69 Great Pick-up Lines
Pick-up lines are out? Are you kidding me? Here are the 69 best pick-up lines ever for you.✍️ May 20, 2022
- 🥰 Amazing pick-up lines
- 🤭 Cute pick-up lines
- 🙈 Bad and fun pick-up lines
- 👨 Pick-up lines for him
- 👩 Pick-up lines for her
The art of flirting is not for everyone. Some act like the first human on earth, while others just run like clockwork. Understandably, ready-made sayings come in handy for those less talented. We have made it our mission to list the 69 best pick-up lines we have ever come across.
If you want to get to know someone through a pick-up line, always pay attention to the situation, the surroundings, and of course, the person you are approaching. It is always best if you breathe a little life into it, and don’t just recite it.
If pick-up lines are too risky or silly for you, we’ve got some great articles with a lot of conversation starters or fun questions to ask. These will help you if you want to talk to a person you want to get to know!
As with all things in life, tastes of pick-up lines differ widely.
Have fun with our list of pick-up lines!
Amazing pick-up lines
All pick-up lines are not created equal. First up is our list of pick-up lines that we loved and are the most likely to guarantee you success without the risk of making a blunder.
1. So here I am. What are your other two wishes?
This pick-up line is great because it has a little story in it. Almost everyone has wished for the real thing at some point. This wish has now apparently come true. But every good genie in a bottle fulfills three wishes.
2. You have to be lucky: I’m single!
When saying this pick-up line, you make a statement right from the start: You are an incredibly good catch. Subconsciously, if you have said this confidently, your counterpart will also understand this and will definitely want to speak to you. Maybe they ask why they should be lucky. In that case, you should be prepared. You may then have a funny story ready and are obviously exaggerating excessively. Make the person laugh!
3. Actually, I don’t approach men/women. I have no idea what’s wrong with me right now. What’s your name?
This one is probably one of the most subtle but, at the same time, one of the greatest compliments that you can give a person. This is because it suggests that you just had to talk to them as if you were under their spell. Talking about fate, baby! It will be difficult to be rejected as a result.
4. We may not be socks, but we would definitely make a great pair.
Carried out cheekily, this pick-up line can guarantee a laugh. Nobody likes to be a lonely sock, and almost every single is looking for their significant other.
5. If you would go on a date with me, give me a little smile.
This type of pick-up line is great as most people will at least smile whether they like it or not. You can also replace the word date with something else. (There are even a few more examples coming.) And in the not unlikely event that the person actually says yes to a date, it is certainly not wrong if you already have a suggestion for a great date up your sleeve.
6. Do you believe in love at first sight? Or do I actually have to walk past you again?
Another one that can work really well with enough self-confidence.
7. Don’t worry or cumber, just dial this number: …
If you have printed out business cards with your name and number in advance, which you then hand over to the person, you will undoubtedly reap a puzzled face. But the effort is mostly rewarded. Just don’t be surprised if you get some prank calls giving out your number to too many.
8. Child, what are you still doing here?! Don’t you have to be in my bed by now?
Use this pick-up line in a disapproving, parental tone. You can be pretty sure that the person will be laughing unless they are entirely humorless. Besides, a certain erotic tension is built up at the same time, which is certainly not wrong.
9. Do you know what really amazes me? That we don’t even know each other yet.
If you wait a bit between asking the question and resolving it, the person is sure to smile. They will probably ask why you are surprised. If you’re a bit of a jack-of-all-trades who is actually pretty well known, this one is perfect.
10. Dear God, do you have a fever? You look hot as hell!
With this pick-up line, the great and the bad part are almost balanced - but only almost. Personally, I find it quite amusing, mainly because it doesn’t offend the other person. If you also have a thermometer with you, the person is sure to laugh. Or look confused. Anyway, then at least you had your fun.
11. I’m not someone for a one-night stand, but I could spare two or three hours.
If you are more of the cheeky kind and bring this line with a half-serious smile, the other person will undoubtedly react in amusement. This one is almost a little bold, but if you’re just looking for someone to have fun for a few hours, it is excellent.
12. Hey, do you think we might have friends in common? Somebody really needs to introduce us to each other!
If you want, you can also use this one but say that a mutual friend should set you two up.
13. How does it feel to be the most beautiful woman/man in the room?
A good compliment is seldom wrong; only this is packed into a question. Usually, shallow compliments are less suitable as most people will be downright allergic to them, but the person will be too busy wondering how they feel.
