If you’re a self-proclaimed or certified foodie or food expert, then aside from eating them, it is implied that you know a lot about food. One way to prove it is to kick ass in Food Trivia games where you can show off your vast knowledge about food!Party & Drinking Games 👇
- 🍎 How to Play Food Trivia
- 📱 Play Trivia Online
- 🧀 Fun Food Trivia
- 🍩 Food Trivia for Kids
- 🍔 Fast Food Trivia
- 🥨 Christmas Food Trivia
- 🍗 Thanksgiving Food Trivia
If there’s anything that every person seems to love on this planet, then that one thing is and always will be… FOOD! It’s something we both need and want. Our body needs it and our palate loves most of it. It’s only basic and normal for us to want to know more about it.
If you love to eat and are fascinated by all things and stuff about food, then, you’ll most certainly find playing the Food Trivia game most interesting and exciting!
How to Play Food Trivia
🍎 Playing the Food Trivia is very easy! All you need to do is prepare lots of different food categories and questions for each food category then you will have to take turns asking yourselves the questions. You can even turn it into a competitive trivia game wherein each correct answer corresponds to a score. Each team will compete to see which team gets the highest score and becomes the winner.
Play Trivia Online
Are you excited to play Trivia games? You don’t have to wait until your next game night or party to play! You can actually play it anytime, anywhere when you feel like it.
The Original Trivia game is the same as the Animal Trivia but this time, the questions will test the general knowledge of the players. Categories can range from current events, science, entertainment, and more!
👉 Follow this link to know more about the game and have some awesome and competitive fun on your next online game night: The Original Trivia Game Online!
You can also download our awesome Trivia Apps for your iOs and Android devices:
Join Trivia Live
Fun Food Trivia
🧀 Any trivia about food is fun but here are some of the most interesting facts you’ll ever learn about food in your life. Enjoy these fun food trivia questions!
1. What is the most expensive meat in the world?
The Kobe Wagyu Beef is around $200 per pound! This type of food has its origin in Japanese cuisine but is now known worldwide.
2. What is the most expensive fruit in the world?
- Yubari Melon
- Dragon Fruit
These melons are sold in Japan and are very hard to access.
3. Which soft drink was most famous in 1892?
- Pepsi Cola
- Coca Cola
- Dr. Pepper
- Mountain Dew
Even until now, the classic soft drink Coca-Cola still holds its spot at number one!
4. What is the long version of the word Spam?
- Special Ham
- Spinned Ham
- Spiced Ham
- Spicy Ham
The brand actually got its name from the way the ham was cured.
5. What is the literal meaning of “Dorito”?
- Yummy stuff
- Little golden things
- Cheesy goodness
- Small and yummy
Little golden things
Nothing can replace these little golden things! I bet they’re most people’s favorite food. That’s one of the good funny food trivia questions.
6. What is the first food in space?
- Corned beef
- Scrambled egg
- Apple sauce
No wonder astronauts are so fit!
7. What is the English translation of the Slavic word vodka?
- Little water
- Little tipsy
- Lots of water
- Holy water
Even though it means “little water”, don’t replace water with it!
8. What is the name of the lubricant used in cooking which comes from hog fat?
These soft, white fats are located in the fattiest parts of the big.
9. Which fruit can tenderize meat?
The pineapple’s enzyme called bromelain softens muscle fiber.
10. What do you call a vegetarian who also eats chicken meat?
These people are a few steps before vegetarians. They don’t eat red meat or pork!
Food Trivia for Kids
🍩 Kids can be picky eaters but there are some foods that almost all kids love like peanut butter, apple, ice cream, cake, candy bar, gummy bears, chocolate chip cookies, and more! Now here are some food questions for kids to answer:
1. How are hotdogs usually eaten?
- With rice
- In a bun
- In a sandwich
- With fries
In a bun
Hotdogs in a bun with ketchup and/or mustard sauce! Mhm, hotdogs are delicious food!
2. From which meat are hamburgers made?
Hamburgers are from beef!
3. From which animals are bacon from?
Pork meat is from pigs/hogs. Most food lovers love bacon!
4. Where can we get fresh milk?
You have to milk the cow!
5. Which fruit is guacamole made of?
It’s actually an avocado-based dip, spread, or salad that was made in Mexico. Btw, avocados belong on the list of healthy food. Those fruits contain lots of healthy fats.
6. Where do eggs come from?
Chickens are the ones who lay the yummy and nutritious eggs we have for breakfast.
7. Which part of the egg is yellow?
Egg yolks are usually yellow but really fresh and pure egg yolks are orangey in color.
8. Where does honey come from?
The bees are always busy making honey.
9. What is the color of a lemon?
The yellow color of lemons is because of their flavonoids that give it its yellow pigment.
10. What is wine made of?
People actually wash their feet to step on the grapes and crush them to juice them out.
Fast Food Trivia
🍔 Everybody loves some good old fatty food from Mcdonald’s and Taco Bell and pretty much all the other fast food chains that save us from our hunger and misery! Here is our list of food trivia questions you can try to answer while you dig into your yummy cheeseburger and fries:
1. Where was the origin of the cheeseburger?
- New York
The Humpty Dumpty Drive-In invented cheeseburgers in 1935 in Chicago. The cheeseburger belongs to the most famous dish worldwide. This is one important American food history trivia question!
