Find the perfect questions to ask the girl or boy you like in order for you to get to know one another even more. Say goodbye to long, pointless and awkward small talks, with these questions, you’ll be wanting to talk to each other forever!Conversation Starters 👇
We're hiring and looking for a fully remote UI/UX designer. Apply now!
Introducing yourself to someone you like and just met is not an easy thing to do. Getting to know someone you like is an entirely monumental step and you need to step up your game in order to keep yourself and your conversations with that person going.
In order to know someone, you gotta be interesting and interested. It takes two to tango, after all, so be yourself and just see how it goes for the both of you.
Let’s go over the 101 on how to get to know someone you like!
How To Get To Know Someone
Getting to know someone is not as easy one, two, three. It’s more like one to ten! Here are ten guaranteed steps in order to create connections with people and make that relationship you’ve made work out:
Smiling at someone might seem like the most natural and simple thing but it’s actually an invitation for that person to talk to you. If you like someone, make yourself look and seem approachable, warm and friendly by giving them the luxury of your gorgeous smile!
2. Small talk your way into their hearts.
Of course, you can’t really skip the small talks, they’re an essential way for you to scratch the surface or the wall between you and the person. However, make sure that what you talk about matches the aura and immediate environment that you are both in. For example, you can comment about the weather or how nice the place is or something along those lines.
3. Bring on those Getting-To-Know-You Conversation Starters.
In order to start a conversation with someone, you need to know even a little bit about them. These conversation starters are going to be the bridge between small talks and the question-asking part.
In need of the best conversation starters to bring you closer to your family and friends? Follow this link Conversation Starters!
4. Ask Getting-To-Know-You Questions.
Once you get more personal with someone, you can now ask questions that will make you get a glimpse of what he or she is all about. Get creative and try to level with the person you’re trying to meet. Ask questions that intrigue you and you feel he or she would be comfortable to talk about.
5. Open Up About Yourself, too!
After knowing things about the other person, it’s time to introduce yourself to him or her. It won’t make sense if you won’t share anything about you! Meeting and mingling with people is a give-and-take relationship. Break down those barriers of embarrassment and awkwardness by letting them in.
6. Discover your Mutual Interests.
Since you have already talked about each of your likes and dislikes, you can now figure out which things you both like and start talking more about them.
7. Plan Activities related to your Mutual Interests.
You don’t just wanna talk and talk, you can also both agree and plan your next hangout together based on your mutual interests. For example, both of you may be interested in bowling or basketball, then you can visit a bowling alley together or watch a live NBA game!
8. Hang out alone together and with your friends.
Once you realize that you enjoy each other’s company, make sure to ask the person on a second date or second hangout. Doing things and going places together can make you feel more comfortable and familiar with one another.
It doesn’t have to be just the two of you all the time, you can also meet each other’s friends and have fun together with them!
9. Follow each other on social media.
In the digital world, you’re only friends when you have added each other on Facebook and following someone means following them on social media. This way you’ll be much more updated with each others’ lives.
10. Don’t be a stranger.
Be consistent when you are friends or in a relationship with someone. The key to really knowing a person is to stay in touch as always because in life, people change, so you would want to know what’s up with your friend/s!
100 Questions to Get Know Someone
One of the most, if not the most important step, in getting to know someone is to ask them questions on a personal level. These questions will undeniably make your conversations the best there is that you’ll never want it to stop
1. What is your favorite food?
You’re in for a yummy conversation that could turn into a lunch date!
2. Are you a morning or night person?
At least you’ll know when to message or call her/him!
3. Do you love small talks?
Hmmm, not nearly as much as I enjoy deep conversations about life!
4. Do you like to work out?
If both of you love exercise, you can be gym buddies!
5. Are you a spontaneous explorer or a planner?
Either way, you can both go on a spontaneous adventure or a planned vacation which you will both look forward to.
6. Where is the place you’re dying to travel to?
Having to plan to visit a place to travel to makes you feel eager for your time together.
7. In your opinion, what is the greatest TV show of all time?
You can watch that show together!
8. Do you have any pets?
Maybe you can bond over how cute and adorable animals are. Couples who are both animal lovers tend to have an even more special bond over their love for pets.
