Strip Poker is an exciting and erotic party game for open-minded people. Strip poker is just for you if you are into poker and don't mind nudity. We've created a beginner's guide to strip poker for all poker newbies. Here you will learn the basic poker rules and the different game variants of Strip Poker.✍️ May 19, 2022
- 😊 What is Strip Poker?
- 🧐 How to play Strip Poker
- 🤩 Strip Poker Rules
- 🤪 Different formats for Strip Poker Game
- 😉 Texas Hold’em Strip Poker
- 😌 Tips for Strip Poker
- 💏 Strip Poker for Couples
- 😎 Bonus: “Strip poker night at the inventory”
What is Strip Poker?
Strip poker is a particular type of poker where you lose clothing items instead of money. This means that the losers (the people with the weakest poker hand) have to take off an item of clothing. Strip poker is less about strategy and technique and more about fun and eroticism. Of course, you have to master the basic rules of poker. These we will explain later.
There are different ways to play strip poker, and you can play with poker chips or use your clothes as a bet. This article will introduce you to other variants of strip poker.
Tip: Buy this amazing poker set on Amazon! It doesn’t only include the cards but also tons of striped dice chips for future classic Poker games:
How to play Strip Poker
There are various ways to play strip poker. 5 Card Draw, Stud, or Hold’em Texas are popular variants for playing strip poker.
To play strip poker, everyone should know the basic rules of poker beforehand. We’ve created a crash course for 5 Card Draw Poker for all newbies who have never played poker before.
If you are already familiar with the poker rules, you can jump directly to the next chapter, where strip poker rules are explained!
5 Card Draw - Basic Rules
Five Card Draw is one of the oldest versions of poker. All of today’s game variants of poker have evolved from the “5 Card Draw” version. To play, you need:
- 2-7 people
- A standard deck of 52 cards
- Poker chips (or something else that you can bet with)
Step 1: Each player starts with the same amount of chips (given by the dealer). Then each person puts at least one chip into the pot as a stake. The pool is in the middle of the table where all chips are placed. The minimum bet is set in advance.
You can play with money, but you don’t have to. Poker is fun without real money too.
Step 2: Each player gets five hand cards. These are dealt out by the “dealer” (the dealer is determined before playing).
Step 3: After each player has looked at their hand cards, the betting round begins. The dealer may first announce his bet. When it is your turn, you can choose from one of the three options:
- Call - You match an existing bet. Example: The person before you has increased the stake by two poker chips, and you reach the raise and also bet two poker chips.
- Raise - You increase the bet. Example: The person before you put two poker chips in the pot, and you raise the chance and put three poker chips in the pot. The person after you must then place a bet of at least three poker chips.
- Fold - You discard your hand cards (because of fragile hand cards). You are therefore eliminated for this round and no longer have the opportunity to win the pot.
There are two ways to win the pot:
- You are the only person who didn’t fold.
- You have the highest poker hand.
Step 4: At the end of the betting round, each player discards up to 3 hand cards. The dealer gives each player as many new cards from the deck as they discarded. Then everyone looks at their hand cards one more time. Then the last round of betting starts. The rules are the same as mentioned before.
Step 5: When all players have made their bets (or have folded), the cards are revealed. The highest poker hand wins the pot (all chips in the middle).
Poker Hand - Ranking
The person with the best hand (the highest card value or the best combination of cards) wins the poker chips in the middle. Here you can find a ranking list of card combinations (1 = highest):
- Royal Flush (straight flush with an ace)
Example: 10-J-Q-K-A (all cards are the same suit)
- Straight Flush (5 cards of the same suit in ascending order)
Example: Heart 3 - Heart 4 - Heart 5 - Heart 6 - Heart 7
- 4-of-a-kind (4 cards of the same value and one different card)
- Full House (3 cards of the same value and a pair)
- Flush (5 cards of the same suit, e.g., hearts)
- Straight (5 cards in ascending order)
- 3-of-a-kind (3 cards of the same value and two different cards that are not a pair)
- 2 Pairs (2 pairs, 1 card of your choice)
- Pair (3 different cards and 2 cards with the same value)
- High Card (a card of high value)
Card Ranking (high to low): Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, (Ace)
📖 Suggested read: Drink or Strip Drinking Game: Rules & How to play
At the end of each round, the dealer collects the cards and shuffles them for the next round. The game continues until only one person has chips. In other words, if you run out of chips, you are eliminated from the competition.
Strip Poker Rules
The rules are simple and can be modified. Whatever variant of strip poker you play, the basic rule is the same: The person with the weakest poker hand loses and has to take off an item of clothing.
Before playing, decide how far you want to go. One possibility is that you only have to strip down to your underwear.
Strip Poker Special Rules
If you want to spice up your game, you can find alternative strip poker rules here.
- Strip or Drink: The person with the weakest poker hand can choose between taking off an item of clothing or taking a shot (with an alcoholic drink in it).
- All for One: All losers of the round must take off an item of clothing. So only the winner (the person with the best hand) doesn’t have to take off an item of clothing.
- Drunk Winner: The person with the weakest hand must take off an item of clothing, and the person with the best hand has to take a shot.
- Drunk Loser: The first person to be naked (or who only wears underwear) has to take a shot for each round lost.
- Striptease: Instead of simply taking off your clothing, you have to perform a little striptease for your fellow players. That means you have to take off your item of clothing in a lascivious way.
