Are you a real Pokémon Master or just a show-off? Test your Pokémon knowledge with these questions!Party & Drinking Games 👇
We're hiring and looking for a fully remote UI/UX designer. Apply now!
- 💫 How to Play Pokémon Trivia
- 😃 Play Trivia Online
- 🥱 Easy Pokémon Trivia Questions
- 🤯 Hard Pokémon Trivia Questions
- 🤭 Bonus: Pokémon Trivia Facts
How to Play Pokémon Trivia
You wanna be the very best like no one ever was? Alright! However, you have a lot of competition and therefore a lot to prove! If you want to show everyone that you are the one and only true Pokémon Master, show us how much you know about the fabulous world of Pokémon!
We’ve collected a ton of Pokémon trivia questions for you to challenge your knowledge. Ranging from Easy Pokémon Trivia Questions to Hard Pokémon Trivia Questions, this will be no easy task! But fear not: If you can’t answer a question, you still learned something new!
In our opinion, Trivia Games are amazing! If you think so too, check out our wonderful article on Trivia Questions and Answers! Challenge your friends and see who knows more about history, geography, and science. Who is smarter when it comes to movies, music, and games? There’s only one way to find out!
Since you’ve come here, I guess you’re more interested in Pokémon-related stuff. I’m a big Poké Maniac myself, so check out our crazy quizzes about Pokémon!
Play Trivia Online
Are you looking for an even easier way to play Trivia? We wouldn’t be PsyCat Games if we couldn’t help you with that either!
Here’s an app and a web app for you and your friends to test your knowledge, participate against others and show everyone that you’re the smartest in town!
Join Trivia Live
Easy Pokémon Trivia Questions
The following Pokémon Trivia Questions are for those who want to start things off easily. If you can answer all questions here without breaking a sweat, you can continue onward without any hesitation to the Hard Pokémon Trivia Questions!
Challenge all Pokémon fans you know and find out who knows more about this franchise filled with Pocket Monsters!
Tip: Have you already done the following quiz: Pokémon Trivia: Which character are you based on your knowledge? If not, do so and test your knowledge on Pokémon-related stuff to find out which Pokémon character from the anime you are!
So, let’s start, shall we? Here are 15 easy Pokémon trivia questions for you to kick things off!
1. How is the nurse in the anime called that runs every Pokémon Center?
- Nurse Fun
- Nurse Merry
- Nurse Joy
- Nurse Cheer
That was an easy one, wasn’t it? But did you know that actually, it’s not the same nurse every time! Joy is just their last name. So it’s a family business!
2. Which of these Pokémon would be most affected by the move Hydro Pump?
Since Onyx is Ground and Rock Type, both weak to the Water Type move Hydro Pump, it gets four times as much damage! Charizard would only get twice as much damage, while the other two would be the least affected.
3. Which Pokémon attacked Professor Birch in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire?
You may now be wondering: But wasn’t it a Zigzagoon? That would only be true if the question was based on Pokémon Emerald!
4. Of the following Pokémon, which is the smallest?
Joltik is only 0’04” or 0.1 m tall. Tied with Flabébé, Cutiefly, Comfey, Cosmoem, and Sinistea, it is the smallest Pokémon.
5. How many forms of Unown are there?
Unown has one form for every letter in the Latin alphabet and got two new forms in Generation III: A question mark (?) and an exclamation mark (!).
6. Which of these is not a Psychic Type move?
- Psych Up
- Heart Stamp
Despite its name, Psych Up is actually a Normal Type move. It resets the user’s stat changes and copies those of the target onto the user.
7. Which of these Pokémon is part Flying Type?
Of the listed Pokémon, Tropius is the only one being part Flying Type. Its other type is Grass.
8. Which of these Pokémon is correctly spelled?
The others would be: Glameow, Igglybuff, and Wurmple.
