Think you’d fit in Bikini Bottom? Or maybe replace Patrick and be Spongebob's best friend? Answer this Spongebob Trivia Questions with answers to find out!✍️ February 21, 2022
- 🤓 How to Play the Trivia Game
- 🥳 Play Trivia Online
- 😊 Best Spongebob Trivia Questions
- 😰 Hard Spongebob Trivia Questions
- ✨ Bonus: Spongebob Trivia Facts! ✨
Almost everyone knows the answer to ”Are ‘ya ready, kids?” and immediately sings along! Did you know that SpongeBob’s original name was SpongeBoy? If this pushed through, the title would have been SpongeBoy Ahoy! 🤭
I’m pretty sure you didn’t know that because we didn’t either! Since the show started in 1999, many things have happened or changed. Find out now how much you still know about SpongeBob Squarepants and the whole crew from Bikini Bottom!
Welcome to Spongebob Trivia! 🍍
How to play the Trivia Game 🤓
The Trivia Game is one of the easiest games to play out there! If you’re all about facts and testing your knowledge on things, then the Trivia Game is the perfect game for you!
Play in groups or individually. The winner of the game is whoever answers the most questions correctly.
1. First, decide on a category. This will make it so much easier for everyone. It helps everyone be prepared for the questions that could come out, and it can also help the host decide on which questions to ask 🥸
2. Next, decide if you’ll be playing in teams or as individuals. Teams could be easier as you’d have someone to fact-check with. Or, if you’re feeling confident, go ahead with the individuals!
Be careful, though. Trivia is a fast-paced game. You may not always have the time to bounce ideas off of each other 🤔
3. Lastly, decide if you’ll be playing for a certain number of points or a certain number of questions. Well, there has to be some way for you to determine the winner! The winner is the player with the most number of points after a certain time! 🥳
Once everything has been settled, the host can now start by asking a question. The first person to get the host’s attention is given the chance to answer.
❗️ You can also talk about how to get the host’s attention. Maybe you can shout out your name or your group’s name, be the first to jump in the air, be the first to bark like a dog, etc. Let your creative juices flow!
If that player gets it correct, the point is theirs. Otherwise, other players/teams will get a chance to steal 😎
👉 Check out this article for a full list of Trivia Questions!
Play Trivia Online 🥳
If you enjoy playing Trivia and are looking for other categories to play Trivia on, try playing our Party Trivia app available on both iOS and Android to always have trivia questions ready at any time!
You can also join our Trivia Live to play with people all over the world. A trivia game that goes on 24/7! Don’t forget to take a break!
Best Spongebob Trivia Questions 😊
Since 1999, that yellow sponge from Bikini Bottom has brought joy into our lives. 270 episodes later, SpongeBob Squarepants has become one of the most iconic cartoons in history 📺
Take the SpongeBob Trivia test now to see how well you know SpongeBob Squarepants and everyone from Bikini Bottom!
1. What color is Spongebob’s House?
SpongeBob’s house is an orange pineapple with criss-cross lines all over and green leaves at the top. 🍍
2. What is the name of SpongeBob Squarepants’ beloved pet snail?
Gary, the snail, met SpongeBob at Camp Coral. While the exact moment of his adoption was never shown, photos of SpongeBob adopting Gary at the animal shelter were revealed in season 08.
3. What does SpongeBob Squarepants work as?
- Fry Cook
- Security guard
While SpongeBob Squarepants does a lot of things for the Krusty Krab, his main job is a Fry Cook.
4. What is the name of the competing restaurant against Krusty Krab?
- Chum Bucket
- Bum Bucket
- Plum Bucket
- Gum Bucket
Chum Bucket 🪣
The Chum Bucket, owned by Plankton (who is Mr. Krabs’ arch-nemesis), sits right in front of the Krusty Krab and gets little to no customers.
5. What is Squidward Tentacle’s house made of?
Shaped like a man, Squidward’s house somehow reminds us of the Maoi statues on Easter Island.
6. What does Sandy Cheeks’ house look like?
- Space Ship
Sandy’s home is better known as Sandy’s Treedome. It’s climate-controlled and has an airlock that allows Sandy to survive without her special suit. Sandy is the sole land animal in Bikini Bottom.
7. What animal does Spongebob catch for sport?
- Sea Snails
- Sea Urchins
One of Spongebob’s favorite pastimes: Jellyfishing!
