New Years Eve Party Games
Happy New Year! Are you looking for some games to play on New Year's Eve? Keep reading and get to know our top 9!✍️ December 15, 2022
- 🎇 New Years Eve Party Games For Family
- 🧒 New Years Eve Party Games For Kids
- 🎆 New Years Eve Party Games For Adults
Playing games is a great way to keep the party going on New Year’s Eve. New Year’s Eve is a time when people love to celebrate. This includes throwing parties and spending time with friends and family who they do not get to see often!
New Years Eve Party Games For Family
While there are many ways that people have fun at these events, playing games is a favorite thing for everyone to do at New Year’s Eve parties. This is a great way to get everyone in the family involved and to keep the party going.
One classic game that is always a hit at parties is charades. This game is perfect for New Year’s Eve because it gets everyone into the celebratory spirit. Have someone act out a word or phrase and see if the other guests can guess what it is.
This is a game that can be played with any age group and is perfect for getting everyone laughing and having a good time!
Best family-friendly Charades ideas
There are many great family-friendly charades ideas that will be a hit at any party. Some ideas for categories could be: famous people, types of food, and TV shows. Here are some ideas:
- Brushing teeth
- The Grinch from the movie “How the Grinch Stole Christmas"
- A champagne cork popping
- Harry Potter from “Harry Potter”
- French fries
- Ariana Grande
- A bike
👉 This way for more about Charades!
2. Board games
Another great game to play at a New Year’s Eve party is a board game. This can be something as simple as Checkers or as complex as Monopoly.
Board games are the perfect way to get everyone in the family involved and engaged in the party. They can also help to keep things moving so that the party does not drag on.
If you are looking for a board game to play at your party, be sure to check out some of the classics. These games have been around for years for a reason and everyone is sure to have a good time playing them!
👉 Follow this link to find out everything about the boardgame Exploding Kittens!
Another fun game to play at a New Year’s Eve party is Trivia. Trivia can be played in teams or individually, and there are all kinds of trivia games to choose from. This is the perfect game for an adult crowd because it will make people think about different things.
Trivia is a great way for friends and family to bond over a common interest. It can also lead to some friendly competition. This is a great way to keep everyone entertained and engaged in the party!
👉 Here are 100+ Trivia Questions for your Quiznight!
4. Fool’s Fortune
This is a fun game that will create a festive mood for any New Year’s party. Before your guests arrive, prepare sheets of paper with the words, “In the coming year, I will…”.
Give the sheets of paper to your guests once they arrive and tell them to complete the sentence. Essentially, they will create predictions for the coming year! Tell them to get creative with their statements. The crazier their statements are, the funnier it will be!
Put all the sheets of paper in an empty fish bowl or hat. Shuffle the sheets around and ask your guests to take turns picking a “fortune”. Make them read their “fortunes” in front of everyone. Everyone will die laughing hearing each other’s crazy “fortunes”.
Here are some “fortunes” to get you started:
- In the coming year, I will work in the circus.
- In the coming year, I will be on television.
- In the coming year, I will live in Paris.
- In the coming year, I will write a book.
- In the coming year, I will marry someone shorter than you.
- In the coming year, I will travel the world alone.
- In the coming year, I will have a surprise visitor.
- In the coming year, I will invent something.
- In the coming year, I will marry someone rich.
- In the coming year, I will win the lottery.
- In the coming year, I will get married.
- In the coming year, I will get a pet cat.
New Years Eve Party Games For Kids
Kids love to play games at parties and what better time than on New Year’s Eve! There are many ways that kids’ games can be adapted for an adult crowd. This makes it easy for everyone to play and have fun together!
Here are some ideas for New Year’s Eve party games for the whole family:
1. Truth or Dare for Kids
Another great game for kids is Truth or Dare. This can be a fun way to get kids into the party spirit and really enjoying themselves! With a little creative thinking, there are all kinds of ways that you can adapt this classic children’s game for an adult crowd.
In order to play this version of the game, have two bowls, one with truth questions and one with dare questions. Have kids choose a question from one of the bowls and then do the corresponding task. This is sure to get everyone laughing and engaged in the party!
