Grey’s Anatomy Trivia 🩺
Think you’ve binged enough Grey’s Anatomy to answer all these Trivia Questions correctly? Let’s find out. Welcome to Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital! Scrub in.✍️ December 12, 2022
Grey’s Anatomy is a long-running medical drama television series that started in 2005 and has been giving our emotions one hell of a roller coaster ride. I mean, a lot of things can happen within 17 seasons! With high highs and low lows, Grey’s Anatomy is definitely one of those shows that’s just so easy to get hooked on!
Seattle Grace Hospital, now known as Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, is filled and is nurturing world-renowned surgeons. While these surgeons have quite a work life, their personal lives are just as chaotic as in the operating room! 🩺
If you’re like me, who absolutely loves each and all characters in Grey’s Anatomy and has kept up with their journey, why not take this Grey’s Anatomy Trivia Quiz to test how well you still know the story?
🎶 Nobody knows where they might end up, nobody knows… 🎶
How to Play Trivia Game
Playing a trivia game is easy. Whether you’re playing as individuals or in groups, the winner of the game is whoever answers the most questions correctly.
1. First, decide on a category. This makes it easier so everyone can be prepared for the questions that would come out. Good luck if you’re playing with a general category!
2. Next, decide if you’ll be playing in teams or as individuals. Teams could be easier because you’d be able to fact-check with someone on the team. But be careful! Trivia is a fast-paced game.
3. Lastly, if you’ll be playing for a certain number of points or a certain number of questions. There has to be some way for you to determine the winner.
Once everything has been ironed out, the host can now start by asking a question. The first person to get the host’s attention (you can also talk about how to get the host’s attention) has a chance to answer. If they get it correct, the point is theirs. Otherwise, other players/teams will get a chance to steal.
👉 Check out this article for a full list of Trivia Questions!
Play Trivia Online
If you enjoy playing quizzes, you might also find yourselves enjoying other Trivia questions on several categories like Sports, Science, Geography, or even History! You’ll always have Trivia questions ready to be answered at any time now! Get ready for your next quiz party!
Best Grey’s Anatomy Trivia Questions
Are you good enough to be Meredith Grey’s next person? Or maybe just another staff at Grey-Sloan Memorial? Let’s find out! 😉
❗️ Disclaimer: Questions in this Grey’s Anatomy Trivia Quiz were chosen under the assumption that the reader has watched seasons 1-17 of Grey’s Anatomy.❗️
1. Who are Meredith Grey’s biological parents?
- Ellis Grey and Thatcher Grey
- Ellis Grey and Richard Webber
- Adele Webber and Thatcher Grey
- Susan Grey and Thatcher Grey
Ellis Grey and Thatcher Grey
Meredith was easily recognized because of how she was the spitting image of Ellis!
2. What was Miranda Bailey’s nickname during the time of Meredith Grey’s internship?
- Mama Bear
- Dr. Brain Dead
Miranda was known to be The Nazi to the interns because of her tough and no-nonsense personality. But this nickname was dropped after Miranda had to operate on a real Nazi.
3. What is Izzie’s full name?
- Isabel Stevens
- Isabela Katherine Stevens
- Izabelle Stevens
- Isobel Katherine Stevens
A tricky one! But her full name is actually Isobel Katherine Stevens.
4. Who was George O’Malley married to?
- Arizona Robbins
- Calliope Torres
- Lexie Grey
- Teddy Altman
It was sudden! George and Callie O’Malley suddenly announced in Season 03 Episode 14 that they got married in Las Vegas 💍
5. Who was the nurse that George O’Malley and Alex Karev had a relationship with?
Olivia was actually more of in a relationship with George, but we found out that she also had something with Alex after the whole syphilis issue 🤭
6. What sickness did Ellis Grey suffer from?
No one actually knew about Ellis Grey’s Alzheimer’s at first but it was revealed when she was brought to the hospital due to an emergency.
7. What was the name of the hospital during the first few seasons?
- Seattle Grace Hospital
- Seattle Grace Memorial Hospital
- Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital
- Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital
Seattle Grace Hospital
The show initially started out with the hospital named Seattle Grace, then had Seattle Grace Mercy West after the merger, then finally changed to Grey Sloan Memorial after the plane crash.
8. What was Mark Sloan’s nickname for Lexie Grey?
- Little Lexie
- Grey #2
- Little Grey
- Meredith’s Sister
To Mark, Lexie was also known as the “forbidden fruit” because she was Meredith’s half-sister, and they had a huge age gap. She first showed up because she was part of the new batch of interns.
9. Which of the following characters was not part of the airplane crash?
- Alex Karev
- Cristina Yang
- Mark Sloan
- Arizona Robins
Alex Karev was supposed to join them, but because of a dispute that he had with Arizona, she didn’t let Alex go on the trip with them, which eventually led to the plane crash.