8. What are the names of SpongeBob Squarepants’ favorite superheroes?
- Seaweed Man and Jellyfish Boy
- Fish Man and Water Boy
- Fisherman and Clam Boy
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy 🧜♂️🦸♂️
Mermaid Man and Barnacle have actually been around since season 01! 😱
9. What is the name of SpongeBob Squarepants’ boating teacher?
- Mrs. Cuff
- Mrs. Puff
- Mrs. Buff
- Mrs. Bluff
Mrs. Puff 🐡
Mrs. Poppy Puff is one of the main characters on SpongeBob Squarepants and works as a boating teacher.
10. What is the name of the evil ghost that appears on Spongebob Squarepants?
- The Flying Pirate
- The Green Dutchman
- The Flying Dutchman
- The Green Pirate
The Flying Dutchman 👻
The Flying Dutchman first appeared in the episode “Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost” but only in pictures, not as himself.
11. What instrument does Squidward Tentacle play?
Aside from the fact that Squidward lacks in experience and has no one to teach him how to play, many fans noted that one of the reasons why Squidward plays the clarinet badly is because of how he holds it.
12. What is the job of Larry the Lobster?
- Professional Weightlifter
- Professional surfer
It still amazes me how they’re in need of a lifeguard or how Goo Lagoon even exists in the first place! 😂
13. Who was Patrick Star’s college friend that met Spongebob in Boating School?
- Flats the Flounder
- Mrs. Puff
- Pearl Krabs
- Joe Joker
Flats the Flounder
In the episode “The Bully,” Flats joins Mrs. Puff’s Boating School and continuously expresses wanting to “kick Spongebob’s butt.” For protection, Spongebob turns to Patrick but only to find out they were friends in community college.
14. What is Mr. Krabs’ life goal?
- To be the best restaurant in Bikini Bottom
- To provide the best life for his daughter Pearl
- To be the richest man in Bikini Bottom
- To be the best boss to SpongeBob and Squidward
To be the richest man in Bikini Bottom
Mr. Krabs loves money, and although he’s not the richest man, he is the cheapest man! It’s definitely Mr. Krabs’ ultimate goal in life to have lots and lots of money 🤑💸
15. What type of animal-filled the Krusty Krabs during the pilot episode?
- Clown Fishes
The title of the pilot episode was “Help Wanted” and in this episode, SpongeBob finds a “help wanted” sign in front of the Krusty Krab and proves himself by feeding hungry anchovies that filled the Krusty Krab.
16. How does Spongebob reach the bottom of the ocean in the episode “Rock Bottom”?
- He fell
- He was kidnapped
- He took the wrong bus
- He was on an adventure
He took the wrong bus 🚫
Patrick and SpongeBob were at their favorite amusement park, Glove World! When they accidentally took the wrong bus home. Here he encounters several unusual fish that live in the darkest parts of the ocean.
17. Which of these items are not SpongeBob’s friends while he stayed indoors?
This episode in season 03 starts with SpongeBob hurting his butt after going sand-sledding. He is then horrified by all of the things that can happen to his butt and decides to stay indoors forever 😌
18. What is the Krusty Krab’s signature dish?
- Krabby Buns
- Krusty Patty
- Krabby Patty
- Krusty Buns
Krabby Patty 🍔
Many fans have a theory that the Krabby Patty’s secret ingredient is actually crab. Thoughts? 🤔
19. What is always seen in Patrick Star’s House no matter what episode?
- Chair and TV
- Refrigerator and Dining Table
- Airconditioner and Bed
- Dining Table and Toilet
Couch and TV 📺 🛋
Patrick Star has the iconic TV antennas at the top of his house, and whenever he emerges from his rock, his green chair and TV is always seen.
20. Who lives in a blue anchor? ⚓️
- Mr. Krabs
- Grandma Squarepants
- Mrs. Puff
The blue anchor is iconic for Mr. Krabs as it’s also seen on top of the Krusty Krabs’ employee hats (which is also their only uniform, by the way) ⚓️
👉 This way for 35+ Fun Movie Trivia Questions!
Hard Spongebob Trivia Questions 😰
Found those questions too easy? Well, how about some hard SpongeBob Trivia Questions to really test your knowledge on it? 😏
The next set of Trivia Questions are facts that not everyone knows of unless they actually did their research or is really just avid fan. Will you be able to get all of these hard SpongeBob Trivia Questions correct?
