Funny Questions to Ask
Looking for some fun questions to ask and answer? Here's a list of funny questions to get a conversation going. Because everyone enjoys a good laugh!✍️ November 4, 2021
- 🤣 Funny Questions to Ask People
- 🤣 Funny Questions to Ask Friends When Bored
- 🤩 Funny Questions to Ask A Girl
- 😂 Funny Questions to Ask A Guy
- 😉 Funny Questions to Ask A Kid
Asking a funny question can lead to many interesting conversations. Coming up with those questions can be tricky, though.
Here are some funny deep questions to get you started. Whether you like absurd, silly, or dry humor, these open-ended questions are a good start to begin with! Enjoy these funny icebreaker questions!
Funny Questions to Ask People
Asking weird questions is a great way to get the party started and lighten the mood. It is something you can do with your family on Thanksgiving or at work when there’s too much tension in the air.
While we all know that asking serious questions is important, sometimes we just need to break out of our comfort zone and try some fun ones instead! Here is a list of general funny questions to get you started:
1. What’s the most amusing name you’ve ever heard in real life?
Ask for the backstory of the story. I’m sure the taleteller nearly died from laughing!
2. What is something that you just discovered that you are embarrassed you didn’t know sooner?
Everyone is human and we all have our learning curves. Admit you’re a novice to break the ice!
3. What are two typical things that become strange if done back-to-back?
Just think about sleeping, staring in the mirror, or driving!
4. What would you put on your head that would cause people to stop what they’re doing and stare in astonishment?
Talk about an attention-getter!
5. What used to be considered trashy, but now is very classy?
In a generation, people’s opinions about certain things change. Be open to the idea that you’re stuck in your own time warp!
6. What would be the absolute worst name you could give your child?
Better prepare now so you won’t be caught off guard later!
🤓 Suggested read: 😂 75 Funny Puns to Brighten Your Day
7. In one sentence, how would you sum up the internet?
Ask this question to open up a wider discussion on the internet. From there, you can get insight into how people use it in their daily lives!
8. If life were a video game, what would some of the game cheats be?
This is another way to open up discussion about how people use technology.
9. What kind of sport would be the most amusing if you include a required amount of alcohol?
I can’t help but wonder how some of these sports would be different if alcohol was involved…
10. What’s invisible, but you wish people could see?
Some important things are not visible to the eye. Ask about this one to get some insight on what you may be missing!
📖 Suggested read: 45+ 'What Do You Call?' Jokes To Make Your Friends Laugh
11. If your five-year-old self suddenly found themselves inhabiting your current body, what would your five-year-old self do first?
I guess they would scream? Sounds pretty scary!
12. If you were a singer, what would be your trademark song?
See if they sing it as an example!
13. What are the most ridiculous lies you’ve told in your life?
Everyone has their silly lies. Just wonder what crazy things they’ve heard!
14. What do you think is the meaning of life?
I bet this question will lead into an amazing discussion.
15. What would your most epic dream world be like?
This will give you an interesting perspective!
👉 In mood of more random questions? Here are 200+ Questions to get to know someone!
Funny Questions to Ask Friends When Bored
If you are looking for funny questions to ask friends when bored, here are some great ways to break the ice. These questions can help you have a fun time with your buddies.
They can also help you get to know them on a more personal level. Feel free to use the following questions and start laughing together! Enjoy this list of questions!
1. If you were wrongfully put into an insane asylum, how would you convince them that you’re actually sane?
That is a tough one.
2. What would be the funniest animal to scale up to the size of a horse?
Are you a cat person too? I think cats would be comical. But I would be afraid of ants! They are so strong.
4. What movie would be significantly improved if it was made into a musical?
Probably any action movie, because it would be funnier if people were singing.
5. What would the world be like if it was filled with male and female copies of you?
I think the world would be a much better place! But if the person you’re talking to seems to be afraid of this imaginative world, better afraid of that person…
6. What’s the most imaginative insult you can come up with?
I think it’s fun to come up with creative jabs.
7. What are the unwritten rules of where you work?
Let’s dive into a talk about your dream job afterwards.
8. Which body part do you wish you could detach and why?
It would be great to take my feet off so I don’t have to do cardio!
9. What is something trendy now, but in 5 years, everyone will look back on and be embarrassed by?
What about Social Media? Let’s share your embarrassing story about the ridiculous things you’ve posted!
10. What part of a kid’s movie completely scarred you?
I remember being scarred by a scene in The Lion King. I don’t want to spoil it for you! Just watch the movie and guess what part scares me.
11. If you were a fruit, what would your name be?
I do wonder how fruits got their names…
12. You’re a mad scientist, what scientific experiment would you run if money and ethics weren’t an issue?
I think it would be awesome to turn myself into a vampire. Then I would be part of your scary ghost story
13. How long could you go without talking?
There’s no wrong answer!
14. How would you impress a date if time was not an issue?
If time wasn’t an issue, I wonder what people would do to try and impress a date.
15. What is the best way to catch a wild animal?
I think you would need to use a trap. Maybe one that looks like it has food inside, then once the animal is in there, they can’t get out.
👉 Here are more questions to ask friends!
Funny Questions to Ask A Girl
If you are wondering what sorts of questions to ask a girl, here are some great ideas to get your mind going. These are surefire ways to break the ice and have fun with her.
You might even learn something new about her by asking these fun icebreaker questions!
1. What fictional character is amazing in their world, but would be insufferable if you had to deal with them in everyday situations?
I think Jess from New Girl would be incredibly annoying in real life.
2. What set of items could you buy that would make the cashier the most uncomfortable?
I think I would choose a set of items that included sex toys.
