Funny questions to ask
Looking for some fun questions to ask and answer? Here's a list of funny questions to get a conversation going. Because everyone enjoys a good laugh!Conversation Starters — May 13, 2020
Asking a fun question can lead to many interesting conversations. Coming up with those questions can be tricky, though.
Here are some funny questions to get you started. Whether you like absurd, silly, or dry humor, these open-ended questions are a good start to begin with.
List of fun questions to ask
So take a look through our funny questions to ask and pick whichever ones you like, and enjoy!
Funny questions to ask
- If you were wrongfully put into an insane asylum, how would you convince them that you’re actually sane and not just pretending to be sane?
- What fictional character is amazing in their book / show / movie, but would be insufferable if you had to deal with them in mundane everyday situations?
- What kind of secret society would you like to start?
- How many chickens would it take to kill an elephant?
- What’s the best type of cheese?
- What would be the funniest animal to scale up to the size of a horse?
- What would be the best-worst name for different types of businesses? (dry cleaners, amusement parks, etc.)
- What set of items could you buy that would make the cashier the most uncomfortable?
- What secret conspiracy would you like to start?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn?
- If you were held at gunpoint and told that if you didn’t impress them with your dance moves, you would be killed, what dance moves would you bust out?
- If you were transported 400 years into the past with no clothes or anything else, how would you prove that you were from the future?
- What movie would be significantly improved if it was made into a musical?
- What movie completely changes its plot when you change one letter in its title? What’s the new movie about?
- What would some fairy tales be like if they took place in the present and included modern technology and culture?
- If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
- What is the funniest joke you know by heart?
- What would the world be like if it was filled with male and female copies of you?
- What’s the weirdest thing a guest has done at your house?
- Who do you know that really reminds you of a character in a TV show or movie?
- What’s the most imaginative insult you can come up with?
- How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza?
More funny questions to ask
- What would be the worst “buy one get one free” sale of all time?
- In 40 years, what will people be nostalgic for?
- What would be the creepiest thing you could say while passing a stranger on the street?
- What mythical creature would improve the world most if it existed?
- What are the unwritten rules of where you work?
- What’s the weirdest smell you have ever smelled?
- What are some things that are okay to occasionally do but definitely not okay to do every day?
- What is the weirdest thing you have seen in someone else’s home?
- If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?
- Which body part do you wish you could detach and why?
- What is something trendy now, but in 5 years, everyone will look back on and be embarrassed by?
- What is the sexiest and least sexy name?
- What’s the best inside joke you’ve been a part of?
- If all states in your country were represented by food, what food would each state be represented by?
- What part of a kid’s movie completely scarred you?
- Is a hotdog a sandwich? Why or why not?
- What are some of the nicknames you have for customers or coworkers?
- Where is the strangest place you’ve urinated or defecated?
- You’re a mad scientist, what scientific experiment would you run if money and ethics weren’t an issue?
- If someone asked to be your apprentice and learn all that you know, what would you teach them?
- What are some fun and exciting alternatives to war that countries could settle their differences with?
- What’s the best Wi-Fi name you’ve seen?
Fun questions to ask
- What’s the most ridiculous fact you’ve ever heard of?
- What is the funniest corporate / business screw up you have heard of?
- What is something that everyone looks stupid doing?
- What is the funniest name you have actually heard used in the real world?
- What is something that you just recently realized that you are embarrassed you didn’t know earlier?
- What two totally normal things become really weird if you do them back to back?
- What would be the hat to end all hats? What could you wear on your head that would make people stop what they are doing and stare in awe and amazement?
- What ridiculous and untrue, yet slightly plausible, theories can you come up with for the cause of common ailments like headaches or cavities?
- First, think of a product. Now, what would be the absolute worst brand name for one of those products?
- What are some fun ways to answer simple questions like “how’s it going” or “what do you do”?
- Where was the most inappropriate / most embarrassing place you’ve farted?
- What used to be considered trashy, but now is very classy?
- What would be the absolute worst name you could give your child?
- In one sentence, how would you sum up the internet?
- If life were a video game, what would some of the cheat codes be?
- If over time you replace parts on a car, at what point does it stop being the same car you bought? How many parts do you need to replace to make it a new car?
- What would be the worst thing for the government to make illegal?
- If peanut butter wasn’t called peanut butter, what would it be called?
- What inanimate object do you wish you could eliminate from existence?
- Is cereal soup? Why or why not?
- What sport would be the most comic to add a mandatory amount of alcohol to?
- If you die and find out that everyone gets to choose a twelve-foot by twelve-foot square to stay in alone. For eternity and without being able to influence or contact the living world, what square would you choose?
- If your five-year-old self suddenly found themselves inhabiting your current body, what would your five-year-old self do first?
- What’s invisible, but you wish people could see?
- Toilet paper, over or under?