Questions to ask Friends
You might not realize it but the most memorable times you spend with your friends are those times you spend talking and sharing stuff with each other. Opening up to your friends really deepens your bond. It makes you feel like you belong and that you are understood.✍️ October 28, 2021
- 😂 Fun Questions to Ask Friends
- 🤯 Deep Questions to Ask Friends
- 😏 Juicy Questions to Ask Friends
- 🧳 Questions about Work to Ask Friends
- 😍 Questions about Relationship to Ask Friends
- 😎 Questions about Hobbies to Ask Friends
- 😺 Questions about Pets to Ask Friends
- 🥰 Questions about Family to Ask Friends
Asking good questions will deepen your relationships and improve communication. It’s also interesting to try new things, such as asking different kinds of questions.
Although you’re already very close with your friends, there will really be times when you run out of things to talk about. Spending a lot of time together tends to exhaust all topics you can think of!
That is why we prepared this list of questions that you can use while talking to your best friends. These will surely open up topics you never thought you can talk about!
👉 Want to know the basics on how to start fun conversations? Here are more Conversation Starters!
Fun Questions to Ask Friends
Crazy friends are the best type of friends! With these types of friends, you can get into all sorts of trouble. And asking them fun questions will help you get to know their wild side and unique personalities on a deeper level!
1. Who are you and why are you at my front door?
You just love to make fun of your best friends the moment you see them, right?
2. If you die right now, what would you leave me in your last will?
This funny joke might crack you both up but your ridiculous friends will still answer you in detail of all the things he will leave for you…like all his debt!
3. Can I have some money?
When your friend asks you “How much?” then it’s your lucky day!
4. If you were a chair, who would you like to sit on you?
A naughty question asked by a naughty friend requires an equally naughty answer!
5. If you were to choose, would you rather lose a leg or an arm?
This ridiculous yet tough question will really make your friend lose his/her mind.
6. Who is the first person on your hit list?
A good friend would confess who she/he hates and you can both hate that person together!
7. Which crime will you likely commit?
Who knows? You might be partners in crime!
8. Do you wanna build a snowman?
Your friend can be the Elsa to your Anna!
9. Do you have a useless talent?
Make sure you let them perform that precious talent of theirs.
10. What’s the worst excuse for not showing up you’ve ever made?
Maybe we can try using that excuse on you next time.
11. What was your most embarrassing moment so far?
This question could help us laugh at you guys, or it could just get awkward.
12. What are two funny questions that you can think of right now?
If you already know the answer to these questions, don’t ask them.
13. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island?
This question is more fun if you know the person very well.
14. If you were a bottle of wine, how would you look like?
I don’t care how you look like, you would be my favorite type of wine!
15. What is your guilty pleasure?
I know you guys have some secrets.
Deep Questions to Ask Friends
Good friends are the kind of friends you can trust with anything. These deep questions will help you get to know your good friend on a deeper level, not just about what they look like on the surface!
1. What do you think is the most important thing mankind invented?
You’ll have different answers depending on what you value in life.
2. What’s the best way to move on from heartbreak?
Your friends might suggest for you to cut your hair, eat lots of chocolates, or clean your room!
3. What was the most crucial turning point in your life?
This will make your friend really think about life in general.
📖 Suggested read: Best Conversation Starters for Friends
4. What do you pray for every day?
You’ll realize that your friends are also human beings who dream the same dreams as you do.
5. Do you believe in love and marriage?
No judgments here, just try to listen to why they are trying to say.
6. Does hard work really beat talent? Why do you think so?
This will let you know if your friend also values hard work.
7. Do you agree that quality education is the answer to poverty?
It’s just a question worth asking.
8. Can you forgive someone who has cheated on you?
This will really tell a lot about your friend’s personality.
9. Which book or movie has influenced you the most?
Then later, you can also try reading the book or watching the movie together!
10. What is the meaning of life?
This question will forever be hard to answer.