10. Who was Meredith Grey’s first patient shown on Grey’s Anatomy?
- Adele Webber
- Katie Bryce
- Nora Dominick
- Jesse Williams
Katie Bryce competed in pageants and had mysterious seizures that were solved by Meredith and Cristina.
11. What was the specialty of Jackson Avery?
- Plastics and ENT
- Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- General Surgery
Although Jackson declared Cardio as his specialty during intern year, it was because of Mark Sloan that he decided to pursue Plastics.
12. Which of the interns from Mercy West was fired?
- Charles Percy
- Reed Adamson
- April Kepner
- Jackson Avery
The surgical intern, April, got distracted while doing the initial check-up on her patient and left out an important step that cost her the patient’s life. This mistake leads her to lose her job.
13. What is the full name of Addison?
- Addison Montgomery
- Addison McGomery
- Addison Murphy
- Addison Rae
Former wife of Derek Shepherd, Addison Montgomery is one of the top OBs in the country and briefly worked in Seattle Grace Hospital.
14. What was Preston Burke’s specialty?
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
Preston was also known as the “Cardio God” and was one of Cristina’s mentors.
15. What happened to Shane Ross?
- He quit the program to pursue his own practice
- He followed his mentor to Switzerland to continue learning under her
- He got fired after making several mistakes in the operating room
- He lost his mind due to sleep deprivation and overworking
He followed his mentor to Switzerland to continue learning under her
Shane Ross was mentored by none other than Cristina Yang. So when Cristina Yang left for Switzerland, Shane Ross followed.
16. Why was Owen Hunt discharged from the army?
- His time to serve was up
- There was no more war
- His entire platoon died
- He was uncontrollable and was a danger to other soldiers
His entire platoon died
Before joining Seattle Grace, Owen Hunt was honorably discharged after his entire platoon died.
17. Who is the Pediatric Surgeon that mentored Alex Karev?
- Dr. Carina DeLuca
- Dr. Addison Montgomery-Shepherd
- Dr. Arizona Robbins
- Dr. Cormac Hayes
Arizona Robbins was the first person to see Alex Karev’s potential as a pediatric surgeon and mentored him.
18. Who is Amelia Shepherd?
- Derek’s cousin
- Derek’s ex-wife
- Derek’s older sister
- Derek’s youngest sister
Derek’s youngest sister
Derek actually has 4 sisters, and he is the oldest child. There’s Nancy, Liz, Kathleen, and the youngest one is Amelia.
19. What did they call Meredith Grey and Cristina Yang?
- The Unstoppable Two
- The Twisted Sisters
- The Cold Ones
- The Dark Sisters
The Twisted Sisters
This amazing nickname was given to the pair by Owen Hunt when he first started dating Cristina.
20. Which of these names isn’t what Meredith named her children?
While all three are her kids with Derek Shepherd, Zola is their first child, then comes Bailey (their only son) and the baby she was pregnant with when Derek died, Ellis, after her deceased mother, who was a world-renowned surgeon.
21. What addiction does Richard Webber suffer from?
- Alcohol Addiction
- Drug Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
Richard Webber had started drinking Alcohol while with Ellis Grey and eventually suffered from addiction. Luckily he got sober and started attending AA meetings regularly.
22. How old was Maggie Pierce when she became the head of Cardiothoracic Surgery?
It was revealed that Maggie graduated at 19 and ran her own department at 27 years old during her interview with Cristina Yang as her replacement.
23. Which of these is not a “Grey’s Anatomy” Spin-Off?
- Station 19
- The Good Doctor
- Grey’s Anatomy: B-Team
- Private Practice
The Good Doctor
Station 19 revolves around Ben Warren and his career as a firefighter. Grey’s Anatomy: B-Team features the class of interns with Schmitt, Helm, Bello, and Roy. Private Practice revolves around Addison Montgomery and her life after leaving Seattle Grace.
The Good Doctor is a different medical drama series that started in 2017.
24. Which of these characters did not have a brain tumor?
- Izzie Stevens
- Amelia Shepherd
- Richard Webber
- Catherine Fox
While all of these characters had suffered from some sort of tumor, Catherine Fox was diagnosed with a larger spinal tumor.
25. Which of the following characters did not appear at the beach with Meredith?
- George O’Malley and Derek Shepherd
- Ellis and Thatcher Grey
- Mark Sloan and Lexie Grey
- Andrew DeLuca and Richard Webber
Ellis and Thatcher Grey
The rest of the characters mentioned above appeared on the beach with Meredith as she was unconscious and suffering from COVID-19.