Never Have I Ever Rules
Never Have I Ever is a fun game to play with both people you just met for the first time and with your close friends. It's the perfect game for getting to know strangers, and it's even better with friends. You suddenly discover new things about people you thought you knew well!Party & Drinking Games 👇
Never Have I Ever is a fun game to play with both people you just met for the first time and with your close friends. It’s the perfect game for getting to know strangers, and it’s even better with friends. You suddenly discover new things about people you thought you knew well!
Need an icebreaker for your party? Never Have I Ever is easy to play and great for large groups.
Find out funny, embarrassing or even shocking things about your friends. Throw in alcohol, and it becomes even more chaotic!
How to Play Never Have I Ever
There are two ways to play Never Have I Ever. You can play it as a Non-Drinking Points Game or as a Drinking Game.
Think about the ages and personalities of the people that you are playing with. Pick the version that everyone will enjoy the most!
Remember that it’s fine to make people sweat a little, but no one should feel downright uncomfortable.
Keep things light and fun so that everyone has a good time!
Non-Drinking Points Game Version
Did you know that Ten Fingers is another name for Never Have I Ever? At the start of the game, everyone raises their ten fingers which is equivalent to ten points!
Rules to Playing the Non-Drinking Points Game Version:
- 1. Players sit down in a circle on the floor.
- 2. Each player holds their ten fingers in front of them, which means that they have ten points. You can put your hands up or rest them on the floor.
- 3. After deciding which player goes first, the first player makes a statement saying something that they have never done before.
For example: “Never have I ever eaten an entire pizza by myself.”
- 4. If there are players who have done the action in the statement, (Ex. Eat an entire pizza by myself) they should fold down one finger. The rest of the players and the player who made the first statement do not need to fold down their fingers. If none of the players have done the action, the first player folds down a finger.
- 5. Moving clockwise through the circle, the next player is the one sitting to the right of the person who made the first statement. The second player also gives a “Never have I ever…” statement, and the other players need to fold down a finger if the statement applies to them.
- 6. The game goes on until each player is eliminated. The player with the last unfolded finger wins the game.
Pro Tip: Play as many times as you want or if you want to speed things up, start playing with just five fingers.
Drinking Game Version
The second way of playing Never Have I Ever involves alcohol. Instead of losing points, players need to drink instead.
Choose a penalty drink before the game starts. Decide if it’s a sip of beer, a shot of tequila or vodka or any alcoholic drink of your choice.
Rules to Playing the Drinking Game version:
- 1. Players sit down in a circle on the floor.
- 2. After deciding which player goes first, the first player makes a statement saying something that they have never done before.
For example: “Never have I ever asked for someone’s number.”
- 3. If there are players who have done the action in the statement (Ex. asked for someone’s number), they need to sip beer from their cup or take a shot of tequila or vodka. The rest of the players and the player that made the statement do not need to drink any alcohol. If none of the players have done the action, the first player who made the statement drinks.
- 4. Moving clockwise through the circle, the next player is the one sitting to the right of the person who made the first statement. The second player also gives a “Never have I ever…” statement, and the other players need to drink alcohol if the statement applies to them.
- 5. Everyone in the circle takes turns until people give up or become too drunk to play any more!
- Feel free to experiment and add your own twist to the mechanics!
- If you don’t want people becoming drunk too early, ask them to do a dare instead of drinking.
Spice up your Never Have I Ever game, and get creative in coming up with your questions!
If you need more ideas, check out our** Ultimate Never Have I Ever Question List!
More Tips for Playing Never Have I Ever
Want to take your game of Never Have I Ever to the next level?
Here are a few tips to make your game more fun and exciting for everyone:
1. Set Ground Rules
Some people might feel uncomfortable talking about sensitive topics such as anything sexual or too dark, so decide which topics are off the table from the start.
No one wants questions to go too far that people get upset. This game is about bringing friends closer, not breaking them apart!
Remember to keep things light and fun at all times!
2. Choose Simple Questions
The simpler your questions are, the more chances you have that one or more of the players would have done it already.
Even if your questions are simple, it can still lead up to totally unexpected stories!
For example: “Never have I ever gone on a blind date.”
3. Try to Make your Questions Funny
Choose questions that will make you and your friends laugh at yourselves. Pick situations that range from the weirdly funny to the absolutely absurd.
It’s hilarious when you find out that your friends can relate to one of your crazy questions because they have done it themselves!
For example: “Never have I ever accidentally entered someone else’s house because I was too drunk.”
4. Ask for Details
Some answers are too bizarre or surprising that you need to know the story behind them. Take your time and ask for the details! It’s exciting to hear stories that you have never heard before.
If things start to get too hot, quickly move on to the next player to keep the party mood going!
For example: “Never have I ever jumped out of a moving vehicle.”
5. Play to Win
There are strategies to increase your chances of winning. Some may not be that fair, but remember that it’s a drinking game after all.
One example is if a guy is playing with a coed group, he can give questions that would apply more to girls.
For example: “Never have I ever gotten a manicure or pedicure.”
It’s a surefire way to avoid drinking. Just don’t be surprised if others fight back in the next round. It’s all just for fun anyway!
Never have I ever Online
Here you can play Never have I ever online:
✍️ August 29, 2020