9. Which Pokémon isn’t an evolution of Eevee?
Even though Lumineon is an existing Pokémon and its name sounds similar to other “Eeveelutions”, it’s not related to Eevee at all.
10. Which of these Pokémon does not evolve?
Castform can not evolve but has several different forms depending on weather effects.
11. Which of these Pokémon has the highest defense?
Shuckle has the highest Defense (230) of all Pokémon in their base form. Only Eternamax Eternatus has a higher Defense (250)! On the other hand, Chansey is very frail with only 5 Defense, making it and its pre-evolution the weakest Pokémon Defense-wise!
12. Which of these Pokémon is told to be the most beautiful?
Milotic is said to be the most beautiful Pokémon. In Generation III, you could only get one if your Feebas had an extremely high Beauty stat, which wasn’t an easy task! Now, all you need is to trade a Feebas with a Prism Scale in order to evolve it.
13. Which episode of the anime was banned after sending viewers to the hospital?
- Holiday Hi-Jynx
- Ditto’s Mysterious Mansion
- Pikachu’s Goodbye
- Electric Soldier Porygon
Electric Soldier Porygon
Electric Soldier Porygon was the 38th episode of the anime. It featured flashing strobe effects, which sent hundreds of Japanese people to the hospital. They had seizures, vomited, and much, much more! Since then, Porygon or its evolutions haven’t been featured in an episode.
14. Which of these is an official Pokémon Type?
The ??? Type existed in Generation II, III, and IV and was removed in Generation V. Its only attack was Curse, which was then changed to Ghost Type.
15. In Generation I, there was a rumor about the truck next to the S.S. Anne. What was supposedly hidden under it?
- A Lava Cookie
- An underground area
- TM 666
According to the rumor, if you used Strength on the truck, a wild Mew would appear beneath it, attacking the player. This rumor is untrue, though. Nothing can be found there in Generation I. But in FireRed and LeafGreen, a Lava Cookie is hidden next to the truck. In Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee!, a Revive respawns there every day.
So, how did you do? Found your match, or were these questions a piece of cake for you? Could you answer each and every one of them? Then it’s time to take on the hard Pokémon trivia questions!
Hard Pokémon Trivia Questions
Now that we’ve got the easy questions out of the way, we can commence with the hard ones! Finally!
But don’t let these hard questions get you down if you can’t answer them. These are especially tricky, so heads up! If you can answer all questions, you can call yourself a true Pokémon Master!
1. Which move does the most damage of them all?
- Hyper Beam
- Meteor Assault
Explosion has a power of 250, Hyper Beam of 150, Meteor Assault of 150, and Self-Destruct of 200. Like Self-Destruct, a Pokémon using Explosion causes it to faint after attacking.
2. Which of these towns is located in Sinnoh?
- Floaroma Town
- Pallet Town
- Mahogany Town
- Azalea Town
Floaroma Town is in Sinnoh and is known for its honey and vividly scented flowers that are growing everywhere.
3. Which Pokémon is number 50 in the National Dex?
Psyduck is number 54, Voltorb number 100, and Meowth is 52.
4. How heavy is Snorlax in kg?
- 460 kg
- 510 kg
- 980 kg
- 390 kg
Snorlax is exactly 460 kg or 1014.1 lbs heavy.
5. In which Pokémon’s Pokédex entry an Indian elephant is mentioned?
Raichu’s Pokédex entry from Pokémon FireRed states the following: “Its electric charges can reach even 100,000 volts. Careless contact can cause even an Indian elephant to faint.”
6. Which of these Pokémon would be least affected by the move Megahorn?
Since Talonflame is Fire Type and Flying Type, both being strong against the Bug Type move Megahorn, it only gets a quarter of the damage! Primeape would only get half the damage, Snorlax an average amount, and Espeon would even get twice as much damage because it’s weak against Bug Type moves!
7. Which of these Pokémon changes type when it evolves?
When Nidorina evolves into Nidoqueen, it gains the Ground Type to its Poison Type.
