Spin the Bottle
Spin the bottle is a kissing game often played by teenagers and young adults at parties. While getting close to each other, it's also perfect for getting to know each other. Here's how to play the classic kissing game Spin the Bottle.Party & Drinking Games — May 9, 2020
Game Variations of Spin the Bottle
Here are the most common game variants of Spin the Bottle:
You spin the bottle and kiss the person that the bottle is pointing at. It’s as simple as it can get.
How to play Spin the Bottle?
The game is played by several players who sit or stand in a circle. A bottle is then placed on the floor in the center of the group. One player spins the bottle and must kiss the person whom the bottle points when it stops spinning. Alternatively, the person to whom the bottle is pointing must kiss the person at the rear end of the bottle.
Instead of kissing the person where the bottle is pointing at, you can also create other tasks for the chosen people. You may ask a “Truth or Dare” questions or really dirty “Never have I ever” questions. Still, kissing remains the most intimate option.
Scroll down to our dedicated Spin the Bottle Questions section to find some inspiration.
7 Minutes in Heaven
7 Minutes in Heaven is a very popular way amongst teenagers to play Spin the Bottle.
How do you play 7 Minutes in Heaven?
The person who spun the bottle and the person who was selected by the bottle are chosen to spend 7 minutes alone in a dark, in a private room. Usually, they use this time to talk privately or take part in more intimate activities, like kissing and making out.
Spin the Bottle Online Version
If you’re looking for a more fun and easy way to play “Spin the Bottle”, look no further. We’ve created an online version of this classic party game with lots of funny and dirty tasks for the players to complete. A lot of kissing is involved, but also a couple of truth questions and some hot tasks.
👉 Play Spin the Bottle online
Spin the Bottle Question Ideas
You can borrow questions from the most classic party games. Here are some Spin the Bottle Questions:
Truth or Dare Questions
Truth or Dare can be perfectly combined with Spin the Bottle. Here are some great truth questions and even better dares:
- What was the nastiest prank you ever played on someone?
- What was your favorite cartoon when you were little?
- What was your worst kiss?
- Have you ever thrown up in someone’s car?
- Would you prefer to be smart or happy, and why?
- Have you ever gotten an STD?
- When did you learn how to ride a bike?
- If there was no such thing as money, what would you do with your life?
- Have you ever sleep-walked?
- Do you sleep naked?
- Kiss your neighbour’s cheek.
- Draw something on the person on your right.
- Say the words “in bed” after everything you say for the next 10 minutes.
- Act like an old lady or an old man.
- Spin around for 10 seconds and run out the mailbox and back.
- Take two shots of a dark and a light liquor ( 4 shots total).
- Close your eyes while the group puts something edible and non-toxic in your mouth. You must eat it.
- Imitate a Californian accent for 2 turns.
- Try to spin on your head like a breakdancer.
- Imitate a celebrity and imagine yourself on a red carpet in front of the players.
- Massage your neighbour’s shoulders.
More Truth or Dare Questions
Never have I ever Questions
Do your friends have secrets? Find it out with Never have I ever:
- Never have I ever… accidentally sharted.
- Never have I ever… worked at a fast-food restaurant.
- Never have I ever… been to a haunted house.
- Never have I ever… had a hangover.
- Never have I ever… broken a piece of furniture by sitting on it.
- Never have I ever… stalked a crush.
- Never have I ever… thought a cartoon character was hot.
- Never have I ever… eaten only candy for dinner.
- Never have I ever… been arrested.
- Never have I ever… pretended that I was in a music video.
- Never have I ever… been kicked out of a bar.
- Never have I ever… had a crush on a friend’s parent.
- Never have I ever… made a gross smoothie.
- Never have I ever… done it outside.
- Never have I ever… flirted with someone.
- Never have I ever… had a friend with benefits.
- Never have I ever… lied about having sex.
More Never have I ever Questions
Would you rather Questions
Would you rather statements offer a wide variety of questions to answer. Here are some of the most popular:
- Would you rather be covered in fur or covered in scales?
- Would you rather have an easy job working for someone else or work for yourself but work incredibly hard?
- Would you rather travel the world for a year on a shoestring budget or stay in only one country for a year but live in luxury?
- Would you rather be able to talk to land animals, animals that fly, or animals that live under the water?
- Would you rather be able to dodge anything no matter how fast it’s moving or be able to ask any three questions and have them answered accurately?
- Would you rather be an average person in the present or a king of a large country 2500 years ago?
- Would you rather have all dogs try to attack you when they see you or all birds try to attack you when they see you?
- Would you rather your only mode of transportation be a donkey or a giraffe?
- Would you rather there be a perpetual water balloon war going on in your city/town or a perpetual food fight?
- Would you rather be a reverse centaur or a reverse mermaid/merman?
- Would you rather super sensitive taste or super-sensitive hearing?
- Would you rather clean rest stop toilets or work in a slaughterhouse for a living?
- Would you rather wake up in the middle of an unknown desert or wake up in a rowboat on an unknown body of water?
- Would you rather have everything on your phone right now (browsing history, photos, etc.) made public to anyone who searches your name or never use a cell phone again?
More Would you rather Questions
Commonly asked questions about Spin the Bottle
Here we answer some frequently asked questions about Spin the Bottle:
Is Spin the Bottle appropriate?
Spin the Bottle is famous for being a kissing game, yet there are no strict rules that say you have to kiss the person that the bottle lands on. It all depends on how you play Spin the Bottle.
What do you do in Spin the Bottle?
The game is played by several players who sit or stand in a circle. A bottle is then placed on the floor in the center of the group. One player spins the bottle and must kiss the person whom the bottle points when it stops spinning. Alternatively, the person to whom the bottle is pointing must answer a question from the person who spun the bottle.
How do you kiss on spin the bottle?
After a player has spun the bottle and given a kiss to the person the bottle is pointing at, the person who was kissed gives the bottle a spin and gives a kiss to the person his or her spin lands on.
How do you play spin the bottle with friends?
Gather your friends, sit in a circle, and place an empty bottle in the middle. The youngest person starts spinning the bottle until it stops spinning and is pointing at another person. From there, you can decide to kiss or ask the person a question.
Can you play Spin the Bottle with 2 people?
Spin the Bottle can be a great way to get intimate with your significant other. Considering that you both kiss each other anyways, try asking personal questions to learn more about each other.
Have fun playing Spin the Bottle!