.
How to play 21 Questions?
As the title of the game suggests, you ask each other questions. Normally you would ask exactly 21 questions to each person. In a larger group, however, that would be too lengthy. Therefore, depending on how many people are playing, we recommend that the questions be divided between the players. For example, if three people play, each player would get 7 questions.
The goal of the game is to have great conversations and interesting discussions with your friends.
21 questions - List for you and your friends
Here is a list of questions you can ask your friends. The questions are perfect for deepening friendships and avoiding trivial small talk.
- If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?
- What’s the worst lie you’ve ever told someone?
- What three words would you use to describe me?
- If you found a wallet with 500 dollars in cash on the street, would you keep it?
- How old were you when you first masturbated?
- Do you believe in God or a higher power?
- What is a strange habit of yours?
- What experience has changed your life the most?
- What are three things you like about yourself?
- Do you believe in the saying “opposites attract”?
- How do you want to be remembered after your death?
- Which film or song best describes your life?
- What is a total turn-off for you?
- What would you prefer? Win a million dollars or find true love?
- What would you like to change in your life?
- From what conflicts have you learned the most?
- Have you ever cried at a party?
- What’s the worst joke you’ve ever heard?
- What was your favorite game when you were a kid?
- What is the most useless talent you have?
- Who’s the messiest person you know?
- When was your last time you binge-watched a series and which series was it?
- Which trend is getting on your nerves?
- What is your personal cure for hiccups?
- From where do you get your news?
- What is the most annoying sound there is?
- When was the last time you thought “I told you so”?
- Which fashion trend do you think is ugly?
- What does a perfect weekend look like for you?
- How do you waste your time?
You can find more questions here: 👉 21 questions - the introductory game
Guess the Movie - Emoji Edition 🎥🍿
Forget the old school version of charades. In 2020 we use emojis to describe movies. The emoji version of “Guess the Movie” is perfect for long bus rides, rainy afternoons, or as a fun pastime.
How to Play “Guess the Movie” Emoji Edition?
A person thinks about a film that they try to depict using emojis. As soon as she has decided on a film, she sends the emojis to the group. Then there is the guessing round, in which the players have to find out which film it is. The person who first guessed the film is next.
- 🧔🐻🍻 = Ted (2012)
- 👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗👗 = 27 Dresses (2008)
If you can’t think of any more movies, you can also select TV-Shows or other topics.
This game is for all writing talents and creative minds out there. At Story Time, you and your friends invent a story where you can let your imagination run wild.
How to play Story Time?
One of you begins by writing an introductory sentence. Each person writes another sentence one after the other. You can continue to write until one person formulates the final sentence. In the end, one of you can read the story out loud. Maybe your text will result in the next J.K. Rowling novel?
What Do You Meme? Texting Edition
Maybe you’ve already heard from the card game “What Do You Meme?”, and wondering how to play a card game via texting. We have created our own version of the game that you can play with your friends via text messages.
The goal of the game is to create funny memes.
How to play “What Do You Meme”?
The game is the funniest when you play it in a group. In our opinion, the perfect number of players is around four people. To play you need the app “Giphy”, where you can find countless funny gifs.
Decide in advance how many rounds you want to play. Before you start playing, a judge is selected for the first round. The judge chooses any gif for which the other players have to write a funny text. That means they have to create a meme for the gif.
The judge decides which meme was the best. The winner gets a point. In the second round, another person is a judge. Each player should have been a judge at least once.
At the end the points are added up. The one with the most points is the winner.
Complete the Sentence
The game “Complete the sentence” is self-explanatory. One of you writes an incomplete sentence in the chat, and the other completes it. To make the whole thing a little bit more exciting, we present a version of the game that lets you find out how well your friends know you.
20 sentences that will test your friendship
- My favorite food is ______.
- The name of my first love is ______.
- For me, the most important thing in life is ______.
- My biggest wish is ______.
- I am afraid of ______.
- If I won the lottery, I would ______.
- One of my favorite movies is ______.
- One of my favorite bands is ______.
- I like cats ______ as dogs.
- My perfect partner is ______.
- I would like to travel to ______.
- ______ is on my bucket list.
- My favorite leisure activity is ______.
- I hate ______ the most.
- I have never ______.
- My dream job is ______.
- I have ______ siblings.
- My birthday is ______.
- A tick from me is ______.
- ______ makes me laugh.
If you are a couple, you should definitely have a look at our list of WhatsApp games for couples: 👉 WhatsApp Games for Couples
You can find more WhatsApp challenges for lovers and friends here: 👉 Dirty Dares for WhatsApp
✍️ May 20, 2020