How I Met Your Mother Trivia
How well do you know Ted, Robin, Lily, Barney, and Marshall? Do you think you know everything about them? Well, then test your own knowledge with our How I Met Your Mother Trivia Quiz!Party & Drinking Games 👇
- 😎 How to Play How I Met Your Mother Trivia
- 😃 Play Trivia Online
- 🥳♀️ How I Met Your Mother Trivia Questions
- 😜 Bonus: How I Met Your Mother Trivia Facts
How to Play How I Met Your Mother Trivia
First of all, congratulations, you are through! 9 seasons and 208 episodes in which Ted was desperately looking for love. A series full of unexpected twists and turns, fun and now and then also tragedy.
Our How I Met Your Mother Trivia is perfect to test your own knowledge about the series! Of course, you could also challenge your friends, siblings, or even parents about the show. Enjoy!
Would you rather try Trivia questions about history, geography, music, and all the other classic categories? Then take a look at our Trivia Questions and Answers!
Play Trivia Online
If you want to play an endless Trivia game online, check out our app and webapp to test your knowledge, play against others, and become smarter than everyone else!
Join Trivia Live
How I Met Your Mother Trivia Questions
Are you ready for answering some questions? Great! Our following 29 How I Met Your Mother Trivia Questions will show if you’re a HIMYM expert!
1. In what season was the first name of Ted’s future wife revealed?
- Season 1
- Season 8
- Season 4
- Season 5
In the first season during the Thanksgiving episode, Ted, Barney, and Robin go to the strip club together. Ted meets a stripper named Amber but reveals that her real name is Tracy. As a joke, he tells his children that that’s how he met their mother. So yes, the name was already revealed in the first season.
2. How is Barney’s favorite strip club called?
- Golden Oldies
- The Big Box
- Lusty Leopard
- The Crab Shed
Let’s not get into how problematic it is that he almost lives in that strip club. But yes, it’s called Lusty Leopard.
3. What song did Tracy play on her ukulele on the balcony?
- Hymne a l’Amour
- La Vie en Rose
- La Mer
- Non, Je ne Regrette Rien
La Vie en Rose
One of the best scenes. Fun fact: The How I Met Your Mother version of the song is the fourth most-streamed version of the song on Spotify.
4. Where is Marshall from?
Yes, of course, he and his two brothers grow all up in Minnesota.
5. What color is the french horn that Ted stole for Robin?
The legendary blue french horn! That was really an easy question.
6. What incident happened when Marshall proposed to Lily?
- She got sick
- She started crying
- She said no and left him
- She got hit in the eye with a champagne cork
She got hit in the eye with a champagne cork
And then they drove together to the hospital in a taxi. But the driver wasn’t Ranjit.
7. Where did Ted and Marshall meet?
- In kindergarten
- At work
- At college
- In school
Let’s not forget that Marshall and Ted also met Lily there!
8. Where was Barney’s and Robin’s wedding?
- Farhampton Inn
- MacLaren’s Pub
- On the roof
- Nearhampton Inn
All How I Met Your Mother fans should know that because it was basically the main setting of the last season.
9. What is Ted’s name in “The Wedding Bride”?
- Nat Nosby
- Jack Moseny
- Ted Mosby
- Jed Mosely
And who was the screenwriter? Yes, it was Tony Grafanello. The husband of Ted’s ex-fiancé Stella Zinman.
10. What famous singers starred in the series?
- Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears
- Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Jennifer Lopez
- Lady Gaga, Selena Gomez
- Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Jennifer Lopez
Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Jennifer Lopez
Yes, they all starred in the series. Britney Spears as Abby the receptionist at Stella Zinman’s clinic, Katy Perry Zoey’s cousin Honey, and Jennifer Lopaz as Anita Appleby, the author who wrote the unforgettable books “Of Course You’re Still Single, Take a Look at Yourself You Dumb Slut” and “Of Course You Don’t Have a Retirement Plan, Take a Look at Yourself You Dumb Slut”.
11. At the end of which season did Lily and Marshall break up?
- Season 1
- Season 3
- Season 2
- Season 4
Because she wanted to make her dreams come true and started studying art in San Francisco.
12. What animal did beat up Ted?
- A cow
- A goat
- A parrot
- A monkey
Let’s not forget that this happened on his 31st birthday. Poor Ted.
13. What’s the name of Ted’s sister?
And no, she didn’t sleep with Barney.
14. What’s Barney’s full name?
- Barnabus Loretta Stinson
- Barney Stinson
- Barnabus Stinson
- Barney Loretta Stinson
And his best nicknames: The Barnacle and Swarley.