Cute pick-up lines
These pick-up lines are sometimes so cute that they give you a toothache. Some may be a little too cheesy to be true. But if you act like the languishing lover, it can cause a few laughs and certainly start a conversation.
14. Hey, I’m from out of town. Is there anything else worth seeing besides you?
A sugar-sweet compliment that puts your counterpart on the same level as sights. If you are really not from the area, then try this pick-up line!
15. I have no idea who you are, but I would really like to know.
You are suggesting that you feel that the person is important in one way or another. Since it’s not a question, the person will almost always respond by at least telling their name.
16. When I saw you, I just had to speak to you. Otherwise, I would be afraid I might never see you again.
This pick-up line is almost a little too cheesy and looks like it came from a cheap Hollywood romance. But using it to approach the right person can set the mood right from the start.
17. Do you believe in fate?
Some believe in it; some don’t. But if the person believes in it, they will undoubtedly respond openly to your attempt to get to know them. In an emergency, you can respond to a negative answer with “Neither do I. Do we want to try anyway?”.
🤓 Suggested read: 40+ Best Naruto Pick-Up Lines To Impress Your Favorite Nerd
18. Having weaknesses is only human. You are mine!
A pretty corny pick-up line that also assumes you have a certain strength.
19. If I were a cat, I would want to spend all of my nine lives with you.
God, isn’t that cute? If you’re talking to a cat person, you’ve definitely won with a pick-up line like this—at least a conversation.
20. We’d both look as sweet as sugar as marzipan figures on a wedding cake, right?
This pick-up line is so contrary to all the dirty ones that it can seem very strange. And even if the person isn’t that into you, marzipan characters always look cute probably because they contain enough sugar.
21. I’ve had a shitty day so far. But your smile saved it.
We’ve all had a bad day before. And don’t we all want to soothe someone’s day? This pick-up line is just a charming compliment.
22. If you were a vegetable, you would be a sweet potato.
When I heard this pick-up line for the first time, I couldn’t decide whether to laugh or melt away. It’s so insanely innocent and a little clumsy that you’re sure to make someone smile with it.
📖 Suggested read: ❤️ 24+ Good First Date Ideas To Impress Your Crush
23. Hey, can I look at you up close instead of having to do it across the room all the time?
Even if this saying is kind of cute, it is one thing for sure: a little bit creepy. Pay attention to who you say this to. However, the right person may feel very flattered. If the two of you kept looking at each other for quite a while now, it could work really well.
24. The universe has something very special in mind for both of us, otherwise, we would not have met now!
This is similar to the one about fate but is a little more specific. If the person you’re talking to is curious, they’ll surely want to start a conversation with you.
25. Gosh, with my brain and your body, we could breed the perfect human.
In principle, you can also name other qualities here, but the pick-up line probably works best with the brain and body.
26. If life were a puzzle, you would be my missing piece.
I almost wanted to put this line to the bad ones, but somehow I find it quite sweet, if cheesy. Aren’t we all looking for the last pieces of the puzzle in our lives?
27. I would never play hide and seek with you because someone like you cannot be found a second time.
I think this saying is excellent. Perhaps it is only halfway suitable as a pick-up line, but uttering these words in the course of a flirt will definitely melt them away.
28. You have to come to my wedding! Because what kind of wedding would it be without the bride/groom?
It is best to wait a little before explaining the person you are approaching why they should come to build some tension. As soon as the why has been asked, take the last sentence, and you can be sure that they will smile.
29. Your eyes tell me a lot, but they won’t tell me your name.
For my taste, this almost falls under the category of lousy pick-up lines but is still cute enough to find a place here. After all, the eyes reveal a lot about a person, just not their name.
Bad and fun pick-up lines
Welcome to Cringetown. Now we have come to the crème de la crème of pick-up lines. The following are so bad as to be funny again! If you play a game like who knows the worst pick-up lines, you are well served here.
👉 Suggested read: 👨🏻🔬 Top 50 Science Pick-Up Lines
Unfortunately, there are more bad or lousy pick-up lines in the world than really good ones. Therefore this section is probably the longest.
30. Don’t I know you from somewhere?
A classic and yet lousy in its own way because it is mostly used as a pick-up line. The sad thing about it: I actually often have the feeling that I know someone, but don’t dare to ask because they think they see a cheap pick-up line behind my question.
31. Do you happen to be called Google? Because you are everything, I’ve been looking for!
Cringy! I can already imagine the face of the person after you uttered this pick-up line.
