Halloween Party Games for Teens
Too old to go trick-or-treating? Don’t worry! Just throw an epic Halloween party instead! Tell your friends to come in their craziest Halloween costumes, and have a spooky good time playing these Halloween party games!Party & Drinking Games 👇
1. Bobbing for Worms
If Bobbing for Apples is for kids and Boozing for Apples is for grown-ups, you have Bobbing for Worms for teens! What makes Bobbing for Worms different? It’s a whole lot messier!
How to play Bobbing for Worms
- Start with setting paper plates filled with whipped cream and a fixed number of gummy worms (4-7 pieces) per plate on the table. Make sure that the gummy worms are well-hidden in the whipped cream!
- The number of paper plates will depend on the number of players. You should also set an empty bowl beside each paper plate.
- Once the table is ready, have the players sit or stand in front of the table.
- When the game officially starts, the players will need to find all the gummy worms in their plates of whipped cream without using their hands!
- They can only use their mouths to get the gummy worms and drop them in the empty bowl.
- The first player that finds all the worms wins!
2. Never Have I Ever
Never Have I Ever is a highly entertaining game if you want to discover all sorts of things about your friends. It is also a great conversation-starter and will set your party’s mood for the rest of the night!
Try out the non-alcoholic version Ten Fingers version wherein everyone starts with ten points.
How to Play Never Have I Ever - Ten Fingers (non-alcoholic)
Step 1: Gather everyone together in a circle. Have someone start the game by saying, “Never have I ever…” and complete it by mentioning an action. Make sure that the action mentioned is related to Halloween, whether it is scary, spooky, or even funny!
For example: Never have I ever…secretly eaten my younger sibling’s trick-or-treat candy.
Looking for more ideas on what to ask? Check out More Never Have I Ever Questions
Step 2: If there are players who have done the action mentioned (i.e. secretly eaten my younger sibling’s trick or treat candy), they fold a finger down or lose 1 point. If none of the players have done the action, then the one who gave the statement loses 1 point.
Step 3: All the players take turns giving their Never Have I Ever statements.
Step 4: The last remaining player is the ultimate winner and can give a dare to everyone who lost!
Want an idea? Make everyone prove that they are not vampires, and tell them to eat garlic!
Even if there’s no alcohol, Never Have I Ever is still a nerve-wracking game to play! You don’t know what shocking secrets will come out! Remember to keep it light. You want to enjoy your Halloween night to the end!
Never Have I Ever Online Version
Too busy to come up with your questions? You can also play Never Have I Ever Online
Mafia is a fun mystery game that you can play at your Halloween party!
Your friends can test their detective skills to catch which of your friends are lying, or they can try out their acting chops and pretend that they are innocent civilians! Warning! Things can get pretty chaotic when you play mafia!
Start your game of mafia by assigning roles to the players. Your game master is the mayor/narrator. The mayor will assign who will be the mafia members and the civilians. A good ratio is to have 3 mafia members to 7 civilians.
How to Play Mafia
- The mayor will tell all the players to close their eyes and will signal 3 people to be the mafia members.
- The mayor calls out, “Mafia, wake up”, and the chosen mafia players will open their eyes so that they know each other.
- Before the civilians wake up, the mafia members will choose 1 civilian to be killed.
- The mayor tells everyone to wake up and informs them that one of the civilians has been killed.
- The civilians can ask questions, suspect each other to figure out who the mafia members are. The mafia members will pretend to be civilians so that they will not be discovered.
- The civilians will have to kill one of the players who they think is a mafia member. If their guess is right, the mafia loses one of its members. If their guess is wrong, they lose a civilian.
- The game will go through steps 3-6 again until all 3 mafia members are discovered. If this happens, the civilians win! If at the end of the game, there are more mafia members than civilians left, the mafia wins!
4. Halloween Trivia Quiz
How much do you know about Halloween? You and your friends have been dressing up in costumes and have gone on trick or treating since you were kids, but do you know everything about Halloween?
Put your friends’ Halloween knowledge to the test with a fun Halloween Trivia Quiz! Let your inner game show host come out for a night as you give the questions!
What’s important in a Halloween Trivia Quiz are the questions, of course! Come up with easy to difficult questions about movies, TV shows, songs, fictional characters, and even general fun facts related to Halloween.
The mechanics are pretty simple. Divide your guests into teams, ask your questions, and let them compete on who gives the correct answer first.
Halloween Trivia Questions
Here are some Halloween trivia questions that you can use:
- Who wrote the novel Dracula? Bram Stoker
- Do pumpkins grow in the grown, on vines, or on trees? On vines
- Transylvania is a region in which country? Romania
- What should a person wear to trick evil spirits during Halloween? Masks and costumes
- What is a male witch called? A warlock
- In which country did Halloween originate? Ireland
TV & Movies
- Which Netflix series is set in the fictional town of Hawkins? Stranger Things
- What is the name of the house elf that Harry befriended in the book Harry Potter? Dobby
- What is the name of the youngest Baudelaire child in the book Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events? Sunny
- In the movie Hocus Pocus, what are the names of the 3 Sanderson sisters and the actresses who play them? Bette Midler as Winifred, Sarah Jessica Parker as Sarah, and Kathy Najimy as Mary
- What is the name of the author who created The Goosebumps series of books that was popular in the 90s? A TV show was also created based on the books. R.L. Stine
- Which 90s movie is this line from – “What’s your favorite scary movie?” Scream
Mix up your questions, and let your friends compete on who will become the ultimate Halloween Trivia Masters!
Want to keep playing trivia game quizzes even when it’s not Halloween? You can also play it online! Check out our Party Trivia app for more questions!
5. Halloween Charades
Halloween Charades is simply the Halloween version of charades. All you need to do is to have people act out words or phrases related to Halloween without making any sound at all!
There’s a reason why it’s a classic party game. Charades is an easy game for all ages. You can easily tweak it to fit a theme. This time, it’s Halloween!
Here are some Halloween-themed words that you can include in your game of charades:
- Jack Sparrow
- Jack O’ Lantern
- Paranormal Activity
- Captain Hook
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- Bobbing for Apples
- Trick or Treat
Looking for more words to use for charades? Check out our list of Ideas for Charades
Make your Halloween party a night to remember! If you still need more party game ideas, you can also check out our other Halloween Games Have fun on the most frightful time of the year!
✍️ October 28, 2020