Icebreaker for Couples
Couples can also use icebreakers to get to know each other better or as a conversation starter. Icebreakers break down some barriers or awkwardness between two people!Conversation Starters 👇
We're hiring and looking for a fully remote UI/UX designer. Apply now!
- 😎 1. Truth or Dare
- 😂 2. Scavenger Hunt
- 🤗 3. Art and Music improvisation icebreaker game
- 🤯 4. Travel Trivia
- 😘 5. Who Am I
- 🤭 6. Would You Rather
- 🤩 7. Start Counting Your Blessings
- 🥥 8. Coconut Mania for Couples
When we think of icebreakers, we generally think of children and games. But can couples use them as well? The answer is yes! Couples can also use icebreakers to get to know each other better or as a conversation starter.
While some people might feel that they don’t need help getting to know someone else, this is not always the case. We all have different personalities and quirks which make us who we are, but it still may be difficult for those on either side of the table to initiate a conversation with one another.
This is where an icebreaker comes in handy! Icebreakers help break down some barriers or awkwardness between two people who may or may not know each other very well at first glance. They come in many forms – from games and questions to exercises and even playlists.
1. Truth or Dare for Couples
This game is not only enjoyable, but it may also help you understand more about your partner and what they enjoy doing. It may be as simple as honestly informing them where their favorite spot to eat is or whether they’re brave enough to kiss you for a single second while staring into your eyes!
The gameplay is really easy. One starts by asking the following question: “Truth or Dare?” The other person then decides if he would rather answer a question honestly or perform a dare.
You ask your partner: “Truth or Dare?”
Your partner answers: “Truth!”
You: “Who was your first crush?”
Then your partner answers with the name of his/her first crush.
👉 Here you can find out more about Truth or Dare!
Best Truth or Dare Questions for Couples
Keep reading and enjoy the best Truth or Dare Questions for you and your significant other:
- Have you ever sent nudes of yourself?
- What do you think about open relationships?
- Have you ever paid for sex?
- How was your first sex experience?
- What is your secret fantasy?
Best Dares for Couples
Do you know what’s even better than asking questions in Truth or Dare? Performing Dares! Dares are an ideal way for you and your partner to get to know each other better. Enjoy!
- Give your partner a hickey.
- Take a body shot off your partner.
- Sing a sexy song to your partner.
- Act as if you are hitting on your partner.
- Do a sexy dance!
👉 Are you looking for more hot and kinky Dares for Couples?!
Play Truth or Dare online
2. Scavenger Hunt
If you’re searching for something that’s perfect for a special event or scenario, consider the scavenger hunt! This icebreaker is ideal for discovering new locations with your partner. You may go out and explore the surrounding area, then return to compare notes on what you discovered.
Tips for creating a romantic Scavenger Hunt for your partner
Would you like to surprise your partner with a romantic scavenger hunt? Have the courage and try it out! I swear to you, it’s a lot easier than you might think right now. Just follow our tips!
1. Think of the highlights: Start by thinking carefully about your relationship. Where did you get to know each other? How did it start? Think of all the important places!
2. Create the way: Have you already chosen your favorite places? Great. Now all you have to do is connect these places together for your journey.
3. Make up the cues: As important as the places, are the cures for your partner. Make sure it’s not too easy for him/her!
4. Enjoy the journey: Last but not least, hand the Scavenger Hund to your partner and accompany him/her on the journey.
3. Art and Music improvisation icebreaker game
If you and your spouse are passionate about art, you might try recreating a famous work of art. What’s better yet is if you utilize an old sheet or canvas that has been painted with only the most basic of paints and paper! You may also make music with household objects like spoons, water bottles, pots, and pans. Both are great icebreakers for couples who love to become creative together.
Artworks for your icebreaker game
- Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci
- Billie Jean by Michael Jackson
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
- Für Elise by Ludwig van Beethoven
- Harry Potter by Joanne K. Rowling
- Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
- Titanic by James Cameron
- Toxic by Britney Spears
- The Kiss by Gustav Klimt
- Come Together by The Beatles
👉 This game can be turned into Charade very easily! Here you can find out everything about Charades!