15. What are the names of Ted’s children?
- Virginia and Luke
- Luke and Penny
- Penny and Michael
- Luke and Leia
Luke and Penny
If you thought it was Luke and Leia, then it was close. Because Ted wanted to actually name his children after the Star Wars characters.
16. What famous actor was the narrator of the older Ted?
- Bob Saget
- Tom Hanks
- Alec Baldwin
- Liam Neeson
I would call that a perfect fit.
17. Where did Ted grow up?
Yes, Ted Mosby grew up in a town called Shaker Heights which is located in Ohio. Fun Fact: Showrunner Carter Bays also grew up there and that’s why the town was included in the show.
18. What is the only rule in the bar “Puzzles” that Barney and Ted opened for one night?
- No last calls
- Free beer for everyone
- No security
- No smoking inside
No last calls
Yes, they actually thought no curfew was a good idea. Spoiler alert: It’s not.
19. What fruit did Ted find in his apartment after a drunken night out?
After that night, Ted was no longer vomit-free since 93.
20. Why did Robin meet her temporary boyfriend Kevin Venkataraghavan?
- Because he hit her with his car
- Because he was her psychiatrist
- Because he saved her life
- Because he was her postman
Because he was her psychiatrist
To be honest, that’s so creepy.
21. What tattoo did Ted get?
- The name of his parents
- A heart
- His own face
- A butterfly
I actually thought that this tattoo was cute. What do you think?
22. How many kids did Ted and Tracy have together?
Everyone should know this question because you see them so often.
23. In what season do Lily and Marshall get married?
- Season 2
- Season 8
- Season 3
- Season 6
Everything was so chaotic! First, there was Lily’s ex-boyfriend, then the flowers didn’t make it on time, then the harper player went into labor…
24. Where did Ted and Robin meet?
- Maclaren’s Pub
- Goliath National Bank
- At a party
- The Arcardian
“Have you met Ted?”
25. What word does Lily hate?
I get that. This word is pretty gross.
26. Who of the main characters never lived in the apartment?
- Barney, Lily
The apartment is just iconic!!
27. Where did Ted and Barney meet?
- Goliath National Bank
- At a club
- Lusty Leopard
To be more specific, they met on the toilet.
28. What’s the name of Robin Sparkle’s first great hit?
- “Sandcastles in the Sand”
- “P.S. I Love You”
- “Let’s Go to the Mall”
- “P.S. I Hate You”
“Let’s Go to the Mall”
But except “P.S. I Hate You”, every one of the four songs is from Robin Sparkle.
29. How old was Barney when he lost his virginity?
Can you remember how Barney looked with his long hair? That was a good episode.
How I Met Your Mother Trivia Facts
As a bonus, enjoy six additional How I Met Your Mother Trivia Facts. I bet you don’t know them! Enjoy!
1. Britney Spears saved the show.
Can you imagine that our beloved series almost ended after season three? According to the network, Britney Spear’s as a guest star helped to draw new viewers and made the series even more popular. In doing so, she saved the series from being canceled.
2. The main actresses hid their pregnancies while filming.
Alyson Hannigan and Colbie Smulders were both pregnant in season five but their characters weren’t. Rewatch the season, I swear you will recognize it because their bellies were just hidden behind purses, maps, or other silly things.
3. Some of the real-life partners of the main cast appeared in the series.
I bet you all remember the news anchor Sandy Rivers, Lily’s ex-boyfriend Scooter, and Gary Blauman! But did you know that the actors which play those roles are real-lifer partners of the main cast? Sandy Rivers is played by Alexis Denisof and actually married to Alyson Hannigan (Lily). David Burtka who played Scooter in the series is Neil Patrick Harris’ (Barney) husband in real life. And Gary Blauman (Taran Killam) is married to the actress Colbie Smulders who played Robin.
4. The websites on the show are real.
Do you remember the website that states that Ted Mosby is a Jerk? Or Barney’s video resume? Or even the made up holiday Not A Fathers’s Day? I bet you do! But I’m sure you didn’t know that those websites are actually real: Tedmosbyisajerk.com, Barney’s Video Resume, and Notafathersday.com.
5. It almost would have been another mother.
If the series would have been canceled after season one or two, Victoria would have been the mother.
6. Josh Radnor kept the Blue French Horn and Cobie Smulders the Robin Sparkles’ jacket.
Yes, after the final episode, the actor and the actress got to keep those two items.
✍️ June 30, 2021