Online Party Games
If you are looking for some ideas on how to amp up your virtual party with friends, this is what you’ve been looking for! Here is a rundown of the most-played crowd-favorites when it comes to online party games.✍️ October 4, 2022
- 😎 1. 5 Second Battle
- 🥳 2. Charades
- 🤩 3. Most Likely To
- 😋 4. Never Have I Ever
- 😇 5. Pass the Bomb
- 😆 6. This or That
- 🎨 7. Drawly
- 🧠 8. Trivia Quiz
- 😍 9. Truth or Dare
- 😛 10. Would You Rather
You might think that virtual parties are all boring, but since the new normal has brought about the rise of online and virtual gatherings, you have to do what you can to make the most of your time and take your online party to the next level!
Check out these top online party games that are certified favorites and will probably be your go-to party games for all your virtual gatherings:
1. 5 Second Battle
The 5 Second Battle is a fast-talking enumeration game that gives each player exactly 5 seconds during each of their turns or each round. This game tests the players’ focus, wit, and speed in answering questions. Slowpokes will definitely feel out of place during this game.
How To Play 5 Second Battle
The rules in playing the 5 Second Battle are pretty easy and simple to follow:
- Players must agree on the order of their turns and familiarize the order.
- The first player gets to ask the first question to the next player.
- The questions will most likely be asking the next player to enumerate three things given the category that the first player asked for (e.g. Name three brands of shoes).
- The following players will try to answer without repeating the previously used answers in just 5 seconds.
- Any player who repeats an answer or fails to answer within 5 seconds will be out of the game.
- The round goes on until only one player remains.
5 Second Battle Questions Ideas
Here are some great questions you can try for your upcoming 5 Second Battle:
- Name three US presidents.
- Name three Disney princesses.
- Name three Pixar movies.
- Name three yellow fruits.
- Name three Harry Potter books.
👉 Want to know more about 5 Second Battle? Click the link and have some fun!
Charades is an all-time favorite game that is very simple that you can also play it virtually. It’s a guessing game, and all you have to do is take turns trying to guess what the other player or other team is trying to act out.
How To Play Charades
Here are the simple and easy steps to play charades:
- Split the group into two teams.
- The first team will be the ones to guess during the first round.
- The second team will be the ones to act.
- The second team will decide on a particular word given a certain category decided and known to everyone.
- They should try to act out the word and let the other team guess without talking or using any sounds.
- Each round is one-minute-long.
- If the first team guesses the word correctly, they get the score for the round.
- If not, the second team gets the score.
Can’t wait to get started? Here are some sample word ideas you can use:
- Taylor Swift
- The Sound of Music
- Mango Tree
👉 Get more Charades ideas by clicking this link!
3. Most Likely To
Most Likely To is a getting-to-know-you game that will reveal who is most likely among the players or the group to do something or become something. The simplicity of the game is what truly makes it an all-time favorite. You can play it online or in person since you don’t have to be physically together to play it.
How To Play Most Likely To
Here are the steps to playing this verbal game online with your family and friends:
- Players agree on the order of their turns.
- The first player asks a question that starts with “Who is most likely to…?”
- The whole group agrees and decides who among them is the perfect answer to the question.
- The game goes on until you all run out of questions to ask.
Most Likely To Questions
Can’t think of any more questions to ask? Check these ones out:
- Who is most likely to fart at the wrong time?
- Who is most likely to cry at a movie?
- Who is most likely to excel in class?
- Who is most likely to be the wealthiest person in the group?
- Who is most likely to be the most famous?
👉 In need of more Most Likely To ideas? Follow the link and have some fun!
4. Never Have I Ever
Never Have I Ever is another verbal and drinking game that will surely let you get to know how much experience your fellow players have in life. It’s simple and if all of you are honest during the game, you’ll surely be able to open up and feel closer to each other, especially with all the liquid confidence you’ll get from your chosen alcoholic beverages.
