New Year's Eve Drinking Games
New Year's Eve is coming. And we have put together a list of the best drinking games for your party night! Bring out the bubbly and welcome the new year with a bang!Party & Drinking Games 👇
As the year comes to an end, we always throw one last big party to celebrate the past year and welcome the new year. And what better way to ring in the new year by playing drinking games and having a good time with family and friends?
New Year’s Eve games are awesome because anyone can easily join in on the fun! Whether you have close friends, acquaintances or friends of friends coming to your party, it’s a great way for people to connect and celebrate!
The only thing that guests need to do is to play some fun party games. With loads of alcohol. Whether you have a big party with lots of strangers or a cozy gathering with your closest friends, drinking games will make your New Year’s Eve party more fun!
- New Year’s Eve Drinking Games Overview
- New Year’s Eve Game Ideas
- Games to Play at a New Year’s Eve Party
- New Year Games To Play
- New Year’s Eve Party Game Ideas
New Year’s Eve Drinking Games Overview
We’ve collected some drinking games for you to play on every New Year’s Eve party. Just click on the name of the game and you will automatically scroll to the respective drinking game.
Drinking Games that you need to play on New Year’s Eve
👉 We’ve sorted the list by popularity. Let’s have a look:
🤭 Never have I ever...
Dirty. Sexy. Unrestricted.
Perfect to get to know new people. (18+)
Jenga as a drinking game
These rules make Jenga even more fun.
Fast setup. Fast gameplay. Hard liquor.
The most popular card drinking game.
Ride the Bus
Probably the toughest drinking game ever.
🚌 = 🍺🍺🍺
UNO as a Drinking Game
Everybody loves it and it's even more fun with alcohol.
Who will be the lucky one to get drunk?
Each minute a shot.
Wasted in no-time. 😁
Never have I ever… 🤭
Never have I ever is my personal favorite. It’s the best drinking game for getting to know new people. Just be careful because even when you’re playing with your friends, it might bring out some dirty little secrets!
One more thing: Never have I ever get’s really fast, really dirty. 😏
The oldest player within your party round starts the game by saying: “Never have I ever…”
Never have I ever had sex on a New Year’s Eve party.
Anyone who has ever had sex on a New Year’s Eve party in your round has to drink now.
If no one can agree with the statement, then the player who made the statement must drink. Then it goes on clockwise and the next player meets the next statement, again starting with “Never have I ever”.
We’ve put together a list of statements for “Never have I ever”:
- taken food out of a trash can and eaten it.
- peed a friend’s bed and then not told them.
- cried during sex.
- dined and dashed.
- had a sex date with someone I had met online.
- accidentally sent nudes to the wrong person.
- peed in the shower.
- masturbated in a public bathroom.
- looked through someone’s phone without permission.
- smelled my used panties.
- had period sex.
- sold my dirty panties online.
- sent a dick pic.
- smelled someone else’s panties.
- recorded talking to myself with a camera.
- done hard drugs.
- been to a rave party.
- been caught embarrassingly dancing in my room all by myself.
- fallen on the floor whilst dancing in a club.
- injured someone during sex.
- injured myself during sex.
- bragged about something I have not done.
- doubted my sexuality.
- made fun of someone.
- liked a song by Nickelback.
- made a picture of my genitals just to see what they look like.
- lied in this game.
- been kicked out of a store or bar.
- said “I love you” without meaning it.
- thrown a booger on the floor.
- kissed someone of the same sex.
- gone skinny dipping.
- had slept with someone twice my age.
- had sex with a friend’s mom or dad.
- had a crush on a relative.
- accidentally shat in the bathtub.
“Never have I ever” - App
If you want to have it even easier, we even have an app made for “Never have I ever”. The app will randomly display various questions and you just need to read them out. Very dirty questions!
Jenga as a Drinking Game
The Jenga rules remain the same, but individual stones are labeled. If you drag one of these labeled stones, you must perform the action associated with the label. The stones can be labeled arbitrarily.
Here are some ideas for potential labels:
In one go
Drink your drink on Ex.
