Questions to Ask Your Crush
How do you know if your crush can become something more? Try asking our lists of questions below to see you if you have that spark that can lead to something more!Conversation Starters 👇
Have you ever tried to talk to someone that you were crushing on?
Have you ever tried to strike up a conversation with your crush and lost your nerve? Do you feel like you have no idea what to say or do around them? Do you always feel anxious, thinking that you’d end up saying the wrong thing and make them feel uncomfortable?
It can be super scary, but fear not! You are not alone! Chances are you are not as bad as you think you are.
Coming up with things to talk about with your crush is tough. We’ve come up with questions that will allow you to strike up a fun conversation, break any awkward tension and maybe even spark a connection with your crush!
Here is a great tip for starting a conversation with your crush - talk about what they are interested in. After all, everyone likes talking about their interests.
Here are some easy questions that you can ask to find out what things your crush is into.
- Do you have any hobbies?
- Do you like cooking?
- What are your favorite TV shows?
- What movie do you wish life was more like?
- What movie do you love watching over and over again?
- What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid?
- Who’s your celebrity crush?
- What kind of music do you like?
- How does a typical Saturday look like for you?
- What’s your phone wallpaper?
- Are you a dog or a cat person?
- What’s the worst thing you ever tasted?
- Do you have any strange food preferences?
- What’s your best one-liner?
- Do you like to collect anything? If yes, what?
- What’s the worst injury you’ve ever gotten?
- Do you play any sports? If yes, what?
- What is the best city you’ve ever lived in or traveled to?
- What would you do if you receive a million dollars?
- What was the last book you read?
- Do you prefer watching blockbuster movies or indie movies?
- What is your most bizarre habit?
- Do you have any siblings?
- Which do you prefer - lazing by the beach or by the poolside?
- If you could have one superpower for one day, what would it be?
Get to Know Each Other Questions
Once you become more comfortable talking to your crush, try asking questions that will help you get to know them a little bit more. Make sure to answer some of the questions yourself! Your conversation should be two-way and not an interview!
Use these questions to find out more about both your crush’s unique experiences and see if you have the same perspective on things.
- What’s your biggest fear?
- What is something that you have read or heard that has stuck with you for a long time?
- Where do you wish you could go right now?
- What do you usually do when you hang out with your friends?
- What do you wish people would stop asking you?
- What’s the first thing you’d do if you won the lottery?
- Do you like huge parties, or do you prefer spending time in a small group/alone?
- What’s the best physical gift that you have ever received, and who was it from?
- When was the last time a stranger made your day?
- How would your close friends describe you in three words?
- What was your first impression of me?
- What motivational quote or mantra do you live by?
- What is one thing that you wish you never did?
- What do you do when you’re at your happiest?
- When did you have your first kiss?
- Would you rather be incredibly intelligent or incredibly happy?
- Is there anything you’re wondering about me?
- What’s the best compliment that you have received?
- What story do your friends still tease you about?
- What has been the best year of your life so far?
- What is your favorite meme?
- How do you calm yourself when you are angry?
- What’s the one thing you learned this week?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- Would you rather be in love or have a lot of money?
Most people like spending time with people that they can laugh with over all sorts of things. Find out more about your crush’s sense of humor with these questions. Do they have an absurd, silly, or dry kind of humor?
Keep your conversation light! See if you can make each other laugh while answering these questions.
- Do you think that you will survive in a zombie apocalypse?
- If animals could talk, which do you think would be the rudest?
- What is something that makes everyone look stupid while they are doing it?
- What’s the most ridiculous fact that you know?
- What is the funniest joke you know by heart?
- What would be the absolute worst name you could give your future child?
- What’s the first thing you’d do if you can live as the opposite sex for one day?
- Do you think that you’re a crushable person?
- What silly or funny thing makes you afraid or creeps you out?
- What’s your most embarrassing moment?
- What’s the most ridiculous tattoo you’ve ever seen?
- What is your favorite Pokémon?
- What’s the worst advice that you have ever given a friend?
- What conspiracy theories do you think could be true?
- What’s the dumbest rule you’ve been forced to follow?
- What songs do you like singing in the shower?
- What are small pleasures that make you way happier than they should?
- What is the most cringe-worthy thing you have posted on social media?
- When was the last time you tried to do something to look cool but only ended up in utter embarrassment?
- What’s something weird that you find attractive?
- What’s the most absurd thing that you have done?
- What was fun to do once, but you’ll never do again?
- What’s the weirdest thing you have seen while driving?
- What childish thing do you still enjoy?
- If your life will be turned into a book or a movie, what would be the title?
Once you have gone through the fun and easy questions, it’s time to get to know them even more.
If you think you are ready to talk about more serious stuff, here are some questions that you can ask.
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
- What’s a secret that you have never told anyone?
- Have you ever had your heart broken?
- What is your idea of a perfect date?
- If you could go back in time and talk to yourself, what advice would you give?
- What is something that you bought but regretted?
- Who are you closest to in your family?
- When it comes to priorities like work, life, family, and friends, how does each rank compared to the others?
- What makes you dislike a person?
- Do you think you are a confident person? Why or why not?
- What kind of person do you like being around the most?
- What would your parents be surprised to learn about you?
- What’s the weirdest pet that you want to have?
- What’s in your bucket list?
- What are your personal goals in life?
- Do you like spending time with serious people, or do you like hanging out with light-hearted people?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What about yourself are you most proud of?
- What’s the one thing that drives you crazy about other people?
- What are your pet peeves?
- What’s the most spontaneous thing that you have ever done?
- Are you willing to do something crazy for a friend?
- Would you rather love or be loved?
- Who is the person that you are closest to?
- What’s your dream job?
Are you ready to see if you can have a deep connection with your crush?
👉 Suggested read: Questions to Ask Yourself | 100 Questions
Try asking these questions to understand their personal beliefs and how they look at life. It will be interesting to find out if you can relate to your crush’s answers.
- What is your religion and how religious are you?
- What are your top 5 rules for life?
- Do you believe in fate? Or do you think we make our own fate?
- What brings meaning to your life?
- What life experiences did you miss out on?
- What’s your love language?
- Would you rather be rich and single or poor and in love?
- How do you feel about your partner cheating?
- Would you prefer having a baby without a partner or a partner without a baby?
- What is the most romantic thing that you have ever done?
- What is the one thing you couldn’t live without?
- If you were to get a tattoo, what design would you get?
- Do you believe that each of us has a soul mate?
- What are the most attractive traits a person can have?
- If you die today, do you think that you have lived your life to the fullest?
- What immediately comes to your mind when you hear the word home?
- How does your favorite music make you feel?
- Would you want to live forever? Why or why not?
- What do you usually dream about?
- Do you believe in marriage?
- What has been a recurring theme in your life?
- Do you believe in giving people second chances, and why?
- Have you experienced something that changed your outlook on life?
- Do you believe in Karma?
- If a genie will grant you three wishes, what would your wishes be?
Spark a Connection
When it comes to talking to your crush, you just need to be yourself no matter how cliche it sounds. Don’t fall into the trap of pretending to be someone that you are not to appear more appealing to your crush.
📖 Suggested read: Best Conversation Starters for Friends
If you’re pretending to be someone you think your crush will like, then you are doomed if they start liking this version of you because it’s not you.
Be yourself because you want your crush to like you, and not just a pretend version of you.
These questions are just conversation starters to see if you can have a real connection with your crush. It’s best to let the conversation flow and see where it will take you both.
✍️ January 21, 2021