- Strip or Dare: The loser of the round can save himself from taking off an item of clothing by completing a task. If you agree on this version of strip poker, you should first write a few punishment tasks on pieces of paper and put them in a box. Then you don’t have to come up with anything later. The loser then draws a note out of the box.
- The winner decides: Another option is to let the winner of the round determine who has to take off an item of clothing.
- Win your clothes back: The person with the best hand is allowed to put one item of clothing back on. If you choose to play this strip poker variant, you have to be aware that the game will last much longer than usual.
Different formats for Strip Poker Game
You can decide for yourself how long your game should last. There are different game formats of strip poker with different playtimes. Slow or fast - Either way, strip poker is always fun. We introduce you to three versions: A fast, medium-paced, and slow strip poker.
🤓 Suggested read: Horse Race Drinking Game: Game Rules & How To Play
Fast Strip Poker: All for One
In the fast-paced (also most popular) version of strip poker, not only does the person with the worst hand have to take off an item of clothing, but also all other losers of the round. This means that only the round winner can keep his clothes on, and the first person to be completely naked has lost.
Medium-paced Strip Poker
The person with the weakest poker hand has to take off an item of clothing. If you would like to play a little longer, you will select this game variant. Here only the person with the weakest poker hand has to take off an item of clothing. As usual, the first person to be completely undressed has lost.
Slow Strip Poker: Texas Hold’em Strip poker
Texas Hold’em Strip Poker is an exciting game that lasts longer. On average, you play for around 15 minutes until an item of clothing is removed. Unlike Texas Hold’em, Draw 5 is a bit easier because it is more luck-based. In any case, it is also possible for beginners to learn the rules. We explain the basic rules for Texas Hold’em Strip Poker in the following.
Texas Hold’em Strip Poker
Texas Hold’em is another poker format suitable for strip poker. In contrast to Draw 5 Poker, Texas Holdem Poker has four betting rounds. After the fourth round of betting, the cards are revealed. This is why you lose clothes at a slower pace in this strip poker variant.
We have already explained the rules for strip poker in detail before. These don’t change for Texas Hold’em Strip Poker. What is changing are the poker rules. Here is a step-by-step guide to Texas Hold’em poker:
Step 1: The Blinds
Before the game begins, the dealer gets determined. The tasks of the dealer are dealing out cards and managing the pot. In each round, a different person is a dealer (in clockwise order). The two players to the dealer’s left must make a blind bet. It is called blind because the cards have not yet been dealt out. The first player makes a small blind, the second a big blind. The amount of the blind bet is determined in advance.
- Small Blind = minimum bet
- Big Blind = twice as high as the small blind
Step 2: The cards get dealt out (1st betting round)
First, each player receives two cards from the dealer.
Later, the dealer places five additional community cards face-up on the table: First three cards, then one, and then again one. They are called community cards because all players can add these cards to their hand cards (in thought).
Then the first betting round begins. Depending on how good your cards are, you can bet as many chips (or money) as you want. When it is your turn, you have the options to call, raise, or fold. We have already explained the three options in the 5 Card Draw Poker Guide.
📖 Suggested read: 🃏 Top 8 Card Drinking Games for Couples
Step 3: Flop (2nd betting round)
The first three community cards (flop) are placed face-up on the table by the dealer. These cards belong to every player. They complement the hand cards, and anyone can (mentally) use them to form their poker hand (the community cards always remain on the table). Then the second round of betting begins.
Step 4: Turn (3rd betting round)
The fourth card (turn) is added face up to the three community cards. The process remains the same as with the “flop”. The third betting round begins.
Step 5: River (4th betting round)
The last community card is placed face-up on the table, and the previous betting round begins.
Step 6: Showdown
Everyone who is still in the game now reveals their poker hand. The person with the best hand wins the pot.
Tips for Strip Poker
Here are a few tips to make strip poker enjoyable for everyone.
1. Learn the Basics of Poker - For strip poker to be fun, everyone should understand the basic rules of poker. It’s best to do a practice round first. If you have no idea about poker, strip poker can be very tedious.
2. Set limits - Agree beforehand how far you want to go. If there are people who do not want to strip naked, then respect their decision. You can also specify that you only have to strip down to your underwear.
3. Wear the right clothes - At Strip Poker, it makes sense to wear several layers of clothing, for example, an undershirt, socks, a scarf, a hat, etc. Otherwise, the game ends very quickly. Everyone should wear the same number of clothing items so that it is a fair game.
4. Prepare a couple of drinks - A little alcohol won’t hurt, but it’s not a must. It definitely creates a relaxed atmosphere.
Strip Poker for Couples
Do you already have plans for your next date night with your partner? Strip poker is perfect for a hot date with your partner. The rules are the same as in regular strip poker. However, lovers have probably seen each other naked hundreds of times. Where’s the thrill? There are a few tips and tricks that can be used to make strip poker an exciting experience for couples:
- Create an erotic atmosphere: The environment is one of the most important things to get in the mood. Create a relaxed atmosphere with music, two glasses of wine, dimmed lights, etc.
- Put on a sexy outfit: Even if the game is about getting naked, it is a great idea to wear a fantastic outfit. And that should ideally consist of several layers. Otherwise, the game is over quickly. Surprise your partner with your hottest lingerie.
- Don’t forget to flirt: If you lose an item of clothing, don’t just take it off, but make it seductive. For example, you can give your partner a striptease or a lap dance afterward.
👉 Follow this link for more party games!