9. Do you know how to cook?
If yes, then you’re in for a ride but if not, you could both have a wonderful time talking about food, restaurants and more!
10. What’s one superpower you wish you had?
Still a very interesting topic even until now!
11. What was your first ever job?
It’s always best to avoid questions about jobs when you’re trying to date someone but it could also be an interesting topic about firsts!
12. When was your most adventurous moment?
Another question that could lead you to plan trips together in the future!
13. Have you ever had a near-death experience?
Kind of a weird topic but pulling this off would be amazing and it’s truly an interesting topic.
14. What was your childhood like?
Most people love talking about their childhood so you’re going to hear lovely childhood memories.
15. Are your parents strict?
Perfect question to ask someone you wanna date if you’re still teenagers or if you’re concerned about winning the parentals over.
16. When was the last time you partied?
Go clubbing together afterwards!
17. What’s your ultimate stress reliever?
Take note of this and use it in the future!
18. Do you want to have kids someday?
Maybe ask this to your partner after a few years into your relationship. You’re gonna want to be on the same page, anyway.
19. Are you happy with life in general?
Talking about happiness and what it truly takes is so deep and personal.
20. Do you have some secret dreams you want to achieve in the future?
Dreams, aspirations and hope for the future make you wanna live life to the fullest. Everyone loves talking about them.
21. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
The person you’re talking to would appreciate that you care what he or she thinks!
22. Have you ever thought about living abroad?
Maybe you have the same plans about your future!
23. What is one thing you’ve always wanted to pursue but never had the time to do?
Encourage the person to do it and live life to the fullest!
24. What is the title of the story of your life?
A question that’ll really make them think and be fascinated about their own lives!
25. What’s one thing that annoys you the most?
It pays to know.
26. What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
It’s just nice to reflect on past achievements and acts of bravery.
27. How do you see yourself five years from now?
It’s really such a deep question to ask.
28. What’s your worst habit?
Being honest and open to one another is key in any relationship.
29. Have you ever been cheated on?
It’s also important to know about each other’s past in order to avoid things that hurt you.
30. What’s your biggest regret in life?
It’s normal and it’s totally okay.
31. What are your dreams like recently?
Being interested in each other’s dreams is just so personal.
32. Have you ever been in love?
Love is a topic you’ll want to talk about if you plan on taking your relationship to the next level.
33. Do you consider yourself to be a confident person?
It’s very interesting to talk about self esteem, it’ll make both of you comfortable with one another after.
34. What keeps you up at night?
Movies? Books? Late night thoughts?
35. When was the last time you had a good cry?
This will show that you’re a sensitive person and you care what the other feels.
36. What are your biggest insecurities?
You can help the person work through his or her insecurities.
37. What easily angers you?
Best to avoid whatever it is!
38. Do your parents have a happy marriage?
You can ask this once you’re already a bit closer with each other.
39. What makes you truly alive?
Anything that makes you wonderfully alive is worth talking about.
40. Have you ever hit rock bottom in life?
It’s also great to talk about the bad times.
41. What’s the most important moment in your life?
Looking back at your milestones and sharing them with someone feels good.
42. Do you believe in soulmates?
Might sound like an intro or a pickup line but it’s actually a very interesting topic!
43. How would you describe me in three words?
Asking another person what he or she thinks about you is a classic move to help you know if he or she likes you!
44. What’s your dream date?
Then make that dream come true!
45. Would you rather go out or stay in?
It’s gonna tell a lot about your personality.
46. How would you define love?
This is very hard to answer, trust me!
47. What is your number one motivation?
Talk about what keeps you going in life.
48. Do you believe that opposites attract?
Not totally opposite people, right?
49. What is life all about?
Gosh, another deep question!
50. Would you rather be heartbroken or be a heartbreaker?
This topic is going to take you for a long conversation about relationships and love.
51. Does love really conquer all?
Does it, really?
52. Are you religious?
They say to avoid these topics but if you’re in this for the long ride and you’re serious about someone, you gotta be open.
53. What was the worst phase in your life?
It helps to talk about your struggles, past and present.
54. Have you ever lost someone?
You can even talk about grief and how to cope. It’ll make you feel closer with each other.