The smallest player has to drink three times and may then appoint someone who also has to drink three times.
Drink a tequila shot
Name three bands from the eighties or drink three times.
Name three bands from the seventies or drink three times.
The ship goes down, everyone has to drink his drink.
More Jenga drinking games label ideas
For Jenga as a drinking game, there are still countless labeling ideas. If you need inspiration, have a look at our list:
👉 Jenga Label Ideas
Looping Loui as a Drinking Game
In order to play Looping Loui as a drinking game, of course you need the base game Looping Loui.
The rules are simple:
If you lose your coin 👉 Drink 🍺
Looping Loui is even more fun with shots instead of beer.
Kings Cup or Big Kings Cup is one of the most popular drinking games. Known everywhere, the game is played at every party or celebration. For Kings Cup only one card deck is needed.
Kings Cup set-up
A deck of cards is spread over the table face down. A drink is placed in the middle.
Procedures and rules of Kings Cup
Kings Cup is played round by the round in a clockwise direction. Each turn, a player turns over an unturned card. Each card represents an action. When a card is turned over, the player who turned the card executes the action assigned to the card.
Kings Cup basic rules
Waterfall - All players must drink for so long and may not stop until the person stops drinking at their right. The first person allowed to stop is the person who turned the card over.
The player may choose a person to drink.
The player must drink himself.
All ladies at the table have to drink.
All guys drink.
Everyone has to put his left hand on his head. The last one who does this drinks.
The player chooses a friend who must drink with him.
Rhyme - The player may choose a word and clockwise the next player has to figure it out. If no rhyme comes to mind, he has to drink.
Thumbking - The player may choose a position for the other players, to whom he puts his thumb. Every time he puts his thumb in that spot, the other players have to do the same. The player who puts his thumb last on this spot must drink. The Daumenkönig may repeat this as often as he wishes.
The player must finish the drink in the middle. The drink is then replenished.
Categories - The player is allowed to choose a category. Example: car brand. Clockwise - starting with the player who called the category - everyone must mention a car brand. The player who can not think, must drink.
Rule - The player may set a rule or remove a rule. An example of a rule is: Each player may only drink with his left hand. If someone drinks with his right hand, he must drink again. At the bottom of the page we show some examples of further rules.
Kings Cup Online
If you don’t have a map deck at hand, here’s a app that’s designed to play Kings Cup online. It has all cards and rules in:
Play Kings Cup online
🚌 Ride the Bus
Ride the Bus is probably one of the toughest drinking games I know. Even the most alcohol-resistant players who can usually put away 5-6 beers without any problems ended up too drunk after one round of Ride the Bus to see the fireworks.
For Ride the Bus only one card deck is needed.
The rules for the drinking game Ride the Bus are a bit more complex and need a bit more explanation than the other drinking games in this list, so we’ve put them together on a separate page:
👉 Ride the Bus Rules
UNO as a Drinking Game
Of course, as one of the most popular card games in the world, UNO also offers a party and drinking game variation. Anyone who doesn’t have UNO in the household, can get UNO dirty cheap on Amazon for only $4.97.
👉 UNO on Amazon
UNO Drinking Game Rules:
Mix the cards and you’re ready to go. The youngest player always starts. Then continue clockwise. Here are the rules that make UNO a drinking show:
You have to drink if:
- You draw the same color as the player before you.
- You draw the same number as the player before you.
- If you draw a suspension card, you may choose a player to drink.
- With a return card the direction is changed just like with the normal Uno.
- With a draw-two card, the player who next draws a card drinks. (If your Draw Two card is the same color as the previous card, you must drink as well.)
- For a plus-four-card: everybody has to drink.
Play until all cards have been drawn.
Additional rules for UNO as a drinking game
We have written down some additional rules for UNO that make the drinking game even more intense: 👉 Additional rules for UNO
Russian roulette is a drinking game in which luck and skill are important. Since there is only one cup filled with vodka on each side and the opposing team does not know which one it is, a hit can often be enough to avert the worst and plunge the opponent into misfortune.
