Aside from binge watching your favorite movies, you can also play movie trivia in order to test how much of a fan you truly are and at the same time, bond with your fellow movie geeks and fans.Party & Drinking Games 👇
- 😎 How to Play Movie Trivia
- 📱 Play Trivia Online
- 📺 Easy Movie Trivia Questions
- 🤗 Classic Movie Trivia Questions
- 🎬 Disney Movie Trivia
- 🎄 Christmas Movie Trivia
- 👹 Horror Movie Trivia
Have you ever wanted to prove that you know more than everyone else in the room? Or maybe just to have a little fun and impress people? If so, this Movie Trivia is made for you!
Nothing beats the feeling of enjoying and reliving your favorite movie scenes and your favorite characters by showing off how much you know the movies by heart! That is why Movie Trivia has become a household name and a game that transcends more than the usual party games, get-togethers, and icebreakers.
How to Play Movie Trivia
Playing the Movie Trivia is quite simple. All you need to do is prepare lots of movie categories and questions for each category then you will have to take turns asking yourselves the questions. You can even turn it into a competitive trivia night wherein each correct answer corresponds to a point the teams will compete to see which team gets the highest score and wins.
👉 Follow this link to know more about the general game and have some awesome and competitive fun on your next online game night: The Original Trivia Game Online!
Play Trivia Online
Are you excited to play Trivia games? You don’t have to wait until your next game night or party to play! You can actually play it anytime, anywhere when you feel like it.
The Original Trivia game is almost the same as the Movie Trivia but this time, the questions will test the general knowledge of the players. Categories can range from current events, science, entertainment, and more!
Join Trivia Live
Easy Movie Trivia Questions
Movie trivia is always fun! So, if you’re wanting to play some simple trivia but don’t want it to be too hard, here are some easy trivia questions for you.
Here is a list of basic questions that any movie geek would be able to answer in a heartbeat. Check them out and find out how much you know about your favorite movies and shows:
1. What was the name of Harry Potter’s pet owl?
The white owl was Hagrid’s gift to Harry before his first day in Hogwarts. The same owl that died during the Battle of the Seven Potters after he was struck by the killing curse.
2. Where did Edward Cullen go to provoke the Volturi?
This ancient town in Italy is the home of the largest and most powerful vampire royalties in the Twilight Saga.
3. Daenerys Targaryen is forever known to be the…
- Queen of the North
- Mother of Dragons
- Queen of Dragons
- Mother of the North
Mother of Dragons
The House of Targaryen’s sigil is the three-headed dragon and their motto is Fire and Blood.
4. What was the symbol of Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games?
Not only was it Katniss/ symbol but it was also the symbol of the revolution in Panem against the Capitol.
5. What is the middle name of Christian Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey?
Christian’s adoptive mother in the movie was Dr. Grace Trevelyan who married Carrick Grey.
6. In Divergent, what are the five factions?
- Erudite, Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, and Factionless
- Erudite, Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, and Amity
- Arodite, Cander, Abnegation, Dauntful, and Amity
- Arudite, Cander, Abnegation, Dauntless, and Factionless
Erudite, Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, and Amity
Erudites are those who value intelligence and science. Candors are those who always seek justice. Abnegation is the leading faction since they reject vanity. Dauntless are the military and brave faction. Amity are the nurturing ones.
7. What was the name of Mother in How I Met Your Mother?
She is The One that Ted Mosby has been waiting for all this time!
8. Who played Blair Waldorf and Serena van der Woodsen in Gossip Girl?
- Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid
- Leighton Meester and Blake Lively
- Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe
Leighton Meester and Blake Lively
These two portrayed the famous brunette and blond BFFs who took the Upper East Side of Manhattan by storm both in fashion and in drama, catching the attention of Gossip Girl all throughout their glamorous lives.
9. What happened to Anakin Skywalker during the battle with Count Dooku?
- He lost his left leg.
- He lost his right arm.
- He lost his right leg.
- He lost.
He lost his right arm.
Anakin Skywalker’s arm was severed at the elbow by Count Dooku’s lightsaber during their battle on Geonosis.
10. Which of the Salvatore brothers did Elena end up with in The Vampire Diaries?
- Stefan Salvatore
- Damon Salvatore
Elena Gilbert first met and fell in love with Stefan but as the story went on, she found herself captivated by the other brother, Damon, who she eventually ended up with.
👉 Are you a Potterhead? Check out our 20+ Harry Potter Trivia Questions!
Classic Movie Trivia Questions
Nothing beats the classic movies with their classic music, class stories, and class styles. How well do you know the classic movies that have made their name in showbiz?
If you’re a movie buff, you’ll probably love answering some of these classic movies trivia questions. If not for the brain exercise, then just have some fun!
1. Who are the main characters of the Nicholas Sparks novel-turned-movie The Notebook?
- Noah and Allie
- Jack and Rose
- Romeo and Juliet
- Ted and Robin
Noah and Allie
In the movie, these two starstruck lovers who were pulled away from each other because of societal differences and fate eventually found and fought for each other in the end.
2. Which famous actor and actress starred in the movie, Titanic?
- Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet
- Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively
- Keanu Reeves and Anne Hathway
Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet
The chemistry between these two are just undeniably palpable even after all these years.
3. Who is the head of the Corleone family in The Godfather?
- Don Vito
He is the founder and head of the Corleone family.
4. What is Holly Golightly’s favorite place on earth?
- Tiffany’s Jewelry Store
- Her apartment
- Her neighbor’s apartment
Tiffany’s Jewelry Store
No wonder the movie was named Breakfast at Tiffany’s! Holly just loves it more than anything in the world.