55. Do you have a diary?
This question is on a very personal level!
56. Do you believe in second chances?
It’s gonna help you to know if the other person does.
57. What is your idea of a perfect vacation?
It’s sooo good to think and talk about it!
58. Do you think Tinder really works?
People have different opinions about this one.
59. What is the craziest thing you’ve done lately?
It’s okay to be crazy, life’s too short!
60. Are you happy with your job?
More than half of the population of the world won’t say yes!
61. What are your top five favorite movies?
Talking about movies just takes you to a whole new dimension!
62. What are your favorite songs?
Songs and Music are also great interests you can both share.
63. What’s your greatest fear?
Being able to talk about them is a step to conquering them.
64. If you were so rich you could live anywhere, where would you go?
Daydreaming is free to all!
65. Are you closer to your Mom or Dad?
No shame in that!
66. What do you think is the weirdest thing about you?
Weird? Nope. Someone who likes you will find it fascinating!
67. Dogs or cats?
These furballs are so adorable you can’t choose!
68. Which movie or story character do you look up to?
Everyone has one!
69. Which movie makes you so sad you cry?
The Notebook? Armageddon? The Fault in our Stars? Titanic?
70. Which song did you last listen to?
And you can listen to it together!
71. Do you have a favorite book?
You can even exchange books and talk about them.
72. What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
It’ll feel better to be able to tell someone about it.
73. When was the last time you cried tears of joy?
It’s such a liberating experience, you gotta share it!
74. Do you think that life without suffering is worthwhile?
This question is deep, you’re both gonna need to think about it for a bit.
75. To love or to be loved?
If you’re lucky, you get both but if not, which would you choose?
76. Do you believe in deja-vus?
Another interesting topic to spend time talking about!
77. How many countries to visit are in your bucket list?
You can or book trips to them together!
78. Do you like chocolates more than you like flowers?
Take note of this for Valentine’s Day and other occasions!
79. Are you health conscious?
It’ll be great if you could both encourage one another to be!
80. What is your motto in life?
Everyone has a mantra or motto they live by, whether they admit it or not.
81. Do you have nicknames in the family?
It’s an unusual but interesting question which will be so much fun to answer!
82. What is your definition of success?
May it be material or spiritual or emotional success, everyone really has different meanings for it.
83. Who do you admire most in the world?
Role models are great to talk about.
84. What’s the last thing you do before you sleep?
Very weird to ask but very fun to answer!
85. If you could talk to the president, what would you tell him?
Promote world peace, of course!
86. If you could travel back in time, where would you go?
It’s nice and exciting to even just imagine that you could do this!
87. If you could wake up tomorrow in some else’s body, who would you be?
Total Freaky Friday Feels!
88. Do you have any allergies?
It’s helpful to know this about your partner and friends so that you’ll know which food to avoid.
89. Are you a die-hard “stan” of any celebrities?
Don’t be embarrassed if you are! No judgments here!
90. What would you change about yourself?
Remember, you’re beautiful just the way you are!
91. If you could become an animal in your next life, what would that be?
You could be a butterfly or a lion!
92. Would you rather cook or wash the dishes?
There are two types of people in the world.
93. What are your hobbies?
You can even try each other’s hobbies as a way of spending quality time together.
94. How many pillows do you sleep with?
No judgments here if you don’t like using pillows. Some people really just don’t.
95. Do you collect anything?
Bookmarks, stones, shells, books?
96. Who knows you best?
It might be a sibling or a friend!
97. What’s the one thing you won’t regret splurging on?
FOOD! Oops, that’s not necessarily the answer but what else should it be?
98. How often do you buy new clothes?
It’s not like you really always have to buy new ones.
99. Do you know any secret recipes?
It would be awesome to cook together and get to know each other even more!
100. Have you ever been on a rollercoaster ride or a ferris wheel?
If not then add it to your bucket list together!
Asking questions and being open to someone you meet or like is the most important part in order to get to know them. Every little bit of information you reveal in every question you answer increases the connection and intimacy you have for each other.
Hungry for more questions to use in order to get to know someone? Follow this link to see more awesome ideas 250 Questions to Get to Know Someone!
✍️ June 7, 2021