How to play Truth or Dare
Learn how to play the game, the rules and history of Truth or Dare.Party & Drinking Games 👇
We're hiring and looking for a fully remote UI/UX designer. Apply now!
What is Truth or Dare?
Truth or Dare is a social game that tests the boldness of its players. You either answer embarrassing questions that will surely make you blush or perform ridiculous dares that will make you look silly!
Truth or Dare also let the players know each other on a deeper level. Relationships and friendships will be taken to a whole new level with this one!
Truth or Dare is a classic favorite during sleepovers, parties and even during some chill hangouts. People of all ages play this and we all love it!
What are you waiting for? Set your dignity aside and let your craziness out!
For more info on the rules, visit the Official Truth or Dare Website.
History of Truth or Dare
Truth or Dare, a game that stood the test of time. Young or old, everyone knows how to play this because it has literally been around for hundreds of years!
Its origins are traced back to as early as 1712 when it was originally a Christmas time “questions and commands” game. Others argue that the ancient Greeks’ “basilinda” was its first variant, in which the people just do as their king tells them.
No matter how it started, no one can deny how fond we all are of this party game which is a great and interesting way to get to know our family and friends.
Truth or Dare Rules
One of the reasons why everyone loves this game is because it is just so simple. You can play it anywhere and anytime.
You just need the players themselves for this game, nothing else. You can play it with friends, lovers, and family. You will need at least two players, but the more, the merrier!
You can also prepare the questions and dares ahead of time. Write them in slips of paper and put them in separate containers labeled “Truth” and “Dare”. If writing takes too much of your time, click the link below for our Truth or Dare online app!
Play Truth or Dare online
Sit in a circle. This way, everyone sees and hears each other.
To start the game, the players can agree who will have the first turn or you can just start with the youngest player. The other players will ask him or her, ”Truth or Dare?”.
After one player’s turn, you can proceed clockwise to the next person in the circle. The game goes on and on until you want it to. You can create a theme for your questions and dares. Get creative to have a blast at parties!
If you pick truth, get one slip of paper from the container labeled “Truth”, read it out loud and answer it truthfully no matter how embarrassing it is.
To skip the hassle, you can just download our app or play online to access and generate the best and funniest truth questions and dares!
Remember, the other players can opt to just ask you a question instead of letting you pick from the prepared slips so be super ready.
Expect questions that are personal, embarrassing and hilarious. Just be a sport and answer truthfully. Your honesty is what will make this game fun!
If you really don’t have the guts to answer it, the other players will have to let you do a dare.
Here are some fun questions to ask your friends and make them squirm:
- Who was the last person you kissed on the lips?
- What is the grossest thing you have had in your mouth?
- What is the most embarrassing nickname you have ever had?
- What is the most embarrassing series of texts you have on your phone?
- Is it true that you (whatever you or the group suspects they do / did)?
- What do you really hope your parents never find out about?
- What have you done that people here would judge you most for doing?
- What horrible thing have you done that no one else found out about?
- What is the most disgusting habit you have?
- Who have you loved but they didn’t love you back?
If you pick “dare” or if you can’t answer a question truthfully, get one slip from the container labeled “Dare”, read it out loud and perform the dare. Then again, the others can make up a dare for you on the spot if they feel like it!
These dares will be challenging! Expect to make a fool of yourself and you will be all good! No matter how ridiculous and funny the dare is, you have no choice but to do it!
Good dare challenges
Here are some dares that will surely make everyone’s day:
- Attempt to break dance for 30 seconds.
- Let someone shave a part of your body.
- Kiss the person to your left and right.
- Lick the floor.
- Let the person on your left write their signature on your face with a pen.
- Switch clothes with someone of the opposite sex in the group for three rounds.
- Seduce a member of the same gender in the group.
- Open a bag of snacks or candy using only your mouth, no hands or feet.
- Go to the bathroom, take off your underwear and put it in the middle of the circle for 10 minutes.
- Call the 7th contact in your phone and sing them 30 seconds of a song that the group chooses.
Hungry for more? Not to worry, we have tons more questions and challenges prepared for all types of players and parties!
Awesome Truth Questions and Dares
The main goal of the game is for everyone to get to know each other while having fun. For this to happen, it won’t hurt to take note of a few things that will avoid trouble, injury or hurting others’ feelings.
Here are some things you can all agree upon to keep the game safe yet fun:
- What kinds of questions are off-limits?
- How far can a dare go?
- Where can players perform the dares?
- Does every player need to watch the person who’s performing a dare?
- Can questions or dares involve people who are not present?
Don’t forget, you are among friends and you can just say “No” if you really, really don’t want to answer a question or do a challenge. As long as you are all comfortable and happy during the game, you will surely have a great time!
Play Truth or Dare Online
Can’t wait to start playing? You absolutely can now with our online Truth or Dare!
Play Truth or Dare online
Download our Truth or Dare App
You can also download our app for Android or iPhone to try more of our best questions and dares:
There you go, you are now all ready for the best Truth or Dare experience you’ll ever have. Have a blast!
✍️ September 8, 2020