Find out now!
1. What is Mr. Krabs’ first name?
His full name is Eugene Harold Krabs! 😆
2. What street does Spongebob live on? 📍
- Conch Street
- Anchor Way
- Albatross Ave
- Coral Avenue
His actual address is 124 Conch Street. Other characters that live on Conch street are Patrick Star, Squidward Tentacles, Sandy Cheeks, Mrs. Puff, and Grandma Squarepants. 😋
3. Why did Sandy go to Bikini Bottom?
- She wanted to test her Treedome invention
- She was studying life underwater
- She was sick of Texas
- She wanted to be close to her friend SpongeBob Squarepants
She was studying life underwater
Sandy joined a company called Treedome Enterprises, and they sent her down to Bikini Bottom to study life underwater 📚
In the episode “Chimps Ahoy,” it was seen that the company’s board of directors, a group of chips, came down to Bikini Bottom for inspection.
4. What is the name of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy’s main nemesis?
- Bubble Boy
- Man Ray
- Evil Sting
Two of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy’s notable foes are Man Ray and Dirty Bubble.
5. What is the name of the news reporter often seen on SpongeBob Squarepants?
- Anna Anchovies
- Bubble Bass
- Mac McBubble
- Perch Perkins
Perch was first shown in the episode “Ripped Pants” as the announcer for the surfing competition at Goo Lagoon 🏄
6. What is the magazine’s name that Squidward Tentacles has a subscription to?
- Happiness and How to Get It
- Fancy Living Digest
- Jazz Music for All
- Home Improvements
Fancy Living Digest
Fancy Living Digest showcases rich fishes and their lavish lifestyle. Seeing this magazine made SpongeBob and Patrick want to live a fancy life too! 😌
7. What is Plankton’s first name?
His full name is Sheldon J. Plankton
8. What does it say on the license plate of SpongeBob’s boat mobile?
Short for “IM READY”, which is one of SpongeBob’s famous lines, so it only seems right that he also uses this for his boat mobile! 😝
9. What number does Gary the snail wear in the great snail race?
This episode is in the 3rd season of the series and is where SpongeBob enters Gary in Bikini Bottom’s Great Snail Race but ends up over-training him, and Gary explodes 😢
10. Who is the voice of SpongeBob Squarepants?
- Bill Fagerbakke
- Rodger Bumpass
- Tom Kenny
- Clancy Brown
His work for SpongeBob Squarepants is one he’s famously known for. But he’s also the voice of The Narrator and Mayor in Powerpuff Girls!
11. Which of these famous names involved in SpongeBob Squarepants is actually a marine biologist?
- Stephen Hillenburg
- Tom Kenny
- Bill Fagerbarkke
- Rodger Bumpass
Creator of SpongeBob Squarepants, Stephen Hillenburg, actually had an extensive background in marine biology!
12. What is the name of King Neptune’s daughter?
- Princess Ariel
- Princess Mandy
- Princess Mindy
- Princess Miranda
Princess Mindy 🧜♀️
First appearing in SpongeBob Squarepants The Movie, the future queen of the sea, Princess Mindy, has become good friends with SpongeBob and Patrick.
13. What is the name of the famous ice cream parlor in Bikini Bottom?
- Silly Dilly’s Ice Cream Party Boat
- Goofy Goober’s Ice Cream Party Boat
- Sweet Beats’s Ice Cream Party Boat
- Cookie Cooker’s Ice Cream Party Boat
Goofy Goober’s Ice Cream Party Boat
And the famous mascot is none other than Goofy Goober himself, a peanut!
14. What is the name of the famous obese fish that SpongeBob dislikes in the series?
- Patrick Star
- Larry the Lobster
- Bubble Bass
- Mermaid Man
Bubble Bass seems to follow stereotypical characteristics of a “rude neckbeard”. He is first seen in the episode “Pickles” in which he makes a big fuss over missing pickles in his Krabby Patty but later reveals that he hid them under his tongue to make SpongeBob look bad.
15. Who gets a pet worm in the series? 🪱
- SpongeBob Squarepants
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patrick Star
- Eugene Krabs
SpongeBob Squarepants 🧽
In the episode “Pets or Pests”, SpongeBob adopts a pet worm, Mrs. Wormsley, which Gary greatly dislikes 😂
16. How long is one episode of SpongeBob Squarepants?
Each skit is only 11 minutes long. That’s right! You only get 11-minute SpongeBob craziness per episode!