Best Truth or Dare Ideas for Kids
There are all kinds of ways to make Truth or Dare more fun for kids. Here are some great ideas for dares:
- Have someone eat a tablespoon of hot sauce
- Sing the entire alphabet without stopping
- Do 10 jumping jacks
- Tell a joke
- Draw a picture of your family using only 6 dots
And here are some truth questions for kids:
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite color?
- Who is your best friend at school?
- Where would you go on vacation if you could?
- Which teacher do you like the most at school?
👉 This way for more about Truth or Dare!
2. Hide & Seek
Hide & Seek or variations of this game is a classic for kids. This is the perfect way to get kids engaged in the party and having fun! New Year’s Eve can be a great time to play games outside, so encourage everyone to bring their coats and have an outdoor version of Hide & Seek! If it is too cold outside, Hide & Seek can also be played inside the house.
This game is perfect for a larger crowd because you can split people into two different hiding spots and have them come out one at a time.
3. Would You Rather for Kids
Would You Rather is another great game for kids. This game can be played with any age group and is perfect for getting everyone laughing and having a good time!
The way this game works is that players are given two choices and they have to choose one. For example, would you rather have a million dollars or be able to fly? This game is a great way to get kids thinking about different things and having some fun debates!
Best Would You Rather Questions for Kids
Would you rather questions are a great way to get kids thinking and having some fun. Here are some of the best would you rather questions for kids:
- Would you rather have a pet dragon or a unicorn?
- Would you rather be able to read people’s thoughts or control the weather?
- Would you rather be able to turn invisible or fly?
- Would you rather have a superpower or be able to speak any language?
- Would you rather be able to go back in time or forward in time?
- Would you rather be the most popular person at school or the smartest person at school?
- Would you rather be able to eat anything you want without gaining weight or never get sick?
- Would you rather live in a world without music or a world without books?
- Would you rather have super strength or the ability to read people’s thoughts?
- Would you rather be able to swim like a fish or fly like a bird?
👉 Follow this link to get to know everything about Would You Rather!
4. New Year’s Eve Photo Scavenger Hunt
A photo scavenger hunt is the easier and more modern way of doing a scavenger hunt these days. Adults, teens, and kids can have fun playing this game depending on the kinds of treasure that they need to hunt!
How to play
- Divide your guests into teams of 4-5 people and provide each team with their copy of the scavenger hunt list.
- Give the teams at least 10 minutes to go around the party venue to take photos of the items on the scavenger hunt list.
- Ask them to do a funny pose with the items to make the game more exciting.
- Don’t forget to hide some of the items before your guests arrive!
- The team that has the most photos or funniest photos at the end of the game wins!
Try to do this during the early part of your party when your guests are not drunk yet!
Here are some New Year-themed items that you can include in your scavenger hunt list:
- Happy New Year balloon
- Party hat
- Champagne glass
- Glow stick
- Something glittery
- Christmas lights
New Years Eve Party Games For Adults
While kids may enjoy playing games, adults often prefer a more grown-up type of game. This does not mean that the games need to be serious, but they should be something that everyone can enjoy playing.
Here are a few ideas for New Year’s Eve party games for adults:
1. Cards Against Humanity
One game that is always a hit with adults is Cards Against Humanity. This game is a party favorite because it is hilarious and full of adult content.
If you are looking for a game that will get everyone laughing, then this is the perfect choice. Just be sure to have some tissues nearby, as you will likely need them!
👉 If you want to find out more about Cards Against Humanity, follow the link!
2. Never Have I Ever as a drinking game
Never have I ever is a classic game that is always perfect for New Year’s Eve. This game is great because it is fun to play with just about any age group!
This game starts with someone saying “Never have I ever…” and then finish the sentence with something that they have never done. If anyone else in the game has done that thing, they must drink a sip of their drink. It is always fun to see what everyone has done and to hear some of the crazy things that people have done over the
The goal of the game is then to see how many of these phrases the other players have done. This is a great game for getting laughs and for learning more about the people that you are playing with!
3. Card Drinking Games
Drinking games are also a great choice for New Year’s Eve. This is because they are easy to play with an age group of all adults, they can be really funny, and everyone has fun!