Things You Need for Russian Roulette
- 12 Beer Pong Cups
- a Ping Pong Ball
- Vodka or other hard liquor
- A big table
Guides and rules for the drinking game Russian Roulette:
A team starts and tries to throw the ping pong ball into the cup of the opponents. If he succeeds, the opposing team must drink the cup and take it off the table. After every throw, as usual in Russian roulette, the opposing team’s turn. The winner is the team that first hits all the opponent’s cups. The losing team must also drink the remaining cups of the winning team.
Since there is already music playing in the background on almost all New Year’s Eve parties, you can also hit a power hour mix. Because Power Hour is a drinking game based on music, where every minute a shot of beer is drunk.
What is a Power Hour Mix?
A power hour mix is a mixture of several songs, each lasting only one minute. After that the next song will be played.
On Soundcloud there are countless Power Hour Mixes for free:
Power Hour Music Mix
This is how Power Hour works:
Each player places a shot glass in front of them (or simply a beer bottle), and with every song change, the shot is drunk, or a sip taken from the beer.
Power Hour can be played casually without you playing “actively” a drinking game.
New Year’s Eve Game Ideas
Welcoming the new year is the perfect time to look back at what you and your friends have been through in the past year. Here are some New Year’s Eve game ideas that will make you reminisce over the past while making you more excited for the new year to come!
1. Name that Tune New Year’s Eve Edition
Name that Tune is a fun game to play while listening to your favorite music. It’s also a great game to play during your New Year’s Eve party!
All you need to do is to divide your guests into 2-3 groups depending on how many people you have. Create a playlist of the best songs for 2021 or if you want to make it a bit more personal, try playing your Spotify Wrapped 2021 playlist! It’s a great way to check if you and your friends have similar tastes in music!
To play the New Year’s Eve edition of Name that Tune New Year’s Eve, the teams should listen to songs from your playlist at the same time. The first team to shout out the correct song title and/or artist of the song gets corresponding points!
Here’s how your point system can work:
- Song Title = 1 point
- Artist = 2 points
Remember also to mix up the genres when you play the songs to make it more exciting! This game is a great way to look back at the best songs of the past year and what you were doing when the songs became popular.
The group with the most correct answer wins the game. For the remaining groups, make them take a drink and ask them to dance to one of the songs as their punishment!
One thing’s for sure, it will remind you of the songs from all the viral TikTok videos you watched in 2021!
Here are some songs that you can include in your game:
- Say So - Doja Cat
- Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
- Boss Bitch - Doja Cat
- Love Story - Taylor Swift
- Dynamite - BTS
- WAP - Cardi B
- Savage Love - Jason Derulo
- Blinding Lights - The Weeknd
- Rain on Me - Lady Gaga
- Yummy - Justin Bieber
2. Guess Which Guest
Find out what’s going on in your party guests’ lives with a game of Guess Which Guest. This game is perfect for a small group of friends who haven’t seen each other for a while, or for a big group with people from social circles who may not know each other.
All you need to do is to create a list of facts about your guests. These could be something significant that happened to them in the past year such as, “quit my job”, “went on a safari”, “got engaged”, “received a job promotion”, etc.
Print your list and include a blank next to each fact where your guests will have to write which other guest fits the statement. Your guests can go around asking each other questions to figure out which names match the statements on the list. The guest with the most number of correct matches wins the game!
Give the losers a round of penalty drinks. You could give them beer, tequila or your very own New Year’s Eve cocktail drink.
3. New Year’s Eve Charades
You can never go wrong with a classic game of charades. It’s a game that you can play for any occasion including New Year’s Eve! Another great thing about it is that it’s easy to customize according to people’s tastes!
Depending on how many people you have, divide your guests into small or big groups. The main objective of charades is to guess a word or phrase that a person from the opposing team is acting out.
Here are some New Year-themed words that you can include in your game of New Year’s Eve charades:
- new year
- father time
Want to add another unique twist to your game?