5. What was the name of the Tim Burton movie with the odd boy who has scissors instead of hands?
- Bernard Scissorhands
- Edward Scissorhands
- Big Fish
Apart from his goth style and scarily odd look, Edward proved to the world that what makes you different is what truly makes you special.
6. Who brought seaweed and raw fish to lunch in The Breakfast Club?
- John Bender
- Claire Standish
- Allison Reynolds
- Andrew Clark
John Bender even teased her about not allowing a guy’s tongue into her mouth but instead, she eats seaweed and raw fish.
7. In Karate Kid, who quickly befriends Daniel despite getting knocked on his ass on their first meeting?
- Mr. Miyagi
Say all you want about Freddy but he was a true friend to Daniel once upon a time, even though his peers pressure him not to.
8. What was the name of Audrey Hepburn’s character in Roman Holiday?
- Princess Elizabeth
- Princess Holly
- Princess Anne
- Princess Margaret
In the movie, a European princess escapes from her guardian and falls in love with an American reporter in Rome!
9. How many children did the von Trapp family have in the movie Sound of Music?
Maria, an aspiring nun, became the governess to the seven motherless von Trapp children in this world-famous musical.
10. Who adopted Annie in Annie?
- Miss Hannigan
- Grace Farell
- Oliver “Daddy” Warbucks
- Lily St. Regis
Oliver “Daddy” Warbucks
He was a billionaire who was in love with his secretary and ended up adopting the orphans.
👉 Follow this link for our precious 30+ Lord of The Rings Trivia Questions & Facts!
Disney Movie Trivia
From the handsome prince to the beautiful Disney princesses, Walt Disney has proved to us that fairytales and happily-ever-afters do exist! How well do you know your favorite Disney movies?
1. What was the name of Ariel’s father and ruler of Atlantica?
- King Triton
- King Sebastian
- Prince Eric
- Prince Flounder
He was the leader of the merpeople and the respected king of Atlantica. It’s no secret that his favorite daughter was Ariel.
2. Where did Princess Anna and Queen Elsa live?
- Arandelle Castle
- Enchanted Forest
This is the home of the two sisters in the movie Frozen, although Queen Elsa left to find herself and follow the voice of the past.
3. Who is Winnie the Pooh’s human best friend?
- Christopher Robin
Christopher Robin met Pooh bear as a little boy and from then on, continues to join the gang in their adventures.
4. What is the famous motto in Finding Nemo?
- When life gets you down, you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming.
- There will always be tomorrow.
- There’s no such thing as a bad day.
- Believe in all that can be.
When life gets you down, you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming.
It was Dory who said this in the movie!
5. What was the original name of the Sleeping Beauty?
- Briar Rose
After she was born, she was cursed by the evil Maleficent that she would one day cut her finger on a spinning wheel so the good fairies hid her in the forest and gave her a new name which was Aurora.
👉 Can’t get enough of the magic of fairy tales? Here you can find our Disney Would You Rather and follow this link for even more Disney Trivia Questions!
Christmas Movie Trivia
1. Who stole Christmas in Whoville?
- The Grinch
This green mischievous creature basically went all out just to ruin the Christmas cheer in Whoville.
2. What was the name of the kid who got left behind in Home Alone?
- Buzz McCallister
- Kevin McCallister
- Megan McCallister
- Jeff McCallister
The youngest of the McCallisters might be the cutest but that doesn’t mean he’s that behaved. Although, thanks to him, their house was protected from burglars while his family was away on a Christmas holiday!
3. In Nightmare Before Christmas, who did Jack Skellington abduct?
- Pumpkin King
- Dr. Finkelstein
- Santa Claus
Jack Skellington lives in Halloween Town but he was enchanted when he discovered Christmas Town.
4. What was the Conductor’s name in Polar Express?
He was the efficient and mysterious conductor of the Polar Express and was an iconic figure in the movie.
5. In Home Alone 2, which hotel did Kevin check in with in NYC?
- The Plaza Hotel
- The St. Regis
- Four Seasons Hotel
- The Chatwal
The Plaza Hotel
In a scene in the hotel’s lobby, the hotel owner (Donal Trump) even participated in a cameo role!
👉 Can’t get enough of the Christmas magic in the air? Follow the links below to get more Christmas Trivia Questions or to get to know the Christmas Would You Rather Game for your next party!
Horror Movie Trivia
Are you a big fan of thrillers? Well, let’s see how much you really know about the horror films that have haunted our dreams and made us scream all movie long!
1. What is Nancy’s address in the original A Nightmare on Elm Street?
- 221 B Elm Street
- 1428 Elm Street
- 1500 Elm Street
- 1300 Elm Street
1428 Elm Street
If you’re really a fan, no matter how scared you already are, you’ll still remember this address.
2. What is the real name of “Chucky” in Child’s Play?
- George Lee Ray
- Charlie Ray
- Charles Lee Ray
- Henry Ray
Charles Lee Ray
The scary doll was once a real man who was a serial killer who used a ritual to transfer his soul to a doll in order to escape the detective.
3. In which film was the Anabelle doll first seen?
- The Conjuring
- Friday the 13th
Anabelle was first seen in the farmhouse where the Perron family moved in and experienced paranormal activities.
4. In which horror film would you hear the line “The power of Christ compels you”?
- The Conjuring
- A Nightmare on Elm Street
- The Exorcist
In this movie, this is the line that would drive out the demons inside the body.
5. What was the name of the murdering clown in the horror film IT?
- Captain Spaulding
- Ed Gein
Pennywise was the creature who is disguised as a clown with a red balloon to lure children into the sewer.
👉 In need for more scary games? Check out our Halloween Trivia or even our Top 5 Halloween Games for more inspiration!
There you have it! Unleash the movie geek in you and let the whole world know how much you know about the movies, shows, and characters you love!
✍️ November 25, 2021