17. Which episode in Season 12 was not included in the release of the DVDs?
- SpongeBob’s Bad Habit
- Kwarantined Krab
- The Ghost of Plankton
- Who R Zoo?
Kwarantined Krab was not included in the DVD because of how unintentionally similar the plot was to the situation during the CoVid-19 Pandemic.
18. What was the Krusty Krab originally before it was turned into a restaurant?
- Retirement Home
- Grocery Store
- Mechanic Shop
In the “Krusty Krab Training Video” episode in Season 03, it was shown that the Krusty Krab was originally a run-down retirement home before Mr. Krabs acquired it and turned it into a restaurant.
19. What happened to Mr. Puff?
- He left Mrs. Puff
- He was killed by humans
- He was lost in sea
- He just inflated and never came back down
He was killed by humans
In the episode “Krusty Love”, Mr. Puff makes a brief appearance where it was shown that he was made into a lamp by humans.
20. How many spots does Squidward have on his head?
While there was no explanation as to why there are always 8 dots on Squidward Tentacles’ head, there are actually 8 dots.
👉 Keep answering Trivia questions by reading our How I Met Your Mother Trivia!
✨ BONUS: Spongebob Trivia Facts! ✨
Here are some facts on SpongeBob Squarepants that you may or may not have known about! After all, SpongeBob has been around for several years. Maybe there are some things that you missed out on!
1. The idea of SpongeBob’s personality was heavily influenced by comedians Jerry Lewis, Pee-Wee Herman, and Stan Laurel
These were the three people that Stephen Hillenburg specifically had in mind while creating SpongeBob Squarepants. Tom Kenny even recalls Stephen Hillenburg describing SpongeBob as “half child, half adult; kind of like a munchkin,” before the three comedy legends were mentioned.
2. There’s a reason why Squidward only has 6 tentacles.
While Squidward has been referred to as a squid and/or an octopus throughout the entire series, you may notice that he only has 6 tentacles! That’s because the animators thought that giving him the full 8 tentacles would “weigh him down - visually”
3. Stephen Hillenburg was really against celebrities appearing on the show.
Stephen Hillenburg feared that the presence of celebrities would lead his precious show to be compared to The Simpsons. The only exceptions to these however are Tim Conway and Ernest Borgnine, voices of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.
4. SpongeBob is ambidextrous
In the Episodes “You Don’t Know Sponge” and “The Splinter,” SpongeBob himself says that he is ambidextrous; meaning he can write with both his left and right hand. However, in “I was a teenage Gary,” he mentions that he is left-handed.
5. There is a real-life fungi that is named after SpongeBob Squarepants!
In 2011, researchers at the San Francisco State University had given a new species of mushroom the name Spongiforma squarepantsii because of how much it resembles the sea sponge.
6. The fictional place of Bikini Bottom is shown to be below Bikini Atoll
Bikini Atoll was formerly a nuclear site which, up to this day, is still uninhabitable. That tiny island with a handful of trees on top is a part of Bikini Atoll. Don’t worry, SpongeBob and the other characters were not involved!
7. Patrick Star wasn’t supposed to be the naïve and immature creature that we all love to this day!
They initially drew up Patrick to be an angry bully. He was supposed to “have a chip on his shoulder” because of how pink he was. He was also supposed to be the owner of a roadside bar. Can’t imagine that with Patrick!
8. SpongeBob Squarepants was the first series on Nickelodeon to have over 200 episodes
Surpassing Rugrats’ 172 episodes! SpongeBob Squarepants currently has 270 episodes (as of writing)
9. Nickelodeon initially wanted SpongeBob to be seen as a child who goes to school
Their purpose for this request was that they felt that it was more relatable to their target audience. However, this completely goes against Stephen Hillenburg’s vision of Spongebob. Until they come to a compromise, SpongeBob attends Boating School.
10. SpongeBob Squarepants, while a children’s TV show, portrays many adult issues in a light manner.
The most obvious ones are the underlying issues that each character battles. SpongeBob was said to have ADHD. Patrick suffers from an eating disorder. Squidward was said to suffer from OCD.
The episode “Spongebob, You’re Fired” also sparked outrage in various viewers. The episode showed that Mr. Krabs fired Spongebob from his job and then faced difficulties of unemployment. The plot then became the subject of political debates due to how unemployment was portrayed.