Include major events that happened in the past year. These could be current events such as the latest national elections, pop cultures such as the latest Marvel movies that came out, or even personal big events that happened within your circle of friends, such as weddings, babies, or even promotions at work!
Every time a team makes a wrong guess, make them drink a round of penalty drinks. It’s a fun consequence for not staying up to date with what’s going on!
You’ll have a blast guessing the words while reminiscing about the past year at the same time!
If you want to throw in words not related to the New Year, here are more words that you can use for charades.
4. Pop Culture Trivia
How well do you remember which people or events defined the past year? Test your and your party guests’ pop culture knowledge with a trivia game!
To play Pop Culture Trivia, prepare your questions in advance. Since you know the questions, you will also have to act as the Trivia Quiz Show Host.
Decide if you want people to play individually or divide them into groups.
The players with the most correct answers win the game! You can give them gift cards as their prize. Don’t forget the losers! Make the rest of the players drink as their penalty so that there’s something for everyone!
Here are some questions that you can ask:
- Who sings the song “Say So” that’s behind the popular TikTok dance? Answer: Doja Cat
- On which social media platform did Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announce they were stepping down as senior royals? Answer: Instagram
- Question: Troy Bolton’s dad in High School Musical is the brother-in-law of which famous actress in real-life? Answer: Blake Lively
- Question: Which NBA star died in a helicopter crash? Answer: Kobe Bryant
- Question: What are the names of the Sanderson sisters from Hocus Pocus? Answer: Winifred, Mary, and Sarah
- Question: What is the name of the Netflix docuseries about Joe Exotic? Answer: Tiger King
- Question: Which Avenger other than Captain America was able to pick up Thor’s Mjolnir in the Marvel movies? Answer: Vision
- Question: Which film won Best Picture at the Oscars in 2020? Answer: Parasite
- Question: What are the names of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s kids? Answer: North, Saint, Chicago & Psalm
- Question: What does the acronym SMH stand for? Answer: Shaking My Head.
Want more questions? Check out our Party Trivia Quiz app.
5. New Year’s Eve Truth or Dare
What’s a party without a game of Truth or Dare? When you think of a new year, you think of new beginnings. Welcome the new year head-on and start the year a little bit more daring!
Make sure to gather everyone in a circle first. To officially start the game, someone has to spin an empty soda bottle. The player where the bottleneck ends up points to needs to choose if they want to answer a truth question or do a dare instead.
This game is a fun way to discover new sides to your friends whether they share a secret or do something totally unexpected!
Here are some Truth or Dare questions that you can try out:
New Year’s Eve Dares
- Sing New York, New York while dancing.
- Give every player a New Year’s resolution.
- DM your crush and tell them to have a Happy New Year.
- Pretend to be a cuckoo clock at the stroke of midnight
- Wear all your clothes inside out
- End every sentence you say for the rest of the game with “and Happy New Year!”
- Jump three times while saying, “I wish I’ll grow taller next year.”
New Year’s Eve Truth Questions
- How would you like to celebrate the holidays this year?
- Where did you have your first kiss?
- Have you kissed a complete stranger before?
- Did you ever break a guy/ girl’s heart before?
- Have you ever pretended to be sick because you were too lazy to have a night out with your friends?
- What is the first item on your bucket list?
- What is something that you really want to achieve for next year?
Don’t have time to prepare your Truth or Dare questions, download our Truth or Dare app to find more!
You can also skip the dares and go straight to drinking!
Play Truth or Drink online
Games to Play at a New Year’s Eve Party
As we ring in the new year, people start writing down their New Year’s Resolutions and thinking about all the awesome things that they will look forward to in the coming year!
Welcome the new year with exciting party games that will make you think about all the possibilities that another new year brings!
1. Fool’s Fortune
This is a fun game that will create a festive mood for any New Year’s party. Before your guests arrive, prepare sheets of paper with the words, “In the coming year, I will…”.
Give the sheets of paper to your guests once they arrive and tell them to complete the sentence. Essentially, they will create predictions for the coming year! Tell them to get creative with their statements. The crazier their statements are, the funnier it will be!