11. What is your dream job?
Asking about people’s dreams makes us dream bigger.
🤓 Suggested read: 70 Great Relationship Questions To Ask Your Partner
12. What is your definition of a romantic relationship?
This question is sure to get all the answers you need.
13. What is your favorite childhood memory?
People might have happier memories with their friends.
14. What is one personal question you can think of?
If you already know the answer, don’t ask.
15. What is your opinion on life after death?
This question gets us thinking about life after the current one.
Juicy Questions to Ask Friends
Boring friends aren’t good friends! These juicy questions will definitely be the thing to bring life and excitement into your friendship. Just remember, with juicy friends, you can get in some real trouble!
1. If you could fulfill any fantasy, what would it be? Why? How would it play out if the opportunity arose?
This question is not only juicy, but it will give you insight into what really makes your friend tick. It may even create some new fantasies!
2. What is the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done? What made you decide to do it?
This question will give your friend a chance to let their hair down and live on the wild side for just a moment. Spontaneity is such a unique and interesting aspect of personality, so it’s definitely worth knowing more about!
3. What do you want to achieve in the next 5 years? How are you trying to achieve this goal?
This question will reveal how ambitious your friend is. It also shows that you are equally interested in their future as they are in yours.
4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Why there?
This question will tell you where your friend has traveled to and what kind of lifestyle they lead. It also shows that you are interested in not only their lives now, but also where they see themselves living five years from now!
5. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
This question will bring a peaceful and serene air to your conversation. It also shows that you are interested in the deeper things in life, not just what’s on the surface!
6. What are your favorite guilty pleasures?
This question will give you a chance to let your hair down and indulge in life’s guilty pleasures with your friend. It also shows that you are interested in what makes them tick!
🤓 Suggested read: Questions for Friends: Deepen your friendship
7. Do you remember when we first met?
This is a great question to ask your friend because it will show how well you know them and give insight into their world and life before you were friends. It also helps your friendship become more cemented in time and experience!
8. If we could go anywhere right now, where would you take me?
This question is a great way to bring your friends into the present and help it grow in exciting new directions! Your friend will also be able to see the world through your eyes and experience all of its possibilities. This helps spark creativity and imagination within your friendship, which can never hurt!
9. How many people have you kissed?
This question will help you get to know your friend on a deeper level. You might even discover how many people you’ve kissed!
10. What’s your biggest turn-on?
This will help you figure out what turns your friend on. You might even be surprised by their answer!
11. What is your pet peeve?
It’s good to relieve stress by complaining.
12. What is your favorite memory about me?
I hope it’s when we first met. Or this current moment.
👉 Suggested read: List of the Best Ice Breaker Questions that will Spark Conversations
13. If you were ice cream, what flavor would you be?
I would be the type of ice cream that melts fast. Lol. That was so funny.
14. What would you do to make a long-distance relationship more fun?
I would try to visit more often.
15. If you could swap one physical feature with me, what would that be?
This question is just for fun. There’s no right answer. But take the answer as a compliment!
Questions about Work to Ask Friends
Not all friends have the same interests. That being said, it can be hard to find things you have in common. These questions about work will help your friendships grow!
1. How long do you plan to work for your current employer?
When others ask this question, you tend to lie and say the ‘long term’ but when your BFFs ask this, you’re not afraid, to tell the truth.
2. Is everything okay at work?
Your friend will appreciate your concern. You never know, they might just be waiting for someone to ask them how they’re doing!
3. Are there any single hot guys/girls at your office?
This question is something you’ll look forward to, especially if the answer is YES.
4. What is your boss like?
This question will make you start comparing bosses which is a really fun topic.
5. Is the pay at your company enough?
You can hear this question from friends who are looking for jobs and are planning to apply to your company.
6. Are you truly happy with your job right now?
Concerned friends just want what’s best for you and will support you no matter what.
7. What do you really want in life?
This can be a follow-up question to number 6. Friends will encourage you to follow your dreams!
