Spin the Bottle
Spin the bottle is a kissing game often played by teenagers and young adults at parties. While getting close to each other, it's also perfect for getting to know each other. Here's how to play the classic kissing game Spin the Bottle.Party & Drinking Games 👇
- 😇 What is Spin the Bottle?
- 🥰 Spin the Bottle Rules
- 💋 How to Play Spin the Bottle Kissing Game
- 🥳 Spin the Bottle Game Variations
- 😄 Play Spin the Bottle Online
- 😲 Spin the Bottle Questions
- 🤯 FAQ Spin the Bottle
What is Spin the Bottle?
Spin the Bottle is one of the most famous games for teen parties. The game is played by teens around the world since the 1980s. Are you wondering what’s so special about this game? Well, it’s pretty simple, it’s fun, it’s really exciting, and you don’t need anything but a bottle and other players!
The main goal of the game is for players to get closer to each other. There are different variations, but most of the time it ends up with players kissing each other!
Are you ready? Then keep reading and find out how to play Spin the Bottle!
Spin the Bottle Rules
The game Spin the Bottle may involve kisses and perhaps other sexual interactions between players. Remember, everyone sets their own limits. It is best to adhere to the following basic rules when playing:
1. Talk first! Before you dive into the game, explain it to the other players. If someone doesn’t want to play it, that has to be respected.
2. Respect each other’s limits! Some feel good kissing someone on the mouth in public. Others only dare to kiss someone else’s cheek. Everyone should feel comfortable while playing!
3. Don’t judge! If the Spin the Bottle game has questions, never judge the answers.
4. Have fun! That’s the important rule: Relax and have fun!!
How to Play Spin the Bottle
The beginning is for every Spin the Bottle game the same. Are you ready? Then follow our instructions:
- All players get together in a circle.
- Place a bottle in the center.
- Determine a first player.
- The player spins the bottle.
What happens next depends on which game variant you want to play: Do you prefer Spin the Bottle Kissing Game, Spin the Bottle Truth or Dare, or even 7 Minutes in Heaven?
Game Variations of Spin the Bottle
Would you like to play Spin the Bottle, but you don’t know which variation? Don’t worry, we’ve got you!
Here are the most common game variations of Spin the Bottle:
1. Spin the Bottle Kissing Game
In the Spin the Bottle Kissing Game, all players first sit down in a circle. Then you place a bottle in the middle and the youngest player begins.
The first player spins the bottle in the center of the circle. He/she kisses the person that the bottle is pointing at.
Next is the person to the left of the first player. It’s a simple as it can get!
2. Spin the Bottle Truth or Dare
This is a combination of Spin the Bottle and Truth or Dare, what could be better? Like in all other versions of Spin the Bottle, you get together in a circle and one player starts to spin the bottle.
The person to whom the bottle points when it stops spinning is the first player. All other players ask the first player: “Truth or Dare?” This player then gets to decide if he/she wants to ask a question or perform a dare!
Michael: Truth or Dare?
Michael: Lick everyone’s cheeks for five seconds each!
Scroll down for our Spin the Bottle Questions to find some inspiration!
3. 7 Minutes in Heaven
Another popular combination of two teen games is Spin the Bottle with 7 Minutes in Heaven. Again, all games sit in a circle and two of them are selected by a spinning bottle.
Those two players get to spend 7 minutes in heaven together in private! The heaven in this game is usually a small room that is dark and in some cases locked. For example: A cabinet, a storeroom, or even a small bathroom.
Usually, they use this time to talk privately or take part in more intimate activities, like kissing and making out.
Spin the Bottle Online Version
If you’re looking for a funnier and easy way to play Spin the Bottle, look no further. We’ve created an online version of this classic party game with lots of funny and dirty tasks for the players to complete. A lot of kissing is involved, but also a couple of truth questions and some hot dares.
Play Spin the Bottle online
Spin the Bottle Question Ideas
Are you looking for some questions for your own Spin the Bottle game? Just borrow them from the most classic party games of all time! Check it out!
1. Truth or Dare Questions
Truth or Dare can be perfectly combined with Spin the Bottle. Here are some great truth questions and even better dares:
- What was the nastiest prank you ever played on someone?
- What was your favorite cartoon when you were little?
- What was your worst kiss?
- Have you ever thrown up in someone’s car?
- Would you prefer to be smart or happy, and why?