Put all the sheets of paper in an empty fish bowl or hat. Shuffle the sheets around and ask your guests to take turns picking a “fortune”. Make them read their “fortunes” in front of everyone. Everyone will die laughing hearing each other’s crazy “fortunes”.
Here are some “fortunes” to get you started:
- In the coming year, I will… work in the circus.
- In the coming year, I will… be on television.
- In the coming year, I will… live in Paris.
- In the coming year, I will… write a book.
- In the coming year, I will… marry someone shorter than you.
- In the coming year, I will… travel the world alone.
- In the coming year, I will… have a surprise visitor.
- In the coming year, I will… invent something.
- In the coming year, I will… marry someone rich.
- In the coming year, I will… win the lottery.
- In the coming year, I will… get married.
- In the coming year, I will… get a pet cat.
2. Most Likely To
Welcoming a new year makes everyone think about the future which is why the game Most Likely To is perfect for a New Year’s party!
How to play
- You and your friends to take turns asking questions on who is most likely to do a particular thing.
- Then everyone, at the same time, points to the player who is most likely to do the thing that was mentioned.
- The player with the most fingers pointed at them takes a drink.
- Repeat until everyone has asked a question or until you get tired of playing or laughing.
You’ll hear more creative statements the longer you play!
It’s a completely biased and unscientific way of predicting the future that will have you and your friends laughing the whole time!
Here is a list of some Most Likely To questions to give you inspiration:
- Who is most likely to give up on their New Year’s resolution within 1 week into the new year?
- Who is most likely to die of something stupid?
- Who is most likely to embarrass themselves in front of their secret crush / known crush?
- Who is most likely to burp in a crowded room?
- Who is most likely to get married within the year?
- Who is most likely to age gracefully?
- Who is most likely to be forever single?
- Who is most likely to fall asleep at the start of a movie?
- Who is most likely to get in a fight over a silly thing?
- Who is most likely to fail a simple test?
- Who is most likely to punch a wall out of frustration?
- Who is most likely to marry a celebrity?
- Who is the most likely to get plastic surgery?
- Who is most likely to make it in the Guinness Book of World Records?
- Who is the most likely to travel the world?
- Who is most likely to have a friend with benefits?
Need more ideas? Here’s a list of more Most Likely To Questions that you can check out!
Play Most Likely To online
3. Two Resolutions and a Lie
Do you and your friends like making New Year’s resolutions at the start of the year? Find out what you and your friends’ resolutions are for the coming year with a game of Two Resolutions and a Lie!
Sounds familiar? It’s the New Year’s version of Two Truths and a Lie!
All you need to do is to have players give two New Year’s resolutions and a made-up resolution. They need to say the three resolutions in front of all the party guests. It’s up to them to figure out which resolution is the lie!
Every time someone mistakes the fake resolution for the real one, make them take a drink!
This can get confusing especially if you have friends who can’t stick to their resolutions! When people say, “I will go on a serious diet.”, you need to figure out if it’s true or not!
4. Would You Rather Drinking Game
Would You Rather is an easy yet hilarious game to play that will fit right in with your New Year’s Eve party.
Let your guests take turns asking questions that start with, “Would you rather…” They need to complete the question with two different scenarios that the rest of the players will need to choose from.
For example: Would you rather spend New Year at home with your family or on a tropical beach in another country all by yourself?
Once the player gives out the question, the rest of the players should shout out loud their choice. The players who picked the losing option need to take a drink.
The crazier the choices are, the more fun it is for everyone!
Here are some New Year’s-themed Would You Rather Questions to get you started:
- Would you rather clean up confetti in Times Square or clean up after your family’s New Year’s meal?
- Would you rather give up Instagram or TikTok for the coming new year?
- Would you rather drink champagne or tequila on New Year’s Eve?
- Would you rather repeat the past year or move on to the new year?
- Would you rather drink a toast every ten seconds with your friends or give one toast in front of a huge crowd?
If you want other themes for your questions, go through our list of 500+ Would You Rather Questions!