3. What secret conspiracy would you like to start?
I would like to start a conspiracy that I’m actually the President of the United States, but no one knows. Huh, interesting!
4. If you were transported 400 years into the past with no clothes or anything else, how would you prove that you were from the future?
That would be hard to prove…
5. What would some fairy tales be like if they took place in the present and included modern technology and culture?
I think the fairy tales would change a lot if they took place in modern times.
6. How do you feel about pineapple on pizza?
It’s either on of your guilty pleasures or it’s the grossest food ever. There’s nothing in between.
7. In 40 years, what will people be nostalgic for?
I think people will miss the days when they were able to post selfies on social media and not get in trouble.
8. What would be the creepiest thing you could say while passing a stranger on the street?
“I know where you live”.
9. What’s the weirdest smell you have ever smelled?
I acutally don’t want to hear that.
10. What is the best prank you could pull on a famous person?
Let’s prank your celebrity crush! But don’t do anything creepy.
11. How many times have you been to the emergency room?
I never have. I’m very lucky!
12. What is a beauty tip a fairy godmother would give you?
I think a fairy godmother would tell me how to not be afraid of trying new things.
13. What is something you can never unsee?
I don’t want to know…
14. If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I love food. I can’t choose just one!
15. If you could have the super power to never forget anything, would you want that power? Why or why not?
I think it would be fun to always remember details like songs and quotes, but I don’t know if I’d want to remember every fight I have ever had.
👉 Do you want to keep laughing? Check out these Dad Jokes and share them with your friends!
Funny Questions to Ask A Guy
In case you are wondering what sorts of questions to ask a guy, here is a list of great suggestions. These can be perfect for when you want to make him laugh and get to know him better at the same time. He might tell his friends about your sense of humor!
Just don’t use them all in one go, then he might get suspicious. Here you can find personal questions, simple questions, and lighthearted questions as well!
1. What kind of secret society would you like to start?
I would like to start a secret society that had everything. Like, money and jewels and power.
2. If you could go back in time and change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I think I’d like to change the fact that I wasn’t less shy when I was younger. It’s harder to make friends.
3. If you were held at gunpoint and told that if you didn’t impress them with your dance moves, you would be killed, what dance moves would you bust out?
I don’t know any good dance moves, but I would probably try to play it cool.
4. What movie completely changes its plot when you change one letter in its title? What’s the new movie about?
Not many movies change completely when you change just one letter, but I think this is an interesting question to ask someone!
5. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
I hope you get some funny answers!
6. What’s the weirdest thing a guest has done at your house?
Let’s get to know something about his personal life!
7. What would be the worst “buy one get one free” sale of all time?
Hm, that’s a tricky one.
🤓 Suggested read: 200+ Great Questions to Ask a Guy
8. What are some things that are okay to occasionally do but definitely not okay to do every day?
I think it might be okay to occasionally eat in bed, but not every day.
9. What is a fun fact about your town/city that very few people know?
I don’t think there are too many super interesting facts about where I live, but I’d like to know if anyone knows of any!
10. If you could have anyone, alive or dead, as your mentor, who would it be?
I’d love to have Oprah as my mentor. She seems really smart and driven.
11. What are some fun and exciting alternatives to war that countries could settle their differences with?
I’m not sure what kinds of alternatives there are. Maybe a game of dodgeball?
12. If you could travel through time, where would you go and what year would you travel to?
What historical figure would you love to meet?
13. What was the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever believed as a child?
When I was younger, I thought baby rhinos didn’t really exist.
14. If you could live in any TV show, what would it be and why?
I’d love to live in Friends because I think it would be fun to live with all the characters.
15. What would be the worst thing about living in outer space?
I think the worst thing would be not being able to breathe. Or not seeing any plants or animals.
👉 Do you want to try some of the Funniest Pick-Up Lines? Follow the link!
Funny Questions to Ask A Kid
If you are looking for funny questions to ask a kid, then this list will give you some ideas. Kids have a great sense of humor and they will probably giggle when you ask them these questions.
You can ask your kids or if you work with children, then feel free to use these at your job. Just make sure everyone has a good time and gets their giggles in!
1. How many chickens would it take to kill an elephant?
I don’t know. As many chickens as it would take to kill an elephant!
2. What is the funniest vegetable?
Silly question. All veggies are funny, especially when they burp!
3. What is the funniest joke you know?
Kids love telling jokes!
4. Who is the silliest grown up you know?
The silly people are probably laughing at this question.
5. What mythical creature would improve the world most if it existed?
A unicorn because it’s kind and gentle.
6. What is the weirdest thing you have seen in someone else’s home?
I’ve seen a lot of stuffed snakes and strange artwork…
7. If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?
Probably the pig because they eat everything and anything.
8. What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever heard of?
I don’t think anything is ridiculous. Even the things that seem silly and weird do have a reason behind them.
🤓 Suggested read: List of the Best Ice Breaker Questions that will Spark Conversations
9. If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why?
Superman because he’s awesome!
10. What is something that everyone looks stupid doing?
Eating soup, because it always gets on their face!
11. If you were a toilet, what would your superpower be?
I don’t think I’d want to be a toilet. That’s kind of gross!
12. What is your favorite smell?
I like the smell of rain and flowers.
13. What is the best thing about school/kindergarten?
It’s fun to learn new things and mix with all your friends.
14. What is your favorite place to be?
As a child, I liked being in the playroom because I can make up stories and play games.
15. What is the silliest thing you’ve ever done?
I would love to hear those stories!
👉 Here yo can find our list of icebreakers and more Conversation Starters!