8. Do you think I can do better?
Here’s a question you can ask your friends when you need that extra push and confidence in your career!
9. Can you work far from home?
Every concerned friend who will miss you when you’re away will ask this!
10. Do you approve of romance in between officemates?
Uhmmm, why not? Lol. Kidding aside, this is one issue in the workplace that everyone talks about a lot!
👉 Suggested read: Fun Questions to Ask - Funny conversation starters
11. What was your proudest moment at your job so far?
Do you guys have any daily goals that you want to brag about?
12. Do you have any conspiracy theories about your boss?
This question might get some interesting answers. I am so ready for the gossip!
13. What was your biggest accomplishment in life so far?
I never heard of anyone regretting their biggest accomplishment in life.
14. Have you ever answered false questions truthfully at work and got some problems afterward?
This is more of a confession than a question.
15. Who is the most intelligent person at your office?
This question might get some answers that you would never expect.
Questions about Relationship to Ask Friends
Good friends are like family! These questions will let you know all about your good friend’s relationships! Don’t be embarrassed, they’re probably curious too!
📖 Suggested read: 60 Great Insults To Get On People's Nerves
1. What’s the best kind of love?
You’ll be amazed at how varied your answers will be!
2. What’s the ultimate secret to a great relationship?
We all need some tips from each other.
3. Who’s your greatest love?
We all have that special person wherever they may be.
4. Can you sleep without resolving the fight you just had with your partner?
We can all learn from this, you know.
5. Is it true that the happiest couples start as friends?
This is always worth talking about. Your friends can share how their relationships started, too!
6. What do you like or love most about your partner?
You must have a lot of answers!
7. What can help keep the spark in a relationship?
Cuddles? Love letters? Dates? Sex?
8. How do you show affection for your partner?
There are different types of lovers, you’ll get to know which types your friends are!
9. When was the last time you said “I love you”?
Others might not be as vocal as you are so don’t be shocked if saying it is not as frequent for them as it is for you.
10. Is it really necessary to know everything about your partner’s exes?
Your feisty friends would definitely say yes!
11. Did you ever date a messy person? How was it?
Please don’t go with them on a desert island!
12. Who would you invite as a date for a fantasy dinner party?
This is another question that can get some interesting answers.
13. What is one relationship you regret in life?
Is it the biggest regret in your life?
14. Do you believe in soul mates?
That is a meaningful question. Better think twice about the answer!
15. Would you ever leave someone because of their medical condition?
This is one of the thoughtful questions. But I hope you won’t leave them.
Questions about Hobbies to Ask Friends
Friends who have similar interests are the best friends! Sometimes you just click right away with a friend from the start because they have the same interests as you. There’s nothing better than finding a friend that has your favorite hobbies!
📖 Suggested read: 100+ Great Questions to Ask Your Girlfriend
1. What is your favorite hobby?
The most cliche but important question in this category.
2. What book made you cry the most?
Don’t be shy about it. You never know your friends also cried over that story, too!
3. Who is your role model character in your favorite story or movie?
We won’t judge your preference so spill!
4. What do you usually do before you sleep?
Some pray, some read, some binge-watch and others just stare at the ceiling, which one are you?
5. Which sport do you enjoy playing?
You never know when a friend is hiding that secret sporty side of him or her!
6. What is your go-to movie on Saturday nights?
You can all watch it afterwards together!
7. Which hobby would you have if you were super rich?
Don’t we all just wanna dream?
8. Which movie has moved you to become a better person?
Facing the Giants? The Green Mile? Get ready for some real tear-jerkers!
🤓 Suggested read: 20 Questions: Conversation Starter Game | Gameplay
9. Which is your favorite Nicholas Sparks movie?
Fall in love once more with some romance classics!
10. Which is the most boring hobby in your opinion?
Is there such a thing as a boring hobby? You’re about to find out!
11. What are some current trends you’re into?
We probably want to try some trends if they are great!