Play Would You Rather online
5. Kiss Countdown
Want to do a little matchmaking for New Year? If you have a lot of single guests coming, make them play Kiss Countdown! It’s a casual way for people to socialize and get to know each other.
Who knows a new couple just might be born for the new year!
How to play
- Prepare several bags of Hershey’s Kisses chocolates before the party.
- Give each female guest 5-7 Hershey’s Kisses once they arrive at the party venue.
- Tell your female guests that they can give their Hershey’s Kisses to any of the male guests.
- The male guests should compete with each other to appeal to the ladies so that they can collect the most number of Hershey’s Kisses.
- The male guests can do fun serenades, blurt out cheesy pick-up lines, or whatever else they can do to sweep the ladies off their feet!
- The female guests should carefully choose who to give their Hershey’s Kisses to as well since the final male winner gets to pick the female winner!
- The male guest with the most number of Hershey’s Kisses wins the game!
Although an actual kiss from a female guest may not be their prize, give the winner something that they can enjoy like a case of beer or a gift card.
To finish the game, ask the male winner to pick a female winner who will also receive the prize.
For the players who lost, tell your male and female guests to pair up and drink glasses of champagne with their arms linked!
New Year Games To Play
Looking for ideas on what games to play during the New Year?
Here’s our list of New Year Games that has a little something for your different groups of friends! Some games may seem silly at first, but you’ll realize that they’re hilarious and fun after all!
What matters is that you and your guests just have a good time celebrating the new year!
1. Name Game
If you want a more laidback game, try out the Name Game. This game is perfect if you have various groups of friends attending your New Year’s Eve party. It’s is an easy way for them to mingle and have fun with each other!
How to play
- Once your guests start arriving, make them write a name on a piece of paper. This could be a celebrity, fictional character, or even one of the guests.
- Gather all the pieces of paper with names on it and mix them together in a large bowl.
- Divide your guests into groups and make each group take turns in guessing the names on the slip of paper.
- One player from the group will give verbal hints while the rest can ask questions to get hints on the name written on the paper.
- Both groups take turns playing, and the group with the most number of correct answers wins the game!
Want to give it a New Year’s twist?
Try to list names of people who made a lot of buzz in the past year. Donald Trump, anyone?
2. Ball Drop
Players should stand on top of a chair and try to drop ping pong balls into a bucket on the ground behind the chair. Since the players won’t see the bucket, they will have to make guesses on where they drop their balls.
Set 30 seconds to 1 minute for the time limit. The first player to successfully drop their ping pong balls into the bucket wins!
It’s no Times Square New Year’s Eve ball drop, but it’s still loads of fun to play!
3. Tiara Toss
Your New Year’s Eve-themed tiaras are not just props for the photo wall. Use them in a game of Tiara Toss!
All you need to do is to have three New Year’s Eve-themed tiaras and some kind of post or furniture where a tiara can land when tossed. For example, this can be a broomstick, the leg of a chair, a coat rack, etc.
Make the players line up and take turns in tossing the tiaras into the target “post”. Once they have tossed all their tiaras but did not shoot all three into the “post”, the next player in line takes their turn. This goes on until there is a player that successfully shoots all three tiaras into the “post”!
Hold a mock crowning ceremony to officially crown the winner with their tiara which they can wear for the rest of the party!
4. Face the Cookie Future
This is a silly game to play once your guests have become a little tipsy and have already loosened up. Try to get as many people as you want to join this game to make it funnier.
To start this game, provide each player with one cookie. Once all the players are ready, tell them to tilt their head back and place the cookie on their forehead. The players need to move the cookie from their forehead to their mouth while only using their face muscles with the help of gravity! Absolutely no hands allowed!
The first person to get their cookie in their mouth without dropping it wins the game! You can give them a nice New Year’s hat party hat as their prize!
5. New Year’s Eve Photo Scavenger Hunt
A photo scavenger hunt is the easier and more modern way of doing a scavenger hunt these days. Adults, teens, and kids can have fun playing this game depending on the kinds of treasure that they need to hunt.