2. What is the oldest soft drink in the USA?
- Coca Cola
- Mountain Dew
- Dr. Pepper
Everybody knows the popular drink Dr. Pepper ever since it was created in the 1880’s in Texas. I bet some people even consider Dr. Pepper as the national drink of the USA.
3. Where was the origin of pizza?
- Paris, France
- Florence, Italy
- New York, USA
- Naples, Italy
It guess, we all know that Pizza belongs to the Italian dishes. But everybody should try their Neapolitan pizza! Italian cuisine is known for its good pizza.
4. What is the meaning of “KFC”?
- Kennedy Fried Curry
- Kennedy Fried Chicken
- Kentucky Fish Curls
- Kentucky Fried Chicken
Kentucky Fried Chicken
KFC is known worldwide and is the second-largest fast food chain next to McDonald’s!
5. When did Taco Bell first open?
Owner Glen Bell opened it in 1962.
6. When was the first Happy Meal sold?
The first Happy Meal was circus-themed and of course available in the famous food franchise McDonalds.
7. What is the most famous ice cream flavor in the world?
Everybody loves the good old-fashioned and classic favorite vanilla ice cream!
8. What was the first Starbucks drink ever?
- Dark Mocha Frappe
- Cafe latte
- Caramel Macchiato
- Green Tea Latte
The Starbucks Cafe Latte was first sold in Seattle.
9. What was the first name used for French fries?
- French fried potatoes
- Frenchy Poes
French fried potatoes
This question may even belong to the food science trivia questions.
10. Who invented deep-frying?
At that time, they didn’t even know it was going to change the food industry forever!
Christmas Food Trivia
🥨 The Christmas Season is the busiest and most magical time of the year. I’m not only talking about shopping and partying but I’m also talking about all the food you’re going to devour. Here are some Christmas-themed food trivia that’ll surely make you merry:
1. Which food do you usually mash during Christmas?
Everyone loves mashed potatoes with fried chicken… Christmas or not! It’s delicious family food.
2. What was Christmas pudding originally made of?
- Raisins and wine
- Fruits and wine
- Pumpkin and juice
- Flour and water
Raisins and wine
Pudding was originally soup with raisins and wine.
3. Before turkeys, which bird was served during Christmas in the UK?
By changing it into Turkey, King Henry VIII changed the whole Christmas food culture in the UK.
4. Which alcohol is added to the base of a Christmas trifle?
Everybody deserves a little bit of booze and sweetness that sherry trifles give! And the kids love their hot chocolate!
5. According to superstitions, what should single women eat on Christmas in order to find a husband?
- Gingerbread men
The more gingerbread men, the better chances of finding your soulmate!
6. What is the traditional fruitcake of Germany?
Germans go crazy for these fruit cakes!
7. What was “roasting on an open fire” in *The Christmas Song”?
Nat King Cole sang this line as an intro to his song!
8. What do you call a female turkey?
The females are hens while the males are toms!
9. What do you call a milk punch?
- Pecan pie
Classic favorites on Christmas!
10. What should you leave for Santa Claus on Christmas?
- Turkey and stuffing
- Apple pie and juice
- Milk and cookies
- Oatmeal and water
Milk and cookies
Santa will thank you a lot!
Thanksgiving Food Trivia
🍗 We have a lot to be thankful about but most of all, we should be thankful for the food that gives us nourishment and happiness each and every day. What better way to celebrate Thanksgiving than by playing some fun Thanksgiving Food Trivia Game with these thanksgiving holiday-themed questions:
👉 Suggested read: 👩🔬 60+ Trivia Questions To Challenge Your Friends
1. How many feathers does a full-grown turkey have?
Yep, turkeys have 3,500 feathers!
2. What was the first American pie?
- Meat pie
- Pecan pie
- Pumpkin Pie
- Apple Pie
At the first Thanksgiving celebration in 1621, pilgrims brought English-style, meat-based recipes with them to the colonies.
3. Which president made Thanksgiving an official and permanent holiday in the USA?
- Abraham Lincoln
- George Washington
- George Bush
- Bill Clinton
A big thanks to President Abe every Thanksgiving!
4. What is the most popular Thanksgiving side dish?
- Pecan Pie
- Mozzarella Cheese
There’s no replacing the stuffing we all love on the sides.
5. About how many pumpkin pies are consumed every year on Thanksgiving?
- 30 million
- 40 million
- 50 million
- 60 million
On average, Americans eat around 50 million pies every year on Thanksgiving.
6. Which Thanksgiving food has the most calories?
- Pecan Pie
- Pumpkin Pie
The most beloved pecan pie will give you the most calories on Thanksgiving.
7. How many calories does a person usually consume on Thanksgiving?
- 4,000 calories
- 2,000 calories
- 5,000 calories
- 3,000 calories
So take it easy on the sweets honey, you’re bound to be very sleepy during the holiday season!
8. What is the main part of a Thanksgiving dinner?
- Baked Beans
The main dish at the center of the table on Thanksgiving will always be the turkey.
9. What are the male turkeys called?
They are turkeys that gobble in order to attract female turkeys.
10. What do you call the Thanksgiving main dish that combines a turkey and a duck?
You might think that the turducken is a modern recipe but it actually dates back to the 18th century!
These yummylicious questions will surely have you eating, playing, and winning in no time!
📖 Suggested read: 35+ History Trivia Questions For All Ages
✍️ November 22, 2021