How To Play Never Have I Ever
All you have to do is let each player say “Never have I ever..” followed by something they’ve never done before. Then all the other players who have already done it should take a shot. This game will surely make you happily drunk!
👉 Get to know this game more by following this link: Never Have I Ever
5. Pass the Bomb
Pass the Bomb is a word game for family and friends. It’s fast-paced and will surely test your focus and your vocabulary.
How To Play Pass the Bomb
Pass the Bomb is a game where players pass around a “ticking time bomb” while they talk about certain things. The “ticking time bomb” is usually an item with a timer, for example: A smartphone.
The game starts when one activates the time bomb and starts talking. As soon as they are finished, they hand the time bomb over to the next player. Nobody is allowed to repeat anything from a previous player! Whoever holds the bomb when it explodes is out of the game.
👉 Want to know more about the game? Follow this link and have some booming fun: Pass the Bomb!
6. This or That
This or That is another very simple verbal game that is all about trying to get to know your fellow players by asking them to choose between two things or options. Take note that this is a fast-paced game. The first answer that pops into your head should be the final answer. No overthinking!
This or That Ideas
Here are some sample This or That questions to ask:
- Winter or Summer?
- Pink or Blue?
- Dark or Light?
- Long or Short?
- Drama or Thriller?
👉 Up for more This or That ideas? Follow the link and find out more!
Drawly is a unique online game that challenges players to be quick and creative! Whether you want to play with friends or family members, or challenge people from all over the world, Drawly is the perfect game for you.
How to Play Drawly
The rules of Drawly are simple - one player chooses a word and then draws a picture of it. The other players have to guess the word, and the faster they guess, the more points they receive.
Drawly is an excellent game for people of all ages and abilities, as it relies on creative thinking and quick reflexes. So whether you think you can’t draw or are an artist at heart, give Drawly a try - it’s sure to be a fun and challenging experience!
Ready to try out your drawing skills? Follow this link and start playing:
8. Trivia Quiz
Trivia Quiz is all about exercising those brain cells and trying to answer as many trivia questions as you can to get the most points and win the game. This game will need a game master to ask the questions and announce the correct answers for checking afterward. It’s a game that tests your general knowledge and ability to think under pressure.
👉 Can’t think of any Trivia Questions? Follow the link a enjoy an array of varied trivia questions from all sorts of categories!
9. Truth or Dare
Truth or Dare is a classic favorite because it’s very simple! You just need to ask your friends to honestly answer questions or bid them to do a task. The questions and dares can range from easy to funny to deep ones! This is a perfect online party game for those who would like to get to know each other better.
Here are some questions you can ask if a player picks Truth:
- What is your saddest memory?
- Who was your hatest person in school and why?
- How many times have you failed in class?
- Who is your biggest crush of all time?
- Have you ever fallen in love with someone of the same gender?
Here are some famous dares used for this game if you were to play it online:
- Turn on your favorite beat and dance to it while we watch you live.
- Take off your shirt and flex your muscles.
- Greet your crush, and we will record it.
- Tweet “I love you @someone you hate.”
- React to all the pictures ever posted by someone on their IG feed.
👉 Would you dare to play Truth or Dare? Follow this link for the official Truth or Dare game rules, ideas and more!
10. Would You Rather
Would You Rather is a game you can play wherever and whenever, so it’s perfect for virtual and online parties. Just like This or That, you will each be asked which of the two options you’d pick in a heartbeat!
Would You Rather Questions
Here are some questions you can ask during the game:
- Would you rather eat veggies or fruits?
- Would you rather kill someone or be killed?
- Would you rather have an Android phone or an iPhone?
- Would you rather watch Star Wars or Lord of the Rings?
- Would you rather be able to fly or turn back time?
👉 Follow this link for more Would You Rather questions for you to try: Would You Rather!
In these fast-paced and high-tech times, we should all be able to catch up and make the most of what technology has to offer. Focus on the positive effects and benefits that it brings and connect with one another! If you want to level up your party with some alcohol, head over to our collection of online drinking games!