Here’s a fun way to know more about the story of God, turn it into a game! Play the Bible Trivia Quiz and we're sure that you'll both learn and have fun!✍️ June 3, 2022
- How to Play Bible Trivia
- Play Trivia Online
- Bible Trivia Questions for Everyone
- Bible Trivia Questions for Kids
While religion is a sensitive topic in many places, it’s always something that can bring comfort to anyone’s heart. With the loads of stories that you hear from the Bible, it’s hard to remember them all!
So here’s a short and fun bible trivia quiz with questions and answers to maybe help you remember Jesus’ story in a great way!
How to play the Bible Trivia Quiz
The rules are simple. We’ll be presenting you with a bunch of free bible trivia questions with multiple choices for answers. Try your best not to look up the answers! Then once you’ve decided on an answer, you can click on the “Show Answer” button, and we’ll reveal it to you!
Playing in groups or teams
If you’re playing with a large crowd, divide yourselves into an even number of groups or teams of the same numbers. If there’s an extra group or a group with lesser players, maybe you could play Round Robin!
You can always add a little bit of competition by playing with points to make the game more interesting!
Play Trivia Online
Enjoyed the questions you just answered? Or maybe you’re looking for other trivia questions on another topic. Not to worry!
But if you prefer playing a board game, check out Trivia Pursuit on Amazon:
👉 In meed of more general Trivia Questions? Follow the link!
Bible Trivia Questions
We all know that the Bible and God are something for everyone. Here are some Bible trivia questions and answers that could maybe help you learn more about the word of God.
1. How many books are there in the New Testament?
In the right order, they are Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts of Apostles, Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude, and finally, Revelation.
2. Once Jesus was arrested, which apostle had disowned him three times?
When it comes to going against Jesus, most people just think of Judas Iscariot. While Judas actually betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver by identifying him to the Romans, meanwhile, Peter was the one who denied Jesus, specifically 3 times after he was arrested.
3. Who asked Pilate for Jesus’ body after he was crucified?
- Mary Magdalene
- Mary, Mother of Jesus
- Joseph of Arimathea
- Mary of Clopas
Joseph of Arimathea
You would think that it would be Mary, Mother of Jesus. But no, it is actually Joseph of Arimathea who came in the evening and asked Pilate for Jesus’ body. The other names in the options above were simply present during the crucifixion.
4. Which of the 2 thieves nailed at the cross with Jesus went to Paradise with Him?
Gestas was placed on Jesus’ left, while Dismas was on His right. Gestas mocked Jesus for not saving himself, while Dismas asked for mercy.
5. How many Days and Nights did it rain while Noah was on the ark?
In Genesis 7:12-13, it talked about when Noah set out to sea and how long it had rained while he was on the ark.
6. How many plagues did God send Egypt?
The ten plagues that God sent to Egypt can be found in the following scriptures: Exodus 7:14 to Exodus 12:36.
7. How was Moses saved by his mother when he was a baby?
- She sacrificed herself for him
- She put him in a basket and let him sail along the river
- She hid him somewhere far away
- She gave him up for adoption
She put him in a basket and let him sail along the river
The Pharoah at the time made a decree that all baby boys should be thrown in to the River Nile in fear that they might become too powerful. Jochebed, Moses’s mother, hid him for 3 months. When she could not hide him any longer, she placed him in a waterproof basket and released him in the flow of the River Nile.
8. When Jesus died, which of the occurrences happened first?
- Veil tore into half
- The Tomb broke open
- Babies cried
The earthquake was the first to occur. Then the veil tore in the middle, and then the tomb broke.
9. Upon returning from Egypt, where did Jesus grow up?
This is why Jesus was known as “Jesus of Nazareth” but a lot of Jesus’ teachings occurred in Galilee and Judea.
10. What is the shortest book in the New Testament?
- 2 John
- 3 John
2 John only has 13 verses, while 3 John has 14 verses, Philemon has 25 verses and Jude has 26 verses.
11. How did Judas tip the Roman soldiers on Jesus’ identity?
- Judas pointed towards Jesus
- Judas raised Jesus’ hand
- Judas kissed Jesus
- Judas physically brought Romans to Jesus
Judas kissed Jesus
Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver and did so by kissing him on the cheek when the soldiers were watching.
12. Which Apostle is believed to be the guardian of the gates of Heaven?
Peter was the name given to him by Jesus, he was originally called Simon. Jesus then gave Peter the responsibility of leading the apostles after His death.
13. What did Jesus and his Apostles do at the Last Supper?
- He washed their feet
- He fed them loads of food
- He happily drank with them
- They all prayed together
Jesus washed their feet
In John 13:1-17, it was shown that Jesus washed the feet of His disciples during the Last Supper. He says, “If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet.”
14. In the Gospel of John, which Apostle doubted Jesus’ resurrection?
- Judas, son of James
- Judas Iscariot
Also known as “Doubting Thomas” refused to believe Jesus’ resurrection until he saw it with his own eyes.
15. Who wrote the Book of Revelation?
Written by John the Elder, the Book of Revelation was written while John on the island of Patmos.
16. How many days & nights did Jesus fast?
- 20 days & 20 nights
- 40 days & 40 nights
- 30 days & 30 nights
- 60 days & 60 nights
40 days & 40 nights
The story of Noah’s ark can be found in Genesis 6:9–9:17 where Noah’s life was discussed as well as the events before and after The Great Flood.
