Fun Icebreaker Games
Here's our list of the top 10 best icebreaker games to start a conversation without making things awkward.Conversation Starters 👇
We're hiring and looking for a fully remote UI/UX designer. Apply now!
One of the most difficult things that you encounter is trying to start a conversation with someone without making things awkward. It can ruin your day if your attempt to start a fun yet insightful conversation fails!
The solution to this problem is finally here! We come to the rescue with our unique ideas on conversation starters, icebreaker questions, and games that will surely improve your interpersonal and social experiences.
We made you a list of the best icebreaker games that will no doubt spice up everyone’s mood in an instant and engage everyone to open up:
Top 10 Fun Icebreaker Games
1. Friendship Quiz
This game takes the form of a fun-filled quiz that will test how well you know your best friends! We have come up with interesting and unique questions about your friends. These questions consist of trivia, favorites, facts, and more which are all centered around your friends.
Do you think you know everything there is to know about your BFFs? Play the game now and find out!
Create your own Best Friend Quiz
2. Truth or Dare
Truth or Dare is a classic favorite during parties and sleepovers because it’s simple and easy! You just need to ask your friends to truthfully answer questions or challenge them to do a task. The questions and dares can range from deep to hilarious to embarrassing ones! You need to be bold enough to play this game.
Would you dare to play Truth or Dare? Truth or Dare: Game rules, ideas and more!
3. Party Trivia
One of the classic games, Party Trivia is played by friends and families all across the world because a lot of people enjoy challenging and nerdy questions about their favorite movies, songs, historical events, and just about everything under the sun! Players take pride in earning the highest points and winning at trivia nights.
Bright and gutsy enough to play Party Trivia? Play the game now with your friends and family to find out who is your ultimate trivia champion!
Download Party Trivia:
4. Never Have I Ever
This game is a verbal, drinking game which is everyone’s favorite because it lets you get a sneak peek on what’s everyone experienced so far! It’s simple, you just say “Never have I ever…” followed by something you’ve never done and those that have done it, drinks.
Here are some fun Never Have I Ever statements you can try out:
- Never have I ever gone skinny dipping.
- Never have I ever gone bar hopping.
- Never have I ever been in a fist fight.
- Never have I ever cheated on my partner.
- Never have I ever kissed someone of the same gender.
- Never have I ever been to Disneyland.
- Never have I ever lied to my parents about money.
- Never have I ever killed an animal.
- Never have I ever skipped school.
- Never have I ever said “I love you” to anyone and meant it.
Are you ready to have fun and get drunken memories with your best pals? Play the game now! Never Have I Ever Party Game Ideas and More
5. One Word Game
The One Word game is another simple verbal game in which you will each be asked to give just one word that describes or relates to a certain topic agreed upon by the group. This will encourage everyone to speak up and sometimes explain why they chose that word.
In a way, this game will let you know more about your friends’ personality in just one word. This proves that less is always more!
6. Mix & Meet
Mix & Meet is a super fun, simple, and yummy game which is a great way to meet other people or know your friends and family more! All you need are the players and some colored food like M&Ms or Jelly Beans.
For every color, assign a category (eg. Red=Favorite Hobbies; Blue=Favorite Food). Each player picks from the pack of food and for every color and number of M&Ms or bean, the player shares something about the agreed-upon category or topic. (2 Blue Jelly Beans= 2 Favorite Foods).
Here are some more interesting categories you can use:
- Foreign places you’ve been to
- Things you wish you can afford to buy
- Clothes you want to wear but you’re too shy to try
- Girls/Boys in school you had crushes on
- Places you plan to visit
- Celebrities you are a fan of
- Favorite songs of all time
- Favorite romantic movies
- Childhood Memory that makes you teary-eyed
- Best cakes you’ve ever tasted
Getting to know each other over delicious food is an awesome way to earn new friends and create lasting memories!
7. Shoe Talk
This is a great getting-to-know-each-other game that gives each player a chance to ask questions to the other players. Players are divided into two groups. You take off one of your shoes and put them all in a pile (one pile per group).
During the game, each of the other team’s players picks a shoe from the other team’s pile and tries to find who the shoe belongs to. You ask the shoe owner a personal question upon returning the shoe. The shoe owner will be the next one to pick a shoe.
This is a unique and exciting way to get to know people!
8. Name Bingo
One of the most enjoyable icebreaker games ever, Name Bingo incorporates the players’ names and some descriptions to the normal Bingo game sheet. You will need 5x5 name bingo sheets with personality grids (eg. Grid Labels: Has Long Hair, Has Travelled Overseas). The more players, the merrier!
Here are some great ideas for labels on the grids:
- Has colored nail polish
- Has blue eyes
- Has curly hair
- Has short blonde hair
- Has a pierced belly button
- Went to _ _ _ _ _ _ (name of school)
- Lives in _ _ _ _ _ _ (name of neighborhood)
- Works as a _ _ _ _ _ _ (job title/position/career)
- Has been to Paris
- Is famous in social media
Each player is given a sheet. You will need to go around and fill the grids with the names of persons that match the descriptions. The person who completes wins! Alternatively, the game can go on with someone calling the names in random order. Cross off the names called. The person who first crosses a row or column of five names should yell “Bingo!” to win!
9. Desert Island Picks
This icebreaker game can go on with unending questions to choose from. All you need is for every person in the group to ask “If you were stranded on a desert island…(Add your question)? “ and everyone should give their answer.
Here are some examples of statements that would spice up your game:
- If you were stranded on a desert island, who do you want to be stranded with?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what is the first thing you’ll look for?
- If you were stranded on a desert island and you only found a few materials to either build a shelter or a small boat, which would you make?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 5 items must you have?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, would you rather be stranded with a girl or a boy and why?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what would be the first thing you’ll miss?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, how will you find water to drink?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what luxury item would you keep with you?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, how do you escape?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, how will you feed yourself?
It’s simple but will require your friends to think of unique things not only to ask others but to answer others’ questions, too! This is a great way to start conversations with your friends and spice up the mood.
10. Sketch A Portrait
You might not be an artist but this game will force you to be! The rule is simple but not very simple to do, just sketch the person next to you. If you are talented, good for you, you will be praised. If you are not, everyone is in for a good laugh!
This game can be quite enjoyable for you and your friends. It somehow gives you an idea of your friend’s point of view. Don’t take it too seriously though, we can’t all be good at drawing!
What do you think about these awesome icebreaker games? Hungry for more? Don’t worry, we’ve got lots of icebreaker ideas, questions and games for you and your friends to try out…
✍️ September 28, 2020