First Date Conversations ❤️
Thinking of what to talk about on the first date can be quite hard so we prepared a list of questions to start a beautiful relationship!✍️ January 29, 2021
- First Date Conversation Tips
- First Date Conversation Topics
- Getting-To-Know-You First Date Questions
- Serious First Date Questions
- Funny First Date Questions
People say that nothing is as nerve-wracking as first dates! The art of dating conversations is very hard to master no matter what you do. Some people stress over before the first date and just clam up during the date or even worse, make a fool of themselves! In order to prepare for your first date, you need to be ready for anything. Remember, it’s your first chance to make a great and lasting impression…
First Date Conversation Tips
They say that one should not force anything but going on your first date with a plan on how to do things won’t hurt your chances at all. It would ease your stress and help you calm down if you at least have an idea on what to do and what to say during the date.
Try these conversation tips to survive the first date and give you and your date a great time that could be the start of something beautiful for the both of you:
Find your common denominator: It’s great to start your friendship by choosing a topic you can both relate to like your education, religion or hometown. Starting your conversation with something familiar will make you feel comfortable with each other.
Share the things you know about the topic: Share what you can about your common denominator. This will make him/her realize that you also share the same sentiments about that topic. You will be building on the initial connection you’ve established with your date.
Small talks are a lifesaver: In every first date, there may come a point during the date when you run out of things to talk about. It would be very abnormal to carry index cards, after all. The very natural way you can get out of the awkward situation is to comment about the place you’re in or something you’ve seen at that moment. For example, you can ask them if they’ve ever been to that coffee shop or restaurant. This topic can expand to places they like, favorite food and drinks, and more!N e w !Drawly | Multiplayer Drawing & Guessing GamePlay
Ask questions and let your date ask, too: Your date will be more engaging if you ask all types of appropriate questions to each other. One of the indicators that your date is going well and that your date is interested in you is if they’re asking you questions. He or she really wants to know you big time!
Talking and asking a lot about what you and they do for a living is a no-no: First dates are all about figuring out if you have that spark between the both of you. You should be talking about your family, friends, interests, talents, and hobbies, not about how much you earn! It’s time to have fun in each other’s company. You can talk about your dreams and aspirations in life but not the technical, boring and financial stuff!
Listen to each other closely: Talking and asking lots of questions aren’t the only indicators that you’re enjoying the date. If you notice that your date listens closely to what you say, it means he/she does not want to miss a single thing.
Be creative but be yourself: There’s no point starting a relationship as someone else other than yourself. Your date should know the real you and accept you for who you are from the start. Get creative with the topics you start but make sure to stay true to yourself!
If you still need more basic conversation tips for your first date, take a look at our Conversation Starters!
First Date Conversation Topics
If you’re really serious about getting the person to like you, you should have a couple of ideas on what topics to bring up during your date. You should at least know a bit about him or her so that you can at least start somewhere.
This is a first date, though, so try to choose lighthearted yet meaningful topics. You can talk about anything under the sun. Enjoy each other’s company, bask in your date’s attention and open up! You never know…you might already be talking to the one you’ll probably spend the rest of your life with if everything goes accordingly!
Here is a list of the most commonly used first date conversation topics:
- Hobbies and talents
- Food and Drinks
- Songs and artists
- Dreams and fears
- Likes and dislikes
Still not sure what to do on your first date? Just take a look at out Good first date ideas article!
First Date Questions
The best way to get to know each other and encourage your date to open up is to ask each other questions that will give you a glimpse about your date’s personality. Be creative with the topics you start and the questions you ask. You can ask about childhood memories, hobbies, favorites, and more!
Here are some questions that will help you know each other more:
First Date Questions About Childhood
Getting to know the roots of your date, where they come from and how they were like when they were younger can give you a glimpse of why they are the way they are. It’s like knowing the basic facts of a lesson and trying to paint a picture of their entire personality from scratch.
- Where did you grow up?
- Do you have an embarrassing childhood nickname?
- What’s it like growing up with your family?
- Were you a shy kid?
- What was your ultimate childhood dream?
- What are some fun facts about you?
- Did you have a pet when you were young?
- What’s your best childhood memory?
- What makes you unique?
- Who would you say is your best friend?
First Date Questions About Hobbies and Favorites
Finding your common denominator would be easier if you know what your date does all day. What they do and what they like say a lot about their personality. Finding something you both like to do will give you ideas on what to do during your next dates!
- What’s something you want to learn or achieve if given the chance, time and opportunity?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What is your favorite place on Earth?
- What is your favorite song?
- Do you have a secret talent?
- Have you ever read ____ (name of book)? What’s your all-time favorite book?
- What do you love to do during your free time?
- What’s something that really annoys you?
- Have you ever been to a game?
Serious First Date Questions
It’s okay to get deep on the first date, too! Serious questions, when given sincere, deep and wise answers can be very attractive! Here are some questions and topics you can discuss to really understand each other on your first date:
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Do you have a dream you wish to pursue in the future?
- What do you think is the worst thing about our society?
- Have you ever been on bad dates lately?
- Are you close with your family?
- When was your last serious relationship?
- Do you believe in God?
- What is the quote that you live by each day?
- Who are the special people in your life?
- What’s something you’re proud of?
Funny First Date Questions
Funny people can make you fall in love with the company they can offer. Humor and witty remarks can do wonders for your date. There’s really something magical about making a person laugh. Here are some funny but appropriate questions that can amuse you and your date:
- What’s the most embarrassing moment in your entire existence?
- Do you know of any good jokes?
- Do you have a fear that you think is very silly?
- Tell me all about the worst movie you’ve ever seen.
- What’s the cheesiest pick-up line that you think would still work?
- If you were president, what would be your first law?
- What’s the weirdest tasting food you’ve ever tried?
- What’s the most stupid advice you’ve ever received from someone?
- If you were turned into the opposite gender right now, what’s the first thing you’ll do?
- What’s the worst time to forget something?
Awkward silences are inevitable on first dates. We can’t all be casanovas and smooth-talk our way through our first dates. Put your best foot forward and be yourself! Who knows? With these first date tips and conversation starters, the next first date you go to might be your last first date! 😉😉😉
Want more conversation starters to try out? Take a look at our Basic Conversation Starters and get ready for the best first date!