12. How would you spend your perfect vacation?
This can give us some ideas for our next vacation.
13. What is your favorite board game?
This can get us playing games with you guys more often.
14. Do you have favorite scents?
This is an interesting question because it can get some unique answers.
15. What do you think of video games? What’s your favorite game?
This question gives us some insight into what games you play in your free time.
Questions about Pets to Ask Friends
Pets and animals can say so much about a person. If you’ve got a friend who has similar interests as you, they probably have pets too! And what better way to find out more about your friends than by asking questions about their pets?
1. What is the name of your pet?
You’re going to be amazed at how creative pet names can be!
2. What’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought for your pet?
Some people are just crazy about their pets.
3. Who is your favorite pet?
No matter how many times you say that you love all your pets equally, you will still have your favorites, and that’s fine.
4. What’s one animal you wish you could have as a pet?
Maybe you’d like a pet tiger or a pet elephant?
5. What’s the weirdest name you’ve given a pet?
Some use food names, old people names, and even numbers!
6. Do you have a cute photo of your pet?
This will end up with all of you sharing pictures and gushing over your pets.
7. Which among your pets is the most expensive one?
If your pets were just given to you, just try to search online how much it would be to buy them.
8. What’s the most human thing you let your pet do?
Some sleep in their own beds, some actually walk like humans, some can even talk!
📖 Suggested read: 300+ Great Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend
9. What are your pet’s favorite toys and games?
Share your tips!
10. How do you deal with your pet when it’s in a bad mood?
We’d love to hear about them!
11. Have you ever had an imaginary pet?
Sounds like a nice imaginary friend!
12. Do you think human life is worth more than a pet life?
This question can make us think about life.
13. If you think about your dream house, do you have pets there?
This question can get some answers that you never expected.
14. Would you rather have a pet or a boyfriend/girlfriend?
I trust your answer. But this question can get some funny answers.
15. Have you ever been through a pet loss?
This question can get some deep answers.
Questions about Family to Ask Friends
Family is important. Friends who understand this will be your best friends forever! Find out a little more about your friend’s family by asking some good questions that they’ll love answering!
🤓 Suggested read: 350 Good Questions to Ask - Conversation Starter
1. How’s everything at home?
This is a normal question between good friends.
2. Are your parents still pressuring you to do what they want you to do?
You can easily open up to your friends about this.
3. Did you get the chance to meet your great-grandparents?
Not everyone gets the chance to meet their great grandparents, this can lead to a fascinating story.
4. Are your parents strict?
You’ll end up comparing your experiences but in the end, you’ll realize you love your parents no matter what.
5. What is your happiest memory at home?
Talking about this will make you all realize how great the feeling is to be with your family.
6. Would you like to have kids someday?
You won’t have the same opinions so try to be open-minded.
7. How did you get your name?
Your parents probably have told you about the origin of your name so tell your friends about it!
8. Do your parents usually trust you?
If your parents do, lucky for you! Just remember that they love you, that’s why they’re doing what they’re doing.
9. Do you clean your own room?
Don’t be shy if you don’t, we all have bad habits!
10. How often do you visit your grandparents?
Upon sharing with your friends, you’ll realize that spending quality time with your grandparents is very important.
11. What is your favorite family tradition?
This question gets us thinking about family traditions.
12. Would you trade one of your family members for a random person if you get 1 million dollars for it?
This is a hard choice. Please don’t do it!
13. What happened on your favorite family vacation?
This question can give us some ideas on where to go on a vacation.
14. What is your favorite family recipe?
This question can get some secretive family recipes that we never knew of.
15. What is your favorite family get-together?
This question can get us thinking about some good memories.
Effective, entertaining, and easy communication make great friends! Sometimes all we really need in order to brighten our day is to talk with our friends, forget our problems and just have fun!
👉 Looking for more conversation starters and fun questions you can ask your friends and families? Follow this link: Conversation Starters!