- Have you ever gotten an STD?
- When did you learn how to ride a bike?
- If there was no such thing as money, what would you do with your life?
- Have you ever sleep-walked?
- Do you sleep naked?
- Kiss your neighbor’s cheek.
- Draw something on the person on your right.
- Say the words “in bed” after everything you say for the next 10 minutes.
- Act like an old lady or an old man.
- Spin around for 10 seconds and run out to the mailbox and back.
- Take two shots of a dark and a light liquor ( 4 shots total).
- Close your eyes while the group puts something edible and non-toxic in your mouth. You must eat it.
- Imitate a Californian accent for 2 turns.
- Try to spin on your head like a breakdancer.
- Imitate a celebrity and imagine yourself on a red carpet in front of the players.
- Massage your neighbor’s shoulders.
👉 Here you cand find more Truth or Dare Questions!
2. Never have I ever Questions
Do your friends have secrets? Find it out with Never have I ever:
- Never have I ever… accidentally sharted.
- Never have I ever… worked at a fast-food restaurant.
- Never have I ever… been to a haunted house.
- Never have I ever… had a hangover.
- Never have I ever… broken a piece of furniture by sitting on it.
- Never have I ever… stalked a crush.
- Never have I ever… thought a cartoon character was hot.
- Never have I ever… eaten only candy for dinner.
- Never have I ever… been arrested.
- Never have I ever… pretended that I was in a music video.
- Never have I ever… been kicked out of a bar.
- Never have I ever… had a crush on a friend’s parent.
- Never have I ever… made a gross smoothie.
- Never have I ever… done it outside.
- Never have I ever… flirted with someone.
- Never have I ever… had a friend with benefits.
- Never have I ever… lied about having sex.
👉 Here you can find more Never have I ever Questions!
3. Would you rather Questions
Would you rather statements offer a wide variety of questions to answer. Here are some of the most popular:
- Would you rather be covered in fur or covered in scales?
- Would you rather have an easy job working for someone else or work for yourself but work incredibly hard?
- Would you rather travel the world for a year on a shoestring budget or stay in only one country for a year but live in luxury?
- Would you rather be able to talk to land animals, animals that fly, or animals that live under the water?
- Would you rather be able to dodge anything no matter how fast it’s moving or be able to ask any three questions and have them answered accurately?
- Would you rather be an average person in the present or a king of a large country 2500 years ago?
- Would you rather have all dogs try to attack you when they see you or all birds try to attack you when they see you?
- Would you rather your only mode of transportation be a donkey or a giraffe?
- Would you rather there be a perpetual water balloon war going on in your city/town or a perpetual food fight?
- Would you rather be a reverse centaur or a reverse mermaid/merman?
- Would you rather super sensitive taste or super-sensitive hearing?
- Would you rather clean rest stop toilets or work in a slaughterhouse for a living?
- Would you rather wake up in the middle of an unknown desert or wake up in a rowboat on an unknown body of water?
- Would you rather have everything on your phone right now (browsing history, photos, etc.) made public to anyone who searches your name or never use a cell phone again?
More Would you rather Questions
Frequently Asked Questions About Spin the Bottle
Here we answer some frequently asked questions about Spin the Bottle:
Is Spin the Bottle appropriate?
Spin the Bottle is famous for being a kissing game, yet there are no strict rules that say you have to kiss the person that the bottle lands on. It all depends on how you play Spin the Bottle.
What do you do in Spin the Bottle?
The game is played by several players who sit or stand in a circle. A bottle is then placed on the floor in the center of the group. One player spins the bottle and must kiss the person to whom the bottle points when it stops spinning. Alternatively, the person to whom the bottle is pointing must answer a question from the person who spun the bottle.
How do you kiss on spin the bottle?
After a player has spun the bottle and given a kiss to the person the bottle is pointing at, the person who was kissed gives the bottle a spin and gives a kiss to the person his or her spin lands on.
How do you play spin the bottle with friends?
Gather your friends, sit in a circle, and place an empty bottle in the middle. The youngest person starts spinning the bottle until it stops spinning and is pointing at another person. From there, you can decide to kiss or ask the person a question.
Can you play Spin the Bottle with 2 people?
Spin the Bottle can be a great way to get intimate with your significant other. Considering that you both kiss each other anyways, try asking personal questions to learn more about each other.
Have fun playing Spin the Bottle!
✍️ November 2, 2021