17. What is the 3rd Commandment?
- Thou shall not have other Gods
- Thou shall not use God’s name in vain
- Thou shall rest and keep holy on the Sabbath day
- Thou shall honor thy father and mother
Thou shall rest and keep holy on the Sabbath day
Fun fact! The answers above are in order. Sabbath day is commonly recognized as Sunday when most Catholics, Protestants, and Orthodox Christians go to Church.
18. What did Simon Peter do before he was made an apostle?
- Tax collector
Luke was the Physician that was mentioned in the Bible, while the tax collector was Zaccheus. The carpenter mentioned in the Bible was both Joseph and Jesus.
19. In the Acts of Apostles, who is Stephen?
- The Blind Man
- A Roman soldier
- The first Christian martyr
- Jesus’ Apostle
The first Christian martyr
St. Stephen died in 36 CE in Jerusalem. He was accused of blasphemy during his trial, then he made a speech denouncing the Jewish authorities which eventually lead to them stoning him to death.
20. Who is Cain?
- The firstborn of Adam and Eve
- The brother of Abel
- The first murderer
- A local farmer
Trick question! All of the above!
Yes, Cain is all of the above! Cain became enraged when the Lord favored Abel’s offering over his which lead to him killing Abel, becoming the first murderer.
Bible Trivia Questions for Kids
Kids can be pretty hard to talk to about religion, they can either get distracted over the little things, be confused with everything you said, or show no interest at all in the topic. But one thing’s for sure, they will pay attention if you make anything seem like a game.
If you’re maybe looking for a free bible trivia quiz with simpler questions meant for kids, then perfect! We’ve got just the thing for you!
Here are 20 Free Kids Bible Trivia Questions. Allow the kids to enjoy and learn new things with this Bible Trivia Quiz.
1. Who told Mary that she was pregnant with Jesus?
- Angel Gabriel
- The Three Kings
God sent Angel Gabriel down to Nazareth and told her that she would have a son and he would be named “Jesus”
2. How many animals of each kind were brought on the ark?
A male and a female of each kind were brought on the ark so that they could multiply and start rebuilding the population.
3. What day did God declare his rest day after creating the Heavens and Earth?
- 1st day
- 3rd day
- 5th day
- 7th day
In the book of Genesis, it was said that God took 6 days to create Heaven and Earth, then rested on the 7th day (Sunday), which is now considered the Biblical Sabbath day.
4. Who received the 10 commandments from God?
Moses received the 10 commandments from God on Mt. Sinai and they were carved onto two stone tablets.
5. From where did God create Eve?
- The flowers in the Garden
- From Angels
- Adam’s rib
- His image
Even though it was said in Genesis 1:26-27 that God created humankind, it wasn’t until Genesis 2:21 when it was mentioned how God created Eve. In Genesis 2:18, God declared that He would give the man a companion since it was not good for the man to be alone.
6. What is The Holy Trinity?
- Jesus, Mary, and Joseph
- Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit
- Archangels Gabriel, Michael, and Raphael
Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit
The Holy Trinity is used by Catholics before and after each prayer.
7. True or False: Jesus was loved by everyone he met.
Jesus was actually rejected by many people and was even tortured.
8. What is the last book of the Bible?
- 4 Maccabees
4 Maccabees is actually the last book in the Old Testament and Genesis is the first book of the whole Bible. Jude is the book before Revelation.
9. What is the longest book in the Bible?
- Acts of Apostles
The Book of Psalms has over 150 chapters, with 2,527 verses.
10. Who was the first Man and Woman?
- Peter & Mary Magdalene
- Mary & Joseph
- answer 3
- Adam & Eve
Adam & Eve
Adam & Eve were the first humans that God created to be on Earth after he finished creating the whole universe.
11. Where did they stay?
- Garden of Eden
- Garden of Eve
- Garden of Adam
- Garden of God
Garden of Eden
God placed Adam first in the Garden of Eden, then created Eve so that Adam wouldn’t be alone.
12. What sign did God give after The Great Flood?
- More animals
- A Rainbow
- Flowers blooming
- A party
God gave a Rainbow to show that He would not destroy the Earth again with a flood.
13. Where was Jesus baptized?
- River Nile
- Euphrates River
- Tigris River
- Jordan River
Jesus was baptized in the Jordan River by John the Baptist
14. Who did David fight?
- the Romans
The story David & Goliath is a well-known parable about bravery. David had to defeat the giant and champion of the Philistines, Goliath. David wasn’t scared of Goliath because he used his shepherd skills, the way he would kill a bear or a lion that chased his sheep.
15. What was the first miracle done by Jesus in the Bible?
- Walking on water
- Parted the river
- Healed the Blind
- Turned water into wine
Turned water into wine
Turning water into wine was actually the very first miracle that Jesus performed and was recorded in the Bible.
16. Who was the King that wanted to kill Jesus as a baby?
- King Herod
- King David
- King Saul
- King Rehoboam
This is the reason why Joseph took Mary and Jesus to Egypt, where he eventually grew up in.
17. The Acts of Apostles was written by who?
There were over 40 people that wrote the Bible. There are some books in the Bible that were written by several authors, for example, Proverbs was written by Solomon, Agur, and Lemuel.
18. On which day did God create mankind?
- 1st day
- 6th day
- 3rd day
- 7th day
Humankind was the last thing that God created before he took a rest. He spent the first 6 days creating the universe.
19. What miracle did Moses do?
- Parted the Red Sea
- Walked on water
- Raised someone from the Dead
- Built the Ark
Parted the Red Sea
Moses parted the red sea to save the Egyptians. Jesus performed the 2nd and 3rd answers, while it was Noah who built the ark.
20. How did Jesus die?
This event is remembered on Good Friday during the Holy Week every year.