32. I’m so bad in bed; you just need to experience that.
Also a classic among the lousy pick-up lines. I don’t know anyone for whom it actually worked. Feel free to try it out. Men are more likely to take up the offer than women.
33. Hey, I’m Microsoft. Can I crash at your place tonight?
Oh, Windows is notorious for crashing. But this crash that you are prophesying here would be of a completely different caliber.
📖 Suggested read: 30+ Anime Pick-Up Lines To Impress Your Choosen One
34. I didn’t even know that your mother had children!
Whatever you want to say with a line like that, I don’t think I want to know.
35. What other hobbies do you have other than being irresistible?
As soon as I read this sentence, I see a sleazy guy who says the same sentence to hundreds of women and never succeeds. But he doesn’t give up. So he’s a role model somehow, I guess? 🤔
36. I’m not really into one-night stands, but I would make an exception for you.
Somehow I’m ambivalent about this one: On the one hand, you position yourself as someone who doesn’t just sleep with someone; on the other hand, that’s exactly what you offer. With a lot of luck, it could be taken as a compliment.
37. I am a fortune-teller. I just need your name; then I’ll tell you what your name is!
If you also ask for ten bucks, at least they’ll laugh, and you’ll have made a good deal.
38. I work as a moving guy. May I help you to move out – of your clothes?
Word jokes are almost always the best pick-up lines - and this one is somehow so bad as to be good again.
39. I wish I would squint. Then I could see you twice.
I was tempted to add this one to the cute pick-up lines, but who’s into a human chameleon?
40. Are you fresh out of the oven? Because you are damn hot!
It’s so bad it almost hurts. Hopefully, if you have the courage to use this one, you won’t burn your fingers. ba-dum-tss
41. If you want to sleep with me, just give a smile!
We already know the lines with the smile, but this one adds a bit of audacity on top. And the sad thing is, most people will laugh precisely because of that, even though they are not interested in your offer. In principle, however, you could make a joke of it and, as soon as the person smiled, say the following: “Well, listen, I’m not that easy either.”
42. Greenpeace should sue you: you are the real cause of global warming.
If you approach the wrong person with this pick-up line, a dispute about the environment and climate change could emerge. So caution is advised with this one as to who you are talking to. Unless you’re a troll, who likes to provoke, then this kind of pick-up line is your golden ticket.
🤓 Suggested read: Top 40 Star Wars Pick-Up Lines
43. Finally, someone for whom I don’t have to put on my beer goggles.
Although this saying is actually a compliment, it is also very bold and shows how superficial you are. If that’s not who you are, I would skip this one.
44. If you have no idea what to do with your hands, I’ll be happy to hold them for you.
In some way, it is almost one of the cutesy pick-up lines, but why should you hold hands with a stranger? It would definitely lead to some weird moments.
45. Hey, can I invite you to some hard liquor? After that, even I look alright.
God, this one would also be almost cute, but it’s rather sadly good. Somehow I could well imagine that one could have success with this pick-up line. Or at least I could.
46. Your feet must hurt like hell, the way you’ve been going through my mind all the time.
A classic among the lousy pick-up lines. It would be heroic if you also offered a foot massage … My God, please don’t do that. 😂
🤓 Suggested read: The 30 Worst Pick-Up Lines
47. Hey, today I changed bed. Unfortunately, a second duvet by mistake. Do you want it?
Even if everyone appreciates a bed with fresh linen, you are more likely to encounter rejection here. If you still want to use this pick-up line, go ahead.
48. I noticed you noticed I noticed you.
This one is kind of funny because it makes people think. If there is already a little alcohol in play, this line can become a real mindfuck. Perhaps you can think of something similar that you can use to fry their head and to notch up your performance.
49. Hey, I lost my phone number. Do you lend me yours?
Another classic. (Somehow, the classics are lousy, huh?) If you get their number like that, I congratulate you warmly.
50. Hey, should we go out to eat first, or should I feed you my love right away?
This one is so clearly ambiguous that it almost hurts. What do you mean by “your love”?
51. Sometimes paradise is just a glance away.
I’m just imagining a scene where you approach this person at a bar in this way, immediately turn to the bartender as soon as you have their attention, order, and then leave the person behind. Imagine their reaction!
52. Can you give mouth-to-mouth resuscitation? Because you are breathtaking.
Oh, this one just hurts, doesn’t it? However, if you are asthmatic and use your inhaler after saying it, it might look fun.