8. Which of these Pokémon is categorized as the Tiger Cat Pokémon by the Pokédex?
Weird that it’s not categorized as the ugly Pokémon, huh?
9. Which of these Pokémon can’t learn Bubble Beam?
Totodile and its evolutions can’t learn Bubble Beam despite being Water Type Pokémon! Kabuto and Cubone can’t learn it as well by leveling up, but by TM and/or breeding, they can!
10. Which of these Fire Type moves does the most damage?
- Fire Blast
- Shell Trap
Fire Blast has a power of 110, Overheat of 130, Shell Trap of 150, and V-Create of staggering 180! V-Create is the signature move of Victini!
11. According to the Pokédex, which Ghost Type Pokémon is actually a dead child?
Phantump’s Pokédex entry from Pokémon Y states the following: “According to old tales, these Pokémon are stumps possessed by the spirits of children who died while lost in the forest.”
12. Which of these Pokémon does not evolve with friendship?
Every Pokémon here evolves with friendship, except for Wynaut, which evolves at level 15 to Wobbuffet.
13. When the Detective Pikachu movie was announced, fans wanted which actor to do Pikachu’s voice?
- Steven Ogg
- Danny DeVito
- Patrick Stewart
- Seth MacFarlane
As we all know, Ryan Reynolds voices Pikachu in the movie. But a lot of fans preferred Danny DeVito. There was even a petition! But sadly, DeVito was not interested.
14. Which Pokémon’s poop is mentioned in Pokémon White’s Pokédex?
The Pokédex entry reads: “Darumaka’s droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm.”
15. Which of these Pokémon shares the name of a famous Dragon Ball Z character in Japanese?
In Japanese, Articuno and the DBZ antagonist Frieza are both called “Furīzā”.
So, how did you do? Were these questions too hard for you? Or were you able to prove to everyone in the world that you’re a true Pokémon Master!
Don’t forget to share this article with all your Poké Maniac friends! Find out who’s the smartest when it comes to Pokémon!
Bonus: Pokémon Trivia Facts
Since you’ve come this far, we’ve got a little something for you. Here are ten interesting Pokémon Trivia Facts you ought to know if you’re a true fan!
1. Rhydon was the first Pokémon created.
According to Ken Sugimori, the primary designer of the games, Rhydon was the first Pokémon ever created, despite being number 112 in the Pokédex.
2. Arcanine was originally meant to be a legendary Pokémon.
Arcanine was supposed to take Moltres’ place in the games before the designers came to the conclusion that two birds and one dog wouldn’t make much sense.
3. Pokémon Gold and Silver were meant to be the last games.
At one point in time, the creators of Pokémon thought that the hype around their games would soon perish. That’s why they created Gold and Silver with the intention of becoming the “ultimate” Pokémon games!
4. The only games to show the player’s father are Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and their remakes.
In every other game (until 2021 at least), the players only meet their mothers.
5. Pokémon is the only video game to appear on the front cover of TIME magazine.
Pokémon was on the cover of TIME magazine on November 22, 1999, which was a huge deal!
6. There are over 4 billion variants to the pattern on the face of a Spinda.
Did you know: The pattern of the dots on Spinda’s face is based on its personality value!
7. The weaknesses of Psychic-type Pokémon are based on common fears.
We probably all know someone who’s afraid of the Dark, Ghosts, or Bugs!
8. Wobbuffet’s body is not its real body.
Actually, its black “tail” is supposed to be its body! The rest is just a punching bag!
9. Nidoran ♀ can breed, but its evolutions cannot.
Interestingly, Nidoran ♀ is the only Pokémon that loses its ability to breed upon evolution. No one knows why that’s the case, though!
10. Originally, in Red/Blue/Green, Professor Oak was supposed to be the final boss.
His Pokémon were much stronger than those of the Champion Blue. This battle can still be entered using cheat codes or glitches, though!
✍️ September 17, 2021