How to play
- Divide your guests into teams of 4-5 people and provide each team with their copy of the scavenger hunt list.
- Give the teams at least 10 minutes to go around the party venue to take photos of the items on the scavenger hunt list.
- Ask them to do a funny pose with the items to make the game more exciting.
- Don’t forget to hide some of the items before your guests arrive!
- The team that has the most photos or funniest photos at the end of the game wins!
Try to do this during the early part of your party when your guests are not drunk yet!
Here are some New Year-themed items that you can include in your scavenger hunt list:
- a Happy New Year balloon
- party hat
- champagne glass
- glow stick
- something glittery
- Christmas lights
New Year’s Eve Party Game Ideas
Playing crazy games is an exciting way to spend time with your family and closest friends as you wait to ring in the new year. Here are some easy games that are guaranteed to make your New Year’s Eve Party an absolute hit with your guests!
1. Pass the Hat
This is a quick game to get the party mood started!
First of all, you need a hat. It could be a top hat, a fedora, cone party hat, or any kind of hat. It would even be better if you can get a New Year’s hat!
Once you have your hat, gather your guests in a circle and make them pass the hat from head to head without using their hands. If someone drops the hat, they’re out of the game and will have to take a drink. You can prepare your special New Year cocktail drink or make them drink beer for their penalty!
The last player left wins the game! Give them a fun prize that they can use for the coming year!
2. Song Matching
Here’s a New Year’s Eve game for people who love music!
Ask your guests to write a few lines from a song on a piece of paper. Cut the paper in half and give the slips of paper to your guests. Set a fixed time and tell your guests to find the person that completes the song lyrics written on their piece of paper.
Give a prize for the first pair that is able to find their matches! For people who didn’t find their matches, make them take a shot of tequila! This is an awesome way to bond over people’s favorite songs!
3. New Year’s Eve Champagne Play Race
Who thinks that drinking champagne is a must when ringing in the new year?
If bringing out the bubbly is a must for your New Year’s Eve party, then you will love a New Year’s Eve Champagne Play Race!
How to play
- Choose five people or more and make them sit in front of a table.
- Each of the players should have a big bowl filled with champagne, an empty champagne glass, and a teaspoon in front of them.
- The players will then need to fill their empty glass with champagne from the bowl using only the teaspoon!
- The first person to fill their champagne glass wins! Don’t forget to drink the champagne!
4. Drinking Game - Party Animals
This is a simple drinking party game where people need to know a lot of animals, and they need to stay on their toes to answer correctly. The thing is if you’re drinking, the game becomes so much more challenging and hilarious!
Before the game starts, make sure that you have your penalty drink of choice is nearby. One suggestion is to use Jell-O shots for this. Make everyone sit in a circle before you start and decide if the playing sequence will be clockwise or counterclockwise.
The game officially begins when someone names an animal. The person next to them should give another animal that begins with the last letter of that animal’s name.
For example: If Player 1 says elephant, Player 2 should say tiger.
If the next player fails to give an animal, they need to drink a Jell-O shot or your liquor of choice. The game goes on with players giving different animals and ends until everyone has a turn at playing!
5. High Card Draw
Test your luck with a game of High Card Draw! It’s a game that will get you and your friends drunk in no time.
All you need for this game is a deck of cards. Gather your friends in a circle and put the deck of cards in the center of the circle. For each round, all the players will draw one card from the deck then will turn the card over at the same time.
Whoever has the highest card will have to take a drink! You can do this for as many rounds as you want. You can also add other rules to ramp up your game. Try making up rules such as, “anyone with an ace card drinks a glass of beer bottoms up”!
More drinking games for New Year’s Eve
Of course, there are many more drinking games that will make your New Year’s Eve party even more awesome! Search our All Drinking Games list. You might find more fun games to play than what we have mentioned here so far.
👉 All Drinking Games
Have a fantastic New Year’s Eve and enjoy the last day of the year! 🎉
And do not forget: Take care when drinking and please do not drive afterwards by car or bike!
✍️ December 10, 2020