Harry Potter Trivia
Think you know everything about the wizarding world around Harry Potter? Well, then give our Harry Potter Trivia Questions a try!Party & Drinking Games 👇
We're hiring and looking for a fully remote UI/UX designer. Apply now!
How to Play Harry Potter Trivia
Are you looking for the ultimate quiz for all Potterheads? Perfect, then this is the right Harry Potter Trivia Quiz for you! We’ve collected the best 21 Harry Potter Trivia questions to challenge your knowledge.
We think Trivia Games are the best! And that’s why we’ve published an article filled with lots of different Trivia Questions and Answers for you and your friends! With this article, you can test each other’s knowledge about history, geography, and science stuff, but also about movies, TV, and music!!
But you’re reading this article, so I guess you are into the famous boy who lived and his friends! I get it!! I’m a Potterhead myself and that’s why I know that you will love our Harry Potter Trivia Questions!!
Tip: Are you still looking for your partner in crime? I promise our Harry Potter Pick-Up Lines work better than love potions!
Play Trivia Online
Are you looking for an easier way to play Trivia? Don’t worry, we’ve got you! Try our app and webapp to test your knowledge, play against other players, and become smarter than everyone else!
Join Trivia Live
Harry Potter Trivia Questions
The following 21 Harry Potter Trivia Questions will show if you’re a Harry Potter expert! After trying to find the right answer by yourself, maybe challenge your best friend, your siblings, or even your parents.
Tip: Have you already checked out our Harry Potter Would You Rather? You should definitely give it a try!
1. When is Harry Potter’s birthday?
- On the 31. July 1980
- On the 30. June 1980
- On the 30. July 1981
- On the 29. June 1981
On the 31. July 1980
By the way, Joanne K. Rowling and Harry Potter share their birthday. Only she was born in the year 1965.
2. Who killed Dobby?
- Lucius Malfoy
- Fenrir Greyback
- Bellatrix Lestrange
- Alecto Carrow
When he helped Harry and his friends to flew from the Malfoy Manor, Bellatrix Lestrange threw her knife at him and Harry while they disapparated. He died in Harry’s arms and his last words were: “Such a beautiful place, to be with friends. Dobby is happy to be with his friend, Harry Potter.”
3. Who is the oldest Weasley child?
- George Weasley
- Charlie Weasley
- Percy Weasley
- Bill Weasley
Yes, that’s a hard Harry Potter Trivia question! So many children! The right order is: Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred, George, Ron, and Ginny.
4. What was the name of The Grey Lady?
- Helena Ravenclaw
- Susan Ravenclaw
- Diana Ravenclaw
- Rowena Ravenclaw
Did you know that her mother was Rowena Ravenclaw?
5. What is “The Quibbler”?
- A spell
- A newspaper
- A fantastic creature
- A city full of wizards and witches
Of course, it’s a newspaper! Can’t you remember Rita Skeeter’s interview of Harry Potter on Lord Voldemort’s return?
6. Who was Tom Riddle’s mother?
- Miranda Slytherin
- Merope Gaunt
- Alexa Slytherin
- Mariah Gaunt
Her life story is just so tragic.
7. Who created the Marauder’s Map?
- Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, Salazar Slytherin
- George and Fred Weasley
- James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew
- Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley
James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew
“Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs Purveyors of Aids to Magical Mischief-Makers are proud to present the marauder’s map!”
8. What is the name of the house-elf who used to work for the Crouch family?
Poor Winky! He did everything for the Crouch family!
9. In which year was the Battle of Hogwarts?
The final war between Voldemort and Harry Potter. So many great people died. I’m still crying over Tonks, Lupin, Fred, Lavender, Colin…
10. Who did Hermione slap in the face in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban?
- Draco Malfoy
- Vincent Crabbe
- Ron Weasley
- Gregory Goyle
Fun fact: Emma Watson actually hit Tom Felton during this scene. According to him, it hurts like hell!
11. Who wrote the textbook “Fantastic Creatures and Where to Find Them”?
- Phyllida Spore
- Edwardus Lima
- Newt Scamander
- Bathilda Bagshot
This Harry Potter Trivia question shouldn’t be that hard, after all, Newt Scamander got his own spin-off!!
12. Who married George Weasley?
- Alicia Spinnet
- Angelina Johnson
- Demelza Robins
- Katie Bell
Of course, they married! The two even went to the Yule Ball on Christmas Day together in their sixth year. And they had two children together, Fred II and Roxanne Weasley.
13. What does the company produce where Vernon Dursley works?
- Door buckles
If I remember correctly, this fact is even mentioned in the very first book. When the Dursley family is introduced.
14. What does S.P.E.W. stand for?
- Society for the Poor Elves and Wizards
- Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare
- Stop Playing with Elves, Wizards
- Support for Paid Elf Wages
Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare
S.P.E.W. is another thing that is just mentioned in the books. Poor Hermione, she is so much cooler in the books!
15. What color does unicorn blood have?
Whoever drinks unicorn blood will stay alive. No matter what. But he/she will live a cursed life from now on…
16. Who was Ron Weasley’s first kiss?
- Lavender Brown
- Hermione Granger
- Katie Bell
- Cho Chang
Aaaw, Lavender and her Won-Won! So cute! Except the fact that he basically just was jealous because Hermione had kissed Viktor Krum a couple of years earlier.
17. How many staircases does Hogwarts have?
What’s special about the Hogwarts staircases? Well… “There were wide, sweeping ones; narrow, rickety ones; some that led somewhere different on a Friday; some with a vanishing step halfway up that you had to remember to jump.”
18. Who was originally the only Hogwarts champion for the Triwizard Tournament in 1994?
- Fred Weasley
- Oliver Wood
- Cedric Diggory
- Seamus Finnigan
What would have happened if Harry’s name had never ended up in the goblet? Maybe Cedric would be still alive.
19. What is Voldemort’s real name?
- Tom Marvolo Riddle
- Tom Marvolost Riddle
- Thomas Marvolo Riddle
- Tom Marvin Riddle
Tom Marvolo Riddle
Tom Marvolo Riddle… I am Lord Voldemort!
20. Where did Harry and Ginny first kiss?
- On the Hogwarts Quidditch pitch
- In the Gryffindor Common Room
- Great Hall
- In Hogsmeade
In the Gryffindor Common Room
Their first kiss happened in the Gryffindor Common Room right after they won a Quidditch Match.
21. What are the three deathly hallows?
- Nagini, Cloak of Invisibility, Elder Wand
- Cloak of Invisibility, Nagini, Ravenclaw’s Diadem
- Elder Wand, Resurrection Stone, Cloak of Invisibility
- Tom Riddle’s diary, Resurrection Stone, Elder Wand
Elder Wand, Resurrection Stone, Cloak of Invisibility
What do you think about “The Tale of the Three Brothers”? I think this story is one of the best scenes in the movies.
✍️ September 17, 2021