53. Hey, I lost my keys. Can I sleep at your place?
I actually lost my keys once, and with the help of this pick-up line, I had somewhere to sleep, even though it is so trite and bad. Sometimes the bad ones are good enough after all. 😉
54. Did you know that kissing is the language of love? I would really like to talk to you.
Can you already picture the reaction?
55. Hey, are you actually coming on our date?
Hopefully, the person won’t say that they were going to stand you up. If so, they surely have to compensate, right? With a drink, for example.
56. You are so beautiful; I forgot my pick-up line.
This one is on the brink between good and bad because it can somehow come across as honest, even if it is absolutely not.
57. May I follow you? My mom always said that you should always follow your dreams.
CREEPY STALKER MODE - ACTIVATED.
🤓 Suggested read: 30+ Funny The Office Pick-Up Lines To Impress Your Crush
Pick-up lines for him
With all the pick-up lines, there are, of course, some that are particularly suitable for men or women. The following are best when a man says them to a woman.
58. There are many guys who want to hook up with girls with some sort of pick-up line. Believe me: I am very different!
I love meta-jokes. This one is especially cool because you claim one thing but do the other at the same time. Don’t men always claim to be different from others?
59. You are definitely one of those girls who nobody dares to speak to because you’re so pretty. Fortunately, I’m not a nobody.
If there is an ultra-male pick-up line, it’s this one!
60. God bless you, my child! Ah, apparently he already has.
If you say this like a priest at mass, it can be either disturbing or amusing.
61. Hey, I’m not like the others. I don’t want to get in bed with you; the sofa would be fine for me.
The greatest thing about such sayings is when you arouse certain expectations but immediately eradicate them. The girl will definitely laugh even if she isn’t interested in your offer. Sometimes it’s enough just to make people laugh.
👉 Suggested read: Top 40 Minecraft Pick-Up Lines
62. Girl! You have more humps than a herd of camels!
Some women might take this as a compliment; others might feel harassed. It will be particularly bad if you say it to a somewhat overweight lady.
63. You seldom see women with such a beautiful smile. Are you always so happy
This one is more suitable for men because women often wear a so-called “resting bitchface” when they go out to keep unpleasant guys at bay. If the woman is actually smiling that much, you can use this pick-up line as a compliment. If, on the other hand, she looks pissed, it can be used as a sarcastic tease. But do you really want to mess with her?
64. Anyone who speaks to you really has guts.
This one is also great because you insinuate yourself to be a brave man. Of course, that never goes comes across poorly. Pick-up lines, however, do more often than not.
Pick-up lines for her
With all the pick-up lines, there are, of course, some that are particularly suitable for men or women. The following are best when a woman says them to a man.
Tip for women: women generally have the advantage of encountering less rejection than men. So take courage!
65. What do you think of a role reversal? I’ll buy you something to drink.
This pick-up line is great because men are used to buying women drinks. If you then buy him one, he’ll be pleasantly surprised.
66. Hey, if you want to get to know me now, you should hurry up. I’m going to leave soon.
This one is best suited if the two of you have had eye contact before, but the guy has not yet dared to speak to you. In this way, you build up pressure and, at the same time, have relieved him of his first move.
67. Who’s my daddy?
Definitely a sexual pick-up line, but if you really like this guy, why not?
68. Hey, you look like my next boyfriend.
A very direct and honest pick-up line that is sure to generate interest. Unless the guy has a girlfriend, he’ll at least want to have a conversation with you and get to know you.
69. Will you lend me your cell phone for a minute? I’m supposed to call my mom as soon as I find my dream man.
This pick-up line is kind of cute. It will definitely sweeten the day of your “dream man”.
That was our list of the 69 best pick-up lines. We hope you had fun and use one or the other on occasion!
That was our list of the 40 dirtiest pick-up lines! Maybe you can actually use these pick-up lines to pick someone up or at least make them laugh, which is not wrong either.
Ready to brush up on your flirting skills even more? These books can help you learn how to send the right signals, make a great first impression, and keep the spark alive in your relationships:
- Flirting: How to Flirt for Women Wanting to Date a High-Value Man, Including Seductive Body Language Techniques and a Guide to Get Your Ex Back
- How to Flirt with a Guy: A Girl’s Guide to Being Flirtatious and Getting the Guy You Want
- Flirt Fearlessly: The A to Z Guide to Getting Your Flirt On
- Dating Sucks, but You Don’t: The Modern Guy’s Guide to Total Confidence, Romantic Connection, and Finding the Perfect Partner