4. Travel Trivia
Playing Travel Trivia with your partner may help you learn more about each other! If you and your spouse enjoy traveling, this is the icebreaker for you. This game may be played at home or on the road; it doesn’t matter where as long as you both get them right!
Some travel trivia examples: - What’s the world’s happiest place? - What’s the place with the lowest crime rate? - What’s the longest sea-crossing?
👉 Follow this link for our Couples Trivia Questions!
Join Trivia Live
5. Who Am I
This icebreaker is not only useful for breaking the ice, but it is also really fun. You can play this guessing game anytime and anywhere! The players need to guess the character/personality by asking yes or no questions. The name of the character/person will be written on a piece of paper and pasted on the player’s forehead.
Who Am I Ideas
- Kylie Jenner
- Donald Duck
- Tom Hanks
- Marilyn Monroe
- John Lennon
- Joanne K. Rowling
- Justin Bieber
- Princess Diana
- Christiano Ronaldo
👉 Here you can out find more about the Who Am I Game!
6. Would You Rather
This game is like Truth or Dare, but you must make choices rather than answer questions. Every question starts with: Would You Rather. These might be easy ones such as “Would you rather be able to turn something into reality by drawing it or make something disappear just by erasing it?” or “Would you rather have every movie spoiled for you before you watch it or not be able to watch a new movie until it’s been released for one year?”
This is a great game to play with your partner and will provide both of your insides into each other minds.
Best Would You Rather Questions for Couples
- Would you rather not be able to talk or not be able to walk?
- Would you rather be able to fly or become invisible?
- Would you rather never use your smartphone or your computer again?
- Would You Rather be the cool and lenient parents or the strict ones?
- Would You Rather have it rough or slow?
- Would You Rather dress casual or formal?
- Would you rather have blurry vision all the time or see everything in black and white?
- Would you rather live forever or die in the next five minutes?
- Would you rather have no elbows or have no knees?
- Would You Rather give gifts or receive them?
👉 If you’re looking for more great Would You Rather Questions, check this article out!
7. Start Counting Your Blessings
This is a very personal icebreaker game. While it may be used for introductions, it’s also great for bringing an event to a close. It works well when you have invited other couples to your place.
To begin with, turn off the lights. burning candles may help to create a more personal atmosphere. Arrange all players in a circle in the room. The aim of this game is for players to concentrate on the many blessings they have in their lives. Make sure people provide specific examples when mentioning thanks. Instead of stating that you’re grateful for your family, offer more precise examples, such as thanking someone who assisted you with something or adding a new member to the family.
Your partner says: “I am grateful for my partner because he makes me feel beautiful.”
Then you say: “I am grateful for our home because it makes me feel comfortable.”
This game is simply a means for everyone to express their gratitude and may serve as a wonderful ice breaker.
8. Coconut Mania for Couples
Coconut Mania is a great game is a great icebreaker if you have a few couples over and you don’t know each other well. This is a funny game that can be played by couples who like to have fun and are athletic.
Coconut Mania for Couples requires coconuts, so add these to your shopping list.
To start out each couple will hold up a coconut between their foreheads after everyone has arrived. They are not allowed to use anything other than their foreheads to keep the coconuts in place.
One of the players is designated as host or hostess. The host will instruct the participants to execute movements such as “Move the coconuts to your shoulder,” “Squat” or “Try to jump.”
Every team must attempt to follow the instructions exactly, without dropping their coconut. If a couple drops their coconut, they are out of the game. The team that is still standing at the end of the game is the winner.
In this article, we’ve provided some icebreaker ideas for couples that will help you get started. Whether it’s Coconut Mania or who am I, these games should be able to provide the couple with an enjoyable time while also providing insights into each other’s personalities!
👉 Are you looking for more ways to break the ice between you and your partner? Take a look at our 100 Questions for Couples and 70 Conversation Starters for